Pre-Game Talk: Game 1: Bruins @ Sens April 12. 7 p.m. PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I'm excited for this matchup as a Sens fan.

No Krug/Carlo is great news. The Bruins will struggle to move the puck through Ottawa's system. McAvoy could be huge for the Bruins, though. No NHL experience but he looked great in the WJC.

This will be a physical, heated series. After Game 1, we'll hate Marchand if we already don't. Bruins will hate Boro if they already don't. And of course, they already hate Burrows.

I don't think McAvoy will play much.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Damn it. Seems like we have zero pull when it comes to playing American teams in the playoffs. NBC gets its way every time, even though they barely get the ratings. Who actually wants to sit at home or go to a bar mid-afternoon? It's not so bad for those attending I suppose, but TV ratings in Canada must dip severely.

Also, I hate having three days between game 1 and 2. Double buzz-kill. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes to 6 and that game airs even earlier that sunday. :rant:

I'm not so certain this really has anything to do with NBC getting their way. I'd say it's more to do with Sportsnet/CBC wanting the Leafs game at 7pm and also not wanting two Canadian teams playing at the same time.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Best of luck in the playoffs to all Sens fans.
My team is in tough but I like your chances. At the very least please beat Boston and Montreal (if they make it through). Most likely I'll be cheering for you come 2nd round.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Best of luck in the playoffs to all Sens fans.
My team is in tough but I like your chances. At the very least please beat Boston and Montreal (if they make it through). Most likely I'll be cheering for you come 2nd round.

Fans like you make it that much harder to despise our Ontario cousins.

Good luck against the Caps. At least you guys have nothing to lose!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I kinda like Jack Edwards. Sure he's a huge homer, but he's entertaining as ****.

Better than alot of other garbage announcers out there.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Fans like you make it that much harder to despise our Ontario cousins.

Good luck against the Caps. At least you guys have nothing to lose!

Thanks for the kind words. My mom is a huge Sens fan. Bought her a Karlsson jersey for her birthday last year. I was very disappointed we didn't meet up for the 1st round. We were looking forward to going to a Leafs/Sens playoff games.
I wished the Caps luck (lol like they need it) and now you guys. That's the end of my good wishes. Now it's time for some playoff hockey. After zero Canadian teams last year, this is a good start.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Shocked & delighted that it's a 7:00 pm start on Wednesday.... :sarcasm:

Ya you would be.

:sarcasm:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
you guys like bob cole right?

Since early 2000's could not stand Bob's call especially with his buddy Harry Neale.

Even Ottawa’s mayor Bob Chiarelli got involved in the CBC bashing, calling Bob Cole and Harry Neale “Maple Leaf Homers.†Asked about his alleged bias, Harry responded by saying, “if the telecasts aren’t good enough for Ottawa, they can take a big bite of my ass.â€

Chiarelli has complained publicly that Hockey Night in Canada broadcasters Bob Cole and Harry Neale were Toronto-biased in their coverage of last year's playoff series between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The hate Bob Cole gets from this fan base is silly. I know it was really bad back in the Leafs - Sens days but he's still one of the best in the business at 80+. I don't think that he holds any grudges against this current Sens squad. He's my #1 choice of any of the SN pxp guys by a huge margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad