GDT: Game 1 | Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 10/6 7PM

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
PLD is so good at retrieving the puck and then getting it to a team mate. Absolutely relentless forechecker.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Bob was good, there were at least two shots that should have scored for the Iles... He was sharp, he loves C-bus and must relax in the playoffs...... Great post interview too...

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
So psyched with this team. The team seems to encourage each other to play at full speed. So nice to see a plan coming together. Granted there's a long way to go, but it is going to be a fun season.

Reactions: CBJFan827

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wow !!! Such skill, such speed and they are the youngest team in the NHL. Jarmo, I bow to you. You are constructing a monster that will dominate the NHL.

One of the guys who was a season ticket holder next to me from the very beginning. grabbed me and said, "Can you believe this?" I said, "no this is beyond anything I could have hoped for". This is going to be an amazing team.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
btw, anyone league-wide who said Panarin wouldn't be the same without Kane is dead wrong. Backchecked well, created offense damn near every shift, neutral zone play was good. Saad may have had the hat trick last night, but man....

Reactions: hardkorejackets

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That was a really fun game to go to. Great game, we controlled most of it. I don't count the third because it was a runaway.

Everyone was good. Aside from the 4th line. They looked overmatched. But we have Anderson on the way so that should help.

Very very impressed with Panarin's defensive play and effort.

Anderson didn’t sign because the deal was great. He signed because there is some serious competition behind him and gaining fast.

Like who? Zac Dalpe?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
As a Sonny Milano fan, I thank Blue Jackets for an excellent development work with him, he looks like real powerfull winger now who crahses the net, can take and give punishment and a beutiful hair, what shampoo is he using?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Been a crazy night...
so glad I was able to witness that greatness in person.

Few random thoughts/player analysis...

- crazy stat: every single player except Foligno and Carlsson registered a shot on goal. Depthhhhh.

Although either failed to register a point, I thought the Savard-JJ pairing was tremendous. Both defended beautifully tonight.

Thought the Werenski-Jones pairing started off slow but got going once CBJ got on the PP. Z’s shot was a beauty. Cizikas wanted no part in blocking it.

BTW, pleaaaaaase go back and watch the PLD goal... the play Jones makes to keep the puck in the zone is insane. Such a good play.

PLD is strong. That might be an understatement. Goodness. His puck possession game is verrrry good.

I will be a little critique and say this.. the fourth line started the game well but ended poorly. I thought Dalpe looked fine. Hannikainen and sedlak had some pretty bad turnovers.

The only other critique that I would say is, I thought Bjork was meh. His assist on Milano’s goal was a thing of beauty but aside from that, he really didn’t ‘wow’ me. Him and Foligno both. I know, I’m being harsh considering how well we played overall but hey.. always room for improvement even in a 5-0 blowout.

Felt bad for Greiss at times.. at least two of the goals, he was hung out to dry by his defense. De Haan and Seidenberg in general had an extremely brutal game. At times, the Isles D looked extremely not interested even when they were only down 2-0. Halak was stellar though. I don’t really see why he isn’t their starter moving forward.

Okay, I’m done! CBJ!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This team is going to be scary this year . Pretty sure 2 players have tried to hit PLD, and bounced off him . Panarin is a meistro , the passes he makes on the power play, and the positions he puts himself in , is a site to behold.
I think what impressed me was Milano doing that. How many times did they mention someone bouncing off Milano or him sidestepping checks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad