PGT: Game 1: Czech Republic 2 - Switzerland 1 (OT)

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
You so sure about that pal ? There was nothing to celebrate for the Czechs, unacceptable effort - they all know very well how the Swiss play and still they come out with no concentration, they're lazy and make sloppy plays - the 3rd period was by far the worst hockey i've seen a team play this season ...
I could have said that better.. of course playing for his team and all, but I think the pressure is getting to him as he went pointless. If he scored a couple points and still won the game on overtime, I’d bet that he’d been happier for sure.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
They have that one player who is a regular in the KHL. That alone would probably be an upgrade on our core.

I swear to god it felt like EVERY Swiss chance was a Grade A scoring one... They could send in 1 Swiss guy in a 1 on 5 and it'd somehow end up as a breakaway or a 2 on none breakaway. Our D is special... can we give our elite Striker Zadina one of our 2 elite passers? Can we bring in Salda? Jenik? Lauko to line 2 or 1? To me we have a Top 5 of Necas, Zadina, Kaut, Kondelike and Lauko... this part is simple.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
What exactly should one do after a game like that? If you celebrate you are told you shouldn't because there is nothing to celebrate after a performance like that. If you don't then you're labeled as a player lacking team spirit..

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Anyways... I thought Zadina was great, Lauko was amazing, Kaut looked good, Necas looked good also most of the time. I’d say the core of the team looks solid, but the 3rd and the 4th line can really set you guys back.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Crazy people actually try to bash on Zadina even after he plays a good game. People will always try and find something negative to say like talking about his “ego” :help:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
That was a poor play in the end by Eggenberger. You should never give up the puck so easily in a 3-on-3.

That said, the physically and skillwise more mature and talented team found the space to show its advantages in OT.

So congrats to the Czechs for a hard-fought win!

Indeed, I thought the same. Also bad communications with Le Coultre going for a change. Either go on attack together or do a full change. But yeah, that was a lot better than I expected and a lot better than the first period looked. Actually Switzerland was better for two periods. Great game by Hollenstein also, I'd try Schmid tomorrow and keep Hollenstein hot for Denmark. The D-corpse is really looking good and I actually don't know who I'd replace with Geisser.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Every single one of his teammates celebrate, don’t you think that he is overthinking the pointless night that he had? I do...

He doesn't have to do what everyone else does if he feels differently. But seems to me we are just making a big deal out of nothing.

Reactions: Swipes

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Czech really needs to sort out their defense, it shouldn't be this bad. And maybe get back to the old forward lines.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Crazy people actually try to bash on Zadina even after he plays a good game. People will always try and find something negative to say like talking about his “ego” :help:

Its just one guy and he is basing it on an angry look after his team played like shit... perks of the internet era I guess

Reactions: Christien

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The Czechs are going to be disappointing for the effort and rightfully so, it was not a great showing; the Swiss will also be leaving frustrated, the extra point there would have been huge for them

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
This Czech defense is possibly the worst I have ever seen. Play like this against Canada and you get destroyed 0:10 or something.
The only positives from this game are Dostal, finally a goalie who is capable of keeping his team in it, and Zadina, who unfortunately got bad support on his line and had to it all alone.
Haha probably. I did like Galvas though. Kral wasn’t too too bad.
You have to admit that our PK was great.
Definitively some positives to take from the game.
There were definitely some bad calls in that game and some stupid penalties on our guys. You take away half of those and it’s a way different game. Like 5 on 5 Swiss had no idea what to do 1st and 2nd periods. It was power play for Czechs basically.
With the game going to the 3rd 1-1 then Swiss got some momentum and showed it. This happens.
I think Czechs will get better.
Zadina needs to be on a better line. That was a HUGE mistake by coaching staff. He is all alone.
So....
Stack top 2 lines. Necas with Zadina.
Switch 3rd and 4th lines.(I thought 4th line was awesome today).
Go from there

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Haha probably. I did like Galvas though. Kral wasn’t too too bad.
You have to admit that our PK was great.
Definitively some positives to take from the game.
There were definitely some bad calls in that game and some stupid penalties on our guys. You take away half of those and it’s a way different game. Like 5 on 5 Swiss had no idea what to do 1st and 2nd periods. It was power play for Czechs basically.
With the game going to the 3rd 1-1 then Swiss got some momentum and showed it. This happens.
I think Czechs will get better.
Zadina needs to be on a better line. That was a HUGE mistake by coaching staff. He is all alone.
So....
Stack top 2 lines. Necas with Zadina.
Switch 3rd and 4th lines.(I thought 4th line was awesome today).
Go from there
Disagree. Czech PK looked ok, but they barely got the puck out of the zone. PP was awful.
We might have had 5v5 advantage in first two periods, but I don't recall any prime chances. Just a terrible effort all around, funnily enough one of the few players that showed up was Zadina who got killed by the coach.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Disagree. Czech PK looked ok, but they barely got the puck out of the zone. PP was awful.
We might have had 5v5 advantage in first two periods, but I don't recall any prime chances. Just a terrible effort all around, funnily enough one of the few players that showed up was Zadina who got killed by the coach.
I’ll agree. But Necas was amazing too. Kondelik impressed me. Lauko was ok and yes, Zadina was killed by coach. No wonder he was really upset at end of the game.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Did anyone spot Zadina’s reaction to the winning goal. Everyone else celebrated and he just stood there and didn’t even smile.

Playing for his own points only possibly...

No, not at all. Why is it that there always has to be an agenda behind everything? It really stuck out that he was really disappointed for his teams or his own performance while every single other player celebrated.

Just sticks out for me I don’t know about you guys...

I could have said that better.. of course playing for his team and all, but I think the pressure is getting to him as he went pointless. If he scored a couple points and still won the game on overtime, I’d bet that he’d been happier for sure.

Every time you post you reach new heights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad