Proposal: Gallagher for a 1st and a top prospect, no more no less.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
After years of JVR threads I feel for you, people get entitled even though there is nothing wrong with the talent and his contract.

I'd bite at a 1st and Johnsson. It won't happen but that as much as the Leafs can offer.

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Like i said, 26 year old 30 goal scorer in his prime on a sweetheart 3.75mil x 3 year deal... I knew this trade section was bad but.. i'm a little shocked.
You’re overvaluing him so much... I’d give a B prospect and a 2nd for him tbh. Or a late 1st at the trade deadline but nothing else

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
After years of JVR threads I feel for you, people get entitled even though there is nothing wrong with the talent and his contract.

I'd bite at a 1st and Johnsson. It won't happen but that as much as the Leafs can offer.

That's a good offer, but there is a zero percent chance he's moved to a division rival for something that doesn't bleed them dry. Habs do not want to see that grin multiple times a year for multiple years

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Actually Gally would be a great fit for the Leafs. Brings a lot of different skills to the table, can play up and down the line up and has a very reasonable cap hit.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
No contending team is acquiring Gallagher to be a 30 goal scorer. To score that many goals, you either need to be an elite goal scorer and/or play on the top PP. I don't know any team besides Montreal where Gallagher would get top PP time. He'd get 2nd unit time and play on the 2nd line (3rd on some teams). No chance he scores that many with that usage. Most teams would expect him to be a solid secondary scorer around 20 goals and 45 points. Is that worth a 1st and a top prospect to you? I think his 29 points in 64 games last season when Radulov was eating up all his PP time is much more indicative of what any acquiring team would expect from him.

Go look at guys like Cammalleri and Vrbata's careers. They were much better scorers than Gallagher, were they ever worth that much? Obviously Gallagher brings much more than them besides scoring, but scoring on a team with a dearth of talent doesn't magically make you more valuable.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Of course he is staying, but if we were smart we would do a full rebuild and trade him now while his value is high.

That’s not the smart thing to do. Edmonton, Arizona, Buffalo. These are the latest teams to completely blow it up and look how well it went.

Boston, Toronto. Two teams that retooled and look where they are now.

Montreal needs to take the Boston/Toronto route and retool over 3-5 years

Reactions: Be a Hab

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
That’s not the smart thing to do. Edmonton, Arizona, Buffalo. These are the latest teams to completely blow it up and look how well it went.

Boston, Toronto. Two teams that retooled and look where they are now.

Montreal needs to take the Boston/Toronto route and retool over 3-5 years
I disagree, Edmonton and Buffalo will be dangerous very soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad