Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
From the main boards.

FCAuzeF.jpg

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Anyone still think Sam Bennett will ever see a minute of AHL time after last night?

Not a chance. He wasn't even going to see OHL time again had he not had that nagging shoulder injury.

We probably got the highest caliber forward at the draft last year, and he plays the game the right way to succeed at a high level.

It's pretty awesome having more than one scoring threat line!

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Only watched the first period too late on the east coast but it was a slow start for the first 10 minutes and they got better as the game went on.

Calgary looked like the younger/faster team from those highlights in the 3rd period.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Awesome to hear that Treliving went to the dressing room and congratulated Bennett with a hug. Shows how much he cares for our players, and only bodes well for our future with him

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
At this point id probably swap Colborne for Raymond if anything, but at least Colborne does some useful things when he isn't scoring.

Don't really see where Raymond fits on this team honestly :/

I wouldn't even consider swapping Raymond for Colborne.

Bennett is seriously taking Raymond's spot on the team next year. Management is going to have to look to move Raymond because he is slowly losing his spot on the team.

GingersRULE

Jun 11, 2011
Canucks fan I come in peace..cant help but root for you guys since I'm anti Oilers..you guys have done a hell of a job with the rebuild..I respect teams who cant properly develop there youngs guys and not tank for first draft place every year..going to be a hell of series..

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
At this point id probably swap Colborne for Raymond if anything, but at least Colborne does some useful things when he isn't scoring.

Don't really see where Raymond fits on this team honestly :/

You can't remove Colborne after this shift for the ages last night. Yes it was about the only useful thing he did last night but it directly resulted in the game winning goal by Russell.

Raymond hasn't done anything to deserve a spot over anyone in the lineup.

dcookson

Aug 20, 2014
Canucks fan I come in peace..cant help but root for you guys since I'm anti Oilers..you guys have done a hell of a job with the rebuild..I respect teams who cant properly develop there youngs guys and not tank for first draft place every year..going to be a hell of series..

Not usually much of a fan of Mark Spector but did anyone read his article on Sportsnet this morning. Love how he was able to comment on the Bennett's game and still get a little dig in at the Oilers

“It was everything that I dreamed it could be. It was so much fun out there, so fast. To get the win in our first playoff game? It felt amazing,†said the No. 4 overall pick from a year ago. He already has one more playoff game under his belt than every player drafted by the Edmonton Oilers since their rebuild began.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You can't remove Colborne after this shift for the ages last night. Yes it was about the only useful thing he did last night but it directly resulted in the game winning goal by Russell.

Raymond hasn't done anything to deserve a spot over anyone in the lineup.

I think Colborne had a great game. Physical, tough to move... Just a handful. He's a guy kind of built for the playoffs, especially when he turns up the physicality.

If he played like this every game, we'd have a really nice piece.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Alright guys, let's move it on over to the series discussion thread. I'll move a bunch of posts back over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad