GDT: Game 1: Ducks @ Canucks GDT pt II: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I don't recall a game thread on our forum closed because it reached the limit... :amazed:

It's just one game folks, we have time to hit reality. Anaheim showed some flaws too last night, especially in the first period.
I prefer to live it game by game...

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I don't recall a game thread on our forum closed because it reached the limit... :amazed:

It's just one game folks, we have time to hit reality. Anaheim showed some flaws too last night, especially in the first period.
I prefer to live it game by game...

I prefer to look towards our 48-0 season.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
So I just watched the game and here's what I thought:

Hiller looked very good. The screen goals are worrisome but it's nice to know that every shot he saw, he stopped.

The third line was simply awesome. Not just the goals, but the chemistry they had for the first game together was sick. Koivu just looked great. He played more of a grinder role and it seemed to make him thrive. Cogliano was a different player. I didn't like the look of that line at first because I didn't think it'd be physical enough but I loved the way they played. Cogs used his speed well and found a nitch as a player who is not supposed to be 100% offensive. He was being physical. Where the **** did that come from? Winnik is a bruiser and keeps his game simple. Really hope that chemistry stays there.

Top line was great. As many already said Getz was simply beast. Palmieri as well. Perry was rusty but I'm not worried. Feisty as usual. Getz could have easily had a 5 point night.

I think the 2nd line is getting a little too much crap. Ryan fed someone (can't remember who) that should have been an easy goal. They also showed some signs of life. Despite my dislike of Bones on that line, I really hope BB gives them a few games.

I disagree with most of you about the 4th line. I thought they were all very bad. Yeah they had a few chances but that was pretty much all in the third when Vancover was not being responsible defensively and trying to get back in the game. Rakkel will be a good one but he's not ready. I am going to be pissed if he stays more than 5 games.

Souray was exactly what i expected, solid. His passing is better than i expected though.

Hendry and Geunin should switch places after that performance.

I thought allen was very subpar but ill wait to judge him until I see him with not crappy ass Hendry.

Sbisa was by far the worst player for us. God WTf was that?

I don't think we dominated near as much as the score indicated. But we were better team. Hiller just played very good and their goalies didn't.

I am still worried about the transition of the team though. Still great opening win.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't think DSP was particularly good. I don't remember Beleskey's performance as either good or bad, but he seemed to bring some energy. And Rakell definitely exceeded my expectations, he had nice composure and even had a couple good chances.

Only time will tell if they'll continue to be a serviceable line. However, I absolutely want to see Holland get a chance in place of DSP's roster spot. He's been Norfolk's best forward and supposedly had a very strong camp, which seems to be the complete opposite of Devo.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don't think DSP was particularly good. I don't remember Beleskey's performance as either good or bad, but he seemed to bring some energy. And Rakell definitely exceeded my expectations, he had nice composure and even had a couple good chances.

Only time will tell if they'll continue to be a serviceable line. However, I absolutely want to see Holland get a chance in place of DSP's roster spot. He's been Norfolk's best forward and supposedly had a very strong camp, which seems to be the complete opposite of Devo.

Completely agree with your assessments. Nice post

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd also like to add, that I'm pretty happy that Souray is a Duck. Don't really like that Murray gave him 3 years, but it's nice to have a guy that actually wants to be here (At least it seems like Souray is pretty pumped to be playing for his home team)

Ducksgo*

I'd also like to add, that I'm pretty happy that Souray is a Duck. Don't really like that Murray gave him 3 years, but it's nice to have a guy that actually wants to be here (At least it seems like Souray is pretty pumped to be playing for his home team)

He has a rocket of a shot and I don't regret the 3 years. We need a bomb off the point that Fowler can't do.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think that shot will be a big help to the PP. Last year we missed that a lot because of Lubo's bad shoulder(s).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think that shot will be a big help to the PP. Last year we missed that a lot because of Lubo's bad shoulder.

We have so many weapons on our first PP unit... embarrassment of riches.

Our 2nd PP unit should be better this season too, it will be interesting to see what we do for the 2nd pp unit, not postivie but did the 2nd unit even see time yesterday?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I can't remember, did the second power play unit hit the ice last night? I'm sure they had to, but it seemed like we scored fast goals on most of those opportunities.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm sorry, but why was last night's game so definitive? If he's still at the level he was last night, he'll head back to Plymouth, but it was also his first pro game.

It's not completely definitive but do you think that his level is going to raise that much in 4 games? I mean I imagine he will improve but I guess I don't believe he will improve enough to completely justify burning a year off his ELC.

Does the 5 rule count towards first 5 games period or games played? For example what if Holland plays next game and Rakkel sits? How many games does he have left? 3 or 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad