PGT: Game 1: Czech Republic 2 - Switzerland 1 (OT)

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
WJC-1.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Czech Republic
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Lukas Dostal (G)
Jiri Patera (G)
Jakub Skarek (G)

Defensemen:
Daniel Bukac (D)
Jakub Galvas (D)
Michael Gaspar (D)
Filip Král (D)
David Kvasnicka (D)
Dalimil Mikyska (D)

Forwards:
Jan Hladonik (C)
Krystof Hrabik (C)
Martin Kaut (RW)
Jan Kern (LW)
Jáchym Kondelík (C)
Jakub Lauko (C/LW)
Ondrej Machala (F)
Martin Necas (C/RW)
Matej Pekar (C)
Karel Plasek (LW/RW)
Jakub Pour (RW)
Filip Zadina (LW/RW)

2 Roster Spots Available - Still In Camp
Radim Salda (D)
Matyas Zelingr (D)
Petr Cajka (C/W)

full

Switzerland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Luca Hollenstein (G)
Akira Schmid (G)
Gianluca Zaetta (G)

Defensemen:
David Aebischer (D)
Davyd Barandun (D)
Tim Berni (D)
Nico Gross (D)
Simon Le Coultre (D)
Janis Jérôme Moser (D)

Forwards:
Yannick Brüschweiler (LW)
Nando Eggenberger (LW/RW)
Jeremi Gerber (RW)
Philipp Kurashev (C)
Marco Lehmann (C)
Sven Leuenberger (C/RW)
Nicolas Müller (C/RW)
Valentin Nussbaumer (C/W)
Sandro Schmid (C/RW)
Justin Sigrist (C/LW)
Ramon Tanner (C)
Matthew Verboon (RW/C)

2 Roster Spots Available - Still In Camp
Gianluca Burger (D)
Tobias Geisser (D)
Luca Wyss (LW)

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Last edited:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
We always seem to struggle with games we should win, and the Swiss are never easy to play against. I expect a slow start followed by taking control of the game and getting the win by a goal or two. I haven't really seen this team play this year, so I'm interested to see how bad the defense really is and what level of depth we have outside of Zadina, Necas and Kaut.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
chechs win this 4-2. i believe in Chechz since Swedes will have an off year. checks end bronze . Hope i can watch Checks this year

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Czechs have a solid team this year. Swiss have some good players but it won't be enough. Czechs 4-0

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Thinking Czechs will win with 7-0 is just arrogant. This Swiss team is good, they lost 3-5 against Canada in pregames. Czechs lost 2-6 against USA. Czech team is overrated.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
My (not so) bold prediction: Skarek starts the game for the Czechs and lets in two peewee-level goals, gets pulled just to never the ice again. Game eventually goes to overtime at 3:3, in which one of Zadina or Necas tips it in Czechs favor.
Thinking Czechs will win with 7-0 is just arrogant. This Swiss team is good, they lost 3-5 against Canada in pregames. Czechs lost 2-6 against USA. Czech team is overrated.
Your two game sample size changed my mind, you are right. This Czech team blows, might as well just put them in the relegation round right away. Who could stand a chance against the mighty Swiss?

king89

Dec 4, 2018
My (not so) bold prediction: Skarek starts the game for the Czechs and lets in two peewee-level goals, gets pulled just to never the ice again. Game eventually goes to overtime at 3:3, in which one of Zadina or Necas tips it in Czechs favor.

Your two game sample size changed my mind, you are right. This Czech team blows, might as well just put them in the relegation round right away. Who could stand a chance against the mighty Swiss?
You now what i mean, i don't think any team will win with 7-0 against Swiss. Swiss will probably end fourth, but they aint so bad that Czech can win with 7-0. Like come on. Some people here thinks Czechs team is the best on the planet.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I agree that 7-0 will not happen, but pre-tournament games are a terrible gauge of a teams ability. This has been proven year after year.
I remember Sweden a few years back when they had William nylander. The team was stacked but got destroyed by USA (8-3 or something) and others in pre-tourney.
They went on to the Gold medal final that year.
With that being said, I see Switzerland being really dangerous. But without any really game breaking players, it would take a lot of lucky bounces or a very poor goaltending performance from Skarek.
Czechs win by 1 or 2.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
You now what i mean, i don't think any team will win with 7-0 against Swiss. Swiss will probably end fourth, but they aint so bad that Czech can win with 7-0. Like come on. Some people here thinks Czechs team is the best on the planet.

7-0, I'd be very surprised if it were that easy. Lets just hope for an entertaining game!

king89

Dec 4, 2018
I agree that 7-0 will not happen, but pre-tournament games are a terrible gauge of a teams ability. This has been proven year after year.
I remember Sweden a few years back when they had William nylander. The team was stacked but got destroyed by USA (8-3 or something) and others in pre-tourney.
They went on to the Gold medal final that year.
With that being said, I see Switzerland being really dangerous. But without any really game breaking players, it would take a lot of lucky bounces or a very poor goaltending performance from Skarek.
Czechs win by 1 or 2.
Yeah everything can happen in pre-tournament games. Sometimes the games speaks the truth and the other time it fools you.
I also think Czech will win but it will be tight, depends on how Zadina,Necas and Kaut performs.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1-0 Czechs in a very tight game that will give me fits! I've marked this on the calendar as our most important game of the Round Robin.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad