GDT: GAME 10: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild 7 pm CST

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It isn't nice to laugh: somebody could have died in that motorized vehicle accident. :teach:

Am really more worried about the condition of Sheppard's ATV... after all, he's been crashing ATVs since he was 3!

20480394_BG1.jpg

UMD05

Hobey Baker Champs
Mar 5, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Heatley and Falk were absolutely terrible in person tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if Heater is a compliance buyout this summer.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Heatley and Falk were absolutely terrible in person tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if Heater is a compliance buyout this summer.

I doubt Heatley gets bought out with all that salary coming off the books next year.

Not to mention he has 6 points in 10 games.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I won't be going to a Wild game for quite a while, but can someone who is please do me a favor for which I will be eternally grateful?

Can someone please start a "Go Leafs Go" chant?

UMD05

Hobey Baker Champs
Mar 5, 2010
St. Paul, MN
I doubt Heatley gets bought out with all that salary coming off the books next year.

Not to mention he has 6 points in 10 games.

It'd be more about the roster than the salary cap. If they want to get younger and faster I don't really see a place for him in the top 6.

BTW, 6 points in 10 games, but none in the last five.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It'd be more about the roster than the salary cap. If they want to get younger and faster I don't really see a place for him in the top 6.

BTW, 6 points in 10 games, but none in the last five.

Yes, I could see the wild using the compliance buyout on Heatley if his game doesn't improve.

He needs to stop being a part of the audience on the ice and start trying to be a player!

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
"And sorry: It’s an indictment when two rookies – Charlie Coyle and Jonas Brodin – are arguably two of the best players on the ice. Not good. Not good at all."

Absolutely.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Canuck fan in peace :)

Does anyone have info as to why Konopka was so mad at Weise?

It was kinda weird that the hate just came out of nowhere. lol

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
The lack of urgency is truly disturbing tonight, no fire? Are you freakin serious as a professional athlete? What does a coach have to do to get you fired up, throws tables and rant? Why do you need a coach to do that? Last year with all the injuries I let a lot of things slide with this team, this year if it continues happening these lackluster performances changes in leadership need to be made on this team.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I didn't really have problems with lines 1 and 4 because at least they tried and worked their ***** off, but the rest of them looked awful. From the D, Stoner was so terrible it should be criminal. The defense needs at least one more decent NHL-worthy player. Just horrible.

Some of the players on this team are in permafrost (Brodziak, Clutterbuck, etc.) and in a shortened season like this one, the team can't really afford it. I think Yeo's in over his head right now, but you can't put all the blame on him. This is a difficult position for everyone, regardless of their position. I'm sure the players are frustrated too. In the end, it was their responsibility to keep themselves in shape (both mentally and physically) during the lockout, not Yeo's. They were supposed to be ready to start the season at any point, and they'd known for some time before the lockout ended that there would be no pre-season games and the camp would be a lot shorter than usual. Only some of the players on this team were prepared for all that. They're not children and in the end, every individual is responsible for himself. They're the ones who should take a look in the mirror and ask themselves if this is how professional athletes operate. It's not on Yeo, it's not on Koivu, it's on them. The change has to come from themselves.

Last edited:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
"And sorry: It’s an indictment when two rookies – Charlie Coyle and Jonas Brodin – are arguably two of the best players on the ice. Not good. Not good at all."

Absolutely.

Let's keep that in perspective though.

Both of these are exceptional rookies who have had a fair amount of seasoning.

Their linemates are some of the better players on this team as well. This provides them with greater support and should instill in them greater confidence in turn.

Brodin has shown incredible composure at every level of play. He is arguably our best prospect, and quite probably just an exceptional player.

Coyle, while he has looked good, has mostly just lived up to expectations so far. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but let's not get too crazy on overpraising him.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Canuck fan in peace :)

Does anyone have info as to why Konopka was so mad at Weise?

It was kinda weird that the hate just came out of nowhere. lol

I was actually trying to figure that out as well.

The best I could come up with is that he was just frustrated with the situation and instead of helping his team, which is what he meant to do, he ended up hurting them, which I think just exacerbated the situation.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
wow great job boys, my balloon filled with hope & change has burst. anybody elses expectations smashed? should we chalk this year up to team chemistry building?

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
I'm going to at least wait until the halfway point before I contemplate running and screaming.

My expectations weren't high for this year as we had a lot of turnover on the roster and no training camp to really speak of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad