GDT: Game #1 - 10.09.14 - vs Chicago - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
No matter what happens we can't lose to the Panthers.

For a team that has been as bad as that franchise has been....we sure as hell have struggled against them virtually the entire time they've been around.

I mean really...we've lost 5 of their last 6 games against them. And they've scored 22 goals in their last 4 visits to Dallas.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The Florida panther is an endangered subspecies of cougar (Puma concolor) that lives in forests and swamps of southern Florida in the United States.

That doesn't tell me anything. Is that the team or a cat? Apparently both are in danger ... one of extinction and the other of moving to Seattle or Las Vegas.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
First I was

qtr9wvgsujidg5zri4im.gif

then I checked the calendar
0001.png

:shakehead

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
The good thing about September for me is I get excited for football which keeps the hockey withdrawals at bay at least a bit, but only if all my teams don't suck, and they do. I'm latching onto my high school football team's success. Watched them win at Jerryworld Sat.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Same here, and all my teams suck too

High school is 0-2
College 1-1, coming off a home loss to a directional michigan team and upcoming curb stomping by Notre Dame
NFL is 0-1, well you guys know what happened.

Our first preseason game cannot come soon enough.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Stars couldn't ask for a better opening to capture DFW's heart than right now. The opportunity is there for the taking with everyone else mired in mediocrity or worse.

Brand New Stars

Well the Mavs should be really good as well. I actually view them as title contenders if Chandler is healthy all year.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Lots of people care about the Mavs, and both of them being good is great for both organizations. They don't interfere with one another for ticket sales.

I don't care for basketball, but the Mavs playing well is good for the Stars. It was nice having both back in the playoffs. The more playoff games at the AAC the better.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I like the Mavs

and I live in ****ing Canada

Why?

Whenever I tell people around here that I like the Stars, they all automatically assume I'm a Cowboys, Mavs and Rangers fan as well - and yes, I know the Rangers are in Arlington not Dallas.

I'm all over the map when it comes to pro sports, though. I've been a Grizzlies fan ever since they were in Vancouver....just thought they were a cool team when they came in, and then I sort of liked them out of pity when they had that run of mediocrity early on. :laugh:

As far as football goes I'm really liking the Lions lately. Might adopt them as my fav team.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Them going to the playoffs is good for us. We just need to go further than them to make a difference media/fan wise. Share that AAC dough. What would be optimal is a 1st round exit by the Mavs and then us making it past that point. The further the better obviously

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't buy that. If the Mavs are having a successful season + a run in the post season, that is definitely going to overshadow the Stars in the media.

Who gives a damn about the media? That's some Stars' fans little brother complex ... "Why is no one paying attention to me?"

The Stars proved they could sellout and rock the AAC at the same time as playoff or the run up to playoff basketball is going on.

It's financially beneficial to both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad