Post-Game Talk: Game 10: 11/1 - Anaheim Ducks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 4-3 in OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This game score card lol

Why am I not believing these recent stat cards. Terry gets a hat trick and an assist, but his GF is 0.92?! Mac and LaCombe on the ice for the GWG and it doesn't shift the stat card.

As for Fowler and LaCombe, it wasn't all on Fowler and LaCombe on two goals. The first one, the fourth line lost their assignment (despite LaCombe not pushing the puck deeper, but did get it out of the zone). The 2nd one was a forward who didn't stay with Cooley b/c both LaCombe and Fowler were right next to their assignments. Because LaCombe's fast, he was able to barely catch up to Cooley and LaCombe gets the blame. LaCombe's made mistakes in this game, but I don't think that was one of them.

For these stat cards, I'm noticing they aren't doing a great job when Anaheim ramps a comeback to alter the scorecard. Yeah, we played not so great, but we settled in after a wicked first period.

Reactions: branmuffin17

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Leo got better as the game went on, those two plays in OT, and the tying goal made up for his rough Start. He is only 18 yo, not going to look great every single game, but he helped them win tonight.
I totally agree. At his age he’s going to have games like this. However, he was 1 for 14 (not a typo) on draws and had some horrible turnovers. And maybe he gets credit for that goal but it was more luck than anything. Puck went in off him.

I love the kid, and he’s going to be incredible for us for a long time, but tonight was not his night.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I totally agree. At his age he’s going to have games like this. However, he was 1 for 14 (not a typo) on draws and had some horrible turnovers. And maybe he gets credit for that goal but it was more luck than anything. Puck went in off him.

I love the kid, and he’s going to be incredible for us for a long time, but tonight was not his night.
As he gets stronger and faster and more games under his belt. These types of games won’t happen often.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Another crazy entertaining game. Wife likes the ducks, but the last couple years she's got her head in her phone for most of the game. This season, phone is on table and she's totally engaged... as am I. Keep this fun shot going.

Great to see Terry arrive tonight.
Love Dostal, minty, vatman. McT and Macombe.

Leo sis ok, but last 2 games he's been less visible.
Still a little worried about Z

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Hopefully he becomes available when we hit a bit of a wall. Who would be sitting out for him, Ross?
I think that’s probably a fair assumption. His whole line has been exactly what we need them to be, but someone has to be pushed out of the lineup.

I would have said Silfverberg but he’s looked good the last couple games. Might just come down to who’s playing well and what team were up against.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
As he gets stronger and faster and more games under his belt. These types of games won’t happen often.
Ya it makes me think there might be something to this load management stuff. He looked tired and was slow to make decisions with the puck, especially early in the game.

If games like this became more of the norm for him I think we’d be talking about sending him back to the SHL, but he’s been great up until tonight.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Two way to lessen Fowler's minutes:
1) Fowler needs to change around the 45 second mark, but he doesn't a few times. He did that on the PP and nearly cost us a goal.

2) Cronin can put the LaCombe-Gudas pairing out as the first PK unit instead of the Fowler-Lyubushkin pair.
I don't think he's so outstanding on the PK that he needs to be a fixture. Vaaks or Minty could take a few of his PK shifts.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Ya it makes me think there might be something to this load management stuff. He looked tired and was slow to make decisions with the puck, especially early in the game.

If games like this became more of the norm for him I think we’d be talking about sending him back to the SHL, but he’s been great up until tonight.
Im on board with this load management plan tbh

Last edited:

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Why am I not believing these recent stat cards. Terry gets a hat trick and an assist, but his GF is 0.92?! Mac and LaCombe on the ice for the GWG and it doesn't shift the stat card.

As for Fowler and LaCombe, it wasn't all on Fowler and LaCombe on two goals. The first one, the fourth line lost their assignment (despite LaCombe not pushing the puck deeper, but did get it out of the zone). The 2nd one was a forward who didn't stay with Cooley b/c both LaCombe and Fowler were right next to their assignments. Because LaCombe's fast, he was able to barely catch up to Cooley and LaCombe gets the blame. LaCombe's made mistakes in this game, but I don't think that was one of them.

For these stat cards, I'm noticing they aren't doing a great job when Anaheim ramps a comeback to alter the scorecard. Yeah, we played not so great, but we settled in after a wicked first period.
Yeah, I generally just use them as a barometer for how we played overall. This is definitely the most lopsided one I've seen this year for our games.

I felt we were definitely outplayed for most of this game and were pretty lucky to come away with points at all, let alone a win. But maybe not to the point where 15 of the 17 top game scores are ARI players lol.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't think he's so outstanding on the PK that he needs to be a fixture. Vaaks or Minty could take a few of his PK shifts.

Fowler's a fixture b/c he's a veteran with speed. That's not my take on Fowler, but this early in the season, we're still trying to figure things out. I think because Stother's is still around, new defensive coach Thomson is relying on Stother's input. Stothers doesn't know much about Lyubushkin, Gudas, LaCombe, or Minchy. I don't think Vaaks was ever used on the PK during Stother's time b/c Vaaks was oft injured to participate on the PK group to win that trust.

With Vaaks emergence, I wouldn't mind him replacing Fowler.

PK1: LaCombe-Lyubushkin
PK2: Vaaks-Gudas (which is our 3rd pairing D)

I think reserving Minchy's energy for the PP and ES play for a 19-year old is probably the prudent thing to do. He'll still get around 19-20 minutes a game without being on the PK.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Yeah, I generally just use them as a barometer for how we played overall. This is definitely the most lopsided one I've seen this year for our games.

I felt we were definitely outplayed for most of this game and were pretty lucky to come away with points at all, let alone a win. But maybe not to the point where 15 of the 17 top game scores are ARI players lol.
With being so much more structured defensively it never feels like we’re getting caved in like past years. Maybe they had a few more chances but I didn’t feel like it was lopsided.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

A possibility is stat card is impatient to get the card out as soon as the game is done that they cannot collect complete information from their sources in the third period and OT. I recall one OT win that they didn't record the GWG goal and two assists for the GWG for the Ducks. Stat card pulls their info from two sources: hockey viz and stat trick, iirc.

Reactions: Reveille1984

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
:monkey: With a bazooka, Game 10

Hold Arizona to less than half the goals they scored vs The Chicago Bedard - :m-laugh:

Top line >30% on faceoffs - 1/14, 7%. Woof. :m-hissyfit:

Ducks have more PP than PK 5-5 :m-tongue:

1+ fight - :m-laugh: FRANK!

Ducks have 35+ shots - :m-hissyfit:

Top line has >= 1 point combined - :m-laugh:

Bonus :m-cool:

Calder kids 2+ combined points - :m-cool:

Frank with assist >= goals - Frank with 1/3 of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, good enough :m-cool:

Individual poster with the most imaginative use of a gif gets personal recognition by being given a virtual GDT chimpanzee with a bazooka.
IMG_4856.gif

3/6 :m-laugh: +:m-cool::m-cool: =5/6, that’s a win even a turtle would endorse!

:m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance::m-dance:

Individual poster with the most imaginative use of a gif gets personal recognition by being given a virtual GDT chimpanzee with a bazooka.
IMG_4837.jpeg

It has style. It has Grace. It has…a monkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad