GDT: Game 10: Red Wings at isle 7:30 et 10/30/23

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (2).png

The boys gotta get back to winning! Let's go boys! Husso expected to start, expect the same lines.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Ilya Sorokin will face DET tonight. Mayfield is out for a 7th game in a row due to injury.
Also :

DET : 4 GF per game
NYI : 2.57 GF per game

DET : 3.11 GA per game
NYI : 2.71 GA per game

This is the tale of the tape. I think Detroit wins this one 3-2 or 2-1. The NYI are tight defensively and Sorokin is 3-1-1 | .915 SV% | 2.80 GAA.

Reactions: raymond23

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Detroit goaltending has to get back on track. I know the defense hasn't exactly looked like the 2003 Devils but goaltending has probably been the biggest weakness this year. Husso needs to drink his mushroom coffee to improve focus or something.

MUST WIN TO AVOID A SLUMP!

DeBrincat with a statement game. Seider plays up and remembers he can be a physical presence. Walman stops shooting into shin pads. Rasmussen gets a big goal.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
We need a win. I hate calling it a must win in October, but man do we need this one to end the losing streak at 3. Playoff teams don't go on 4+ games losing streaks, so if they're serious about being there in April, time to show up.

If it's true that we're expecting the same lines, I have no idea what Lalonde has been watching. Need to juggle the lines around for sure and need to generate for O-zone time and pressure.

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
We need a win. I hate calling it a must win in October, but man do we need this one to end the losing streak at 3. Playoff teams don't go on 4+ games losing streaks, so if they're serious about being there in April, time to show up.

If it's true that we're expecting the same lines, I have no idea what Lalonde has been watching. Need to juggle the lines around for sure and need to generate for O-zone time and pressure.

Playoff teams go on 4 game skids. Every team does at some point except Boston.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'm not going to check every playoff team last year, but I'd be willing to guess that most playoff teams don't have more than 1 4+ game losing streak per season.

I dunno, the Wings seem to do this every year. We start hot, then week 3 starts and the real identity of the team is seen. We can'T afford to follow up the previous 3 games with a bad effort tonight. Let's see what this team is made of tonight...

I think Sorokin will play well, and we lose 3-1 or something like that, I guess we'll see.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
And if this were in the middle of the season I would 100% agree but this team needs to prove its not the same old song and dance of the past few seasons. The wild inconsistency has sunk this team's playoff hopes after a hot start the past few seasons. The vets on this team need to step up and show why its useful to have them in the lineup over Burgers, Ed, Soderblom, etc. They are supposed to step up and help us get out of skids like this.

Reactions: RedWingzz

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Time to knock this losing streak stuff off and get back to our winning ways! Let's friggin' go, boys!

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Holl the odd man out tonight according to Kulfan

Not that it’s very consequential at all, besides the fact we’re paying him 3x3.4 and it’s 10 games into his first season with us

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Holl the odd man out tonight according to Kulfan

Not that it’s very consequential at all, besides the fact we’re paying him 3x3.4 and it’s 10 games into his first season with us

It's a rotation of Holl - Petry - Maatta for 2 spots, I'm not too worried about it.

Also, sidenote - Berggren sent down to GR yesterday.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Just win the damn game. I don't care if it's 1-0 or 8-6. Find a way to get 2 points.
I concur. Need the two points here. I would like a blowout, but I would also love a gritty 3-2 win where the boys felt like they needed to earn/out hustle the opposition to create the win.

Our win's so far this season were somewhat easy (by all things considered). The Seattle game showed we could battle back from adversity, but last two games came out flat. Gritty win would do a lot of good for the team, more than a blowout win.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
I don't know why Copp and Compher on the same line was ever a thing... but can we stop it being a thing?
I've been a broken record with this statement, but I'd like them to go back to Fabs-Comp-Sprong when he returns, they showed offensive pop when they were together, and we need someone scoring besides Veleno and the top line. At this point, what is stopping them from trying Copp on the fourth

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Yeah this needs to be a statement game to show which is the real team we’ve seen this year.

We’ve seen hot starts before but what we saw this season felt different, would love the team to prove that it was.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I'm honestly not trying to poo-poo this team, because I like where they're at overall, I think they're continuing to improve, and the future is bright, but....

That hot start to the season really seemed to skew expectations a bit. They overachieved, it was fun, but that regression is here, all up in our face now. Average goaltending, suspect defense, complete lack of scoring depth.... Still better than last year, but this roster had a ways to go yet.

Tonight seems like a toss-up. A very beatable Islanders team, but a Wings team that lacks scoring consistency and has been sliding. Like most nights, gonna need our top players to perform in order to win.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm not going to check every playoff team last year, but I'd be willing to guess that most playoff teams don't have more than 1 4+ game losing streak per season.

I dunno, the Wings seem to do this every year. We start hot, then week 3 starts and the real identity of the team is seen. We can'T afford to follow up the previous 3 games with a bad effort tonight. Let's see what this team is made of tonight...

I think Sorokin will play well, and we lose 3-1 or something like that, I guess we'll see.

The wings have also not been realgud in recent years. Even when starting out with wins they were winning 3-2 while being outshot 25-40. This season has been better.

Also, that Seattle game was number one bullshit. We were robbed of two points by officials and I refuse to acknowledge that one. It’s only been 2 games where Detroit has been shit. The boys know what they need to do so I’m confident that Detroit comes out strong tonight.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Holl the odd man out tonight according to Kulfan, not that it’s very consequential at all
besides the fact we’re paying him 3x3.4 and it’s 10 games into his first season with us
Could've just ended the post there.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The wings have also not been realgud in recent years. Even when starting out with wins they were winning 3-2 while being outshot 25-40. This season has been better.

Also, that Seattle game was number one bullshit. We were robbed of two points by officials and I refuse to acknowledge that one. It’s only been 2 games where Detroit has been shit. The boys know what they need to do so I’m confident that Detroit comes out strong tonight.
scoring with 4 seconds left in OT is just the straw that broke the camels back. That one sucks hard. We probably could have gotten that extra point in the shootout.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad