Pre-Game Talk: Game 1: Bruins @ Sens April 12. 7 p.m. PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The hate Bob Cole gets from this fan base is silly. I know it was really bad back in the Leafs - Sens days but he's still one of the best in the business at 80+. I don't think that he holds any grudges against this current Sens squad. He's my #1 choice of any of the SN pxp guys by a huge margin.

His voice annoys me.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
The hate Bob Cole gets from this fan base is silly. I know it was really bad back in the Leafs - Sens days but he's still one of the best in the business at 80+. I don't think that he holds any grudges against this current Sens squad. He's my #1 choice of any of the SN pxp guys by a huge margin.

Yeah except for the fact
  • He can't keep up with the play
  • He constantly gets names wrong
  • Goalies become "The goalie" because he cant remember their name
  • He calls players "Number xx" because he cant remember their name
  • He is a blatant homer who's level of excitement is extremely biased
  • He constantly gets the calls wrong

Otherwise, yep, best in the business.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Anyone here have GCL? I've been living in the Rockies for about a month after living in Ontario for my whole life. Only being able to watch a game a week sucked, but wasn't awful. Now it's the playoffs and I'm dreading my restaurant work hours, and the time difference. Thinking about getting GCL just so I can watch the archived playoff games after work but I have a quick question;

Do the games get archived immediately? Don't really want to spend the 70 dollars, and not get what I want. Thanks in advance.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

He's *still* one of the best in the business?

:lol:

That HAS to be sarcasm.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Anyone here have GCL? I've been living in the Rockies for about a month after living in Ontario for my whole life. Only being able to watch a game a week sucked, but wasn't awful. Now it's the playoffs and I'm dreading my restaurant work hours, and the time difference. Thinking about getting GCL just so I can watch the archived playoff games after work but I have a quick question;

Do the games get archived immediately? Don't really want to spend the 70 dollars, and not get what I want. Thanks in advance.

Blackouts say the game is availble after 48 hours.

Biggest scam around, blackouts should be illegal.

gmyx

Aug 14, 2008
Sensville
Yeah except for the fact
  • He can't keep up with the play
  • He constantly gets names wrong
  • Goalies become "The goalie" because he cant remember their name
  • He calls players "Number xx" because he cant remember their name
  • He is a blatant homer who's level of excitement is extremely biased
  • He constantly gets the calls wrong

Otherwise, yep, best in the business.

You forgot getting the call wrong:
  • "And they go offside" - actually a 2 minute penalty
  • "That a penalty, yes in..deed....." - not a penalty, just a stoppage in play
  • "They are called for icing..." - was offside
  • And my favorite is the total confusion he gets when there is a whistle away from the play.

Most of the time I am sitting there thinking WTF are you watching?
[/LIST]

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
listened to marek vs. wyshynski podcast and it's disappointing how little respect Ottawa gets.

Basically Sens are in a better position this year because they are getting the saves. That's it according to Marek. Would like to hear your opinion?

Great podcast though. very enjoyable.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Boston are heavy favourites according to the bookies. Only home team to be an underdog

Of course they are. Sens haven't gotten any respect at all this season.

Sens proved everyone wrong this season. Lets hope they prove everyone wrong in the playoffs.

This team won't get any respect until we become a winner.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Who cares about respect from reporters, especially a hack like wyshnyski.
I also don't care about respect from bookies, they are guessing just like anyone else, regardless of their methods

Let's just hope the Bruins are coming in with that same mentality.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Who cares about respect from reports, especially a hack like wyshnyski

Let's just hope the Bruins are coming in with that same mentality.

I don't think they will.

Bruins already know how tough it is to play the Sens. Even Cassidy himself stated how tough it is to play the Sens.

I think it is just the media who lives in fantasy land when they state the Sens will be an easy out.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Have to earn respect.

If we look at it from outsiders perspective then we are a team that can't score and gives up a lot of shots.

Add in terrible PK and PP (especially recent on PK) plus only playoff team with negative goal differential and it is easier to understand how there isn't a lot of faith.

Let's beat the Bruins and then sneak up on whoever we face in the 2nd round.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
listened to marek vs. wyshynski podcast and it's disappointing how little respect Ottawa gets.

Basically Sens are in a better position this year because they are getting the saves. That's it according to Marek. Would like to hear your opinion?

Great podcast though. very enjoyable.

Not the biggest Dean Brown fan but I miss all the times he used to wind Jeff Marek up by making snarky little comments as they would cut to the intermission panel during Sens games. Could see that it genuinely annoyed Marek.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
liwyfe8lxsqy.png

stolen from Reddit user

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
We haven't won a round outside the one against Montreal since the finals. We need to win a lot more before we get outside media to start respecting us.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
That actually worries me. What do they know that we don't? I hate conspiracy theories in sports but its hard not to get the tin foil hat on when it comes to officiating in this league at times.

Boston has been loved by the books all season and Ottawa has been disliked by them (seemingly).

Sens have been huge dogs to the Bruins every game this season.

Bookies must be a fan of analytics.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Boston has been loved by the books all season and Ottawa has been disliked by them (seemingly).

They are and so are the media. In fact, so are most fans too apparently.

I extremely hope the Sens go deep just to **** off the media because of their love for advanced stats.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Boston hasn't made the playoffs in two years.

This "gotta respect da champs" by the media **** is nonsense.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We shouldn't complain about afternoon games. It means we have more hockey to watch all afternoon and all night.

If we want more exposure and a better time slot...then earn it! Win a few damned rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad