GDT: Game #1: Sharks @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
The Blues are 2-0 since my girlfriend was induced with our first child. This summer has started off amazingly!

Congratulations, but a part of me despises the, IMO, unnecessary process of induction.

That being said, being shown hard evidence for its necessity among the general populace could obviously change my mind.

Apologies in advance for being such an ass.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Congrats!

Thanks! I just about feinted during the actual birth part. I waited way too long before eating anything and my legs kinda gave out on me lol.

Congratulations, but a part of me despises the, IMO, unnecessary process of induction.

That being said, being shown hard evidence for its necessity among the general populace could obviously change my mind.

Apologies in advance for being such an ass.
Yeah the induction was almost a 24 hour process before suddenly I'm holding a child. The baby cries almost nonstop but I still love her haha

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Thanks! I just about feinted during the actual birth part. I waited way too long before eating anything and my legs kinda gave out on me lol.

Yea it's crazy, you think your ready till its actually happening. I dropped the scissors when they wanted me to cut the cord lol.

We just found out were having our 1st girl(she's my Blues good luck charm lol).

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Yea it's crazy, you think your ready till its actually happening. I dropped the scissors when they wanted me to cut the cord lol.

They had additional nurses come in and practically hold me up so I could cut it lol. Also congrats on the girl! I've never really liked newborns until having my own lol

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
What was the deal with the linesman? Every time we won a faceoff in the second and third periods they called it back for dropped unfairly......what the hell?

Also, congrats!

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
They had additional nurses come in and practically hold me up so I could cut it lol. Also congrats on the girl! I've never really liked newborns until having my own lol

Thanks, wait till your up making bottles before you even realize your awake.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Blues didn't get outplayed. Nor did they turtle. 2nd period was ugly - San Jose being a forechecking possession team like Chicago (with more size) is daunting with the long change. It seems whomever gets ice tilted early will keep it tilted throughout the period. We need hot starts and grind the second period out.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
That wasn't a good enough effort, aside from Elliott playing better than Jones. The 3rd period was encouraging. I really liked Hitchcock's post game comments. I think the Blues kind of stole one where they had a bit of a Game 7 hangover. I'll be surprised if the Blues don't look better next game.

Wow, post game comments from Pavelski and Burns and both guys are kind of mumbling and don't have articulate answers. If the Blues can outplay them like that 3rd period, I think Elliott will get into their heads.

Elliott was playing deeper in the crease most of the game. He's adjusted his style to take away the cross ice passing chances. I was a little surprised to see that, but it works.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Another metal fan. You're fine by me.

A little late of a reply to your post, but hell yeah! :laugh:

:yo::yo::yo:

Quite a few metal heads on the Oiler board, unfortunately our DJ loves to play mostly garbage. Love to see that you guys came out to Metallica. :thumbu:

Was a great game, glad to see the Blues have the mental fortitude to survive the Sharks frantic attack. Should be good for the psyche of your team. Hope you keep stomping those punks.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
A good sign that we didn't play our best and still won. Here's hoping for a much better effort in Game 2.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Was at the game tonight. Three things: 1. Linesmen did a horrible job tonight. 2. We have to hold the record for lost coach's challenges. 3. We really need to work on getting our heads back into the game right after we score. We have given a goal up with in seconds of us getting one numerous times this season.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Who else is ordering show time lol gonna be interesting to see the behind the scences dynamic of this blues team and next year we get HBO road to the winter classic! We get to know this team better than any blues team before.

What's on Showtime? Nevermind I just saw it, starts May 20th :yo:

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

Congrats brother!

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Well I for one thought it was a great game, and while the boys can definitely play better they still played a good game. Frank played a lot better, he keeps that up his ice time should increase. Elliott played a fantastic game tonight, I was at work but still managed to watch almost every minute of the game.

Lets keep it going boys!

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
Saw these two posts on the Sharks page. I don't comment on other pages, especially if we are playing them, but I went to read what they thought of the game.
Is this true? Do we really get away with things often? I was thinking we were getting bad calls. Maybe it's a psychological thing. You're watching the other team get away with things, but ignore your team? Plus it's the playoffs, so things will be let go as series' go on. Maybe all fans look at other teams and say they get away and teams that are in the spotlight get picked on more. I even say oh my god how do they not call that and then serious we get called for THAT??
I don't know how our team is "bad" for hockey. We play a hard old school gritty game. Ain't nothin wrong with dat.

Hey Sharks fans. I didn't watch the game, but can someone tell me if the Blues got away with as much uncalled interference/holding as they usually do?

I am not one to complain about refs much, honestly. But with the Blues, it is completely ridiculous how much that team gets away with. It was apparent ALL throughout the series with the Blackhawks, and also in every game I watched of the Blues against Dallas.
The blues are bad for hockey. Hitchcock hockey needs to die.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The vast majority of the GDTs I read through (including the ones on this forum) have fans that think their team is getting screwed in some way by the refs, that the other team is getting away with too much/plays dirty, etc.

It's more prevalent when a team is losing, but hardly exclusive to that condition. Every fanbase does it.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
1484gh.jpg

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box

Be the perpetual smart aleck...I asked if they really wanted the nervous guy ready to puke holding the scissors? I mean...I'll do it, but I think you need to knock $1000 of the bill....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad