Value of: Galchenyuk for P.L. Dubois

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
I think Galchenyuk could thrive in a situation where he's not the sole driver of a line. He's never had the opportunity to play with a playmaker (Radulov briefly) and I think e would flourish.

That said, his defensive awareness and general hockey iq is not great and I can see why CLB would keep Dubois. Also, Torts would eat him alive.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Both players have a similar floor/ceiling with a slight edge to Galchenyuk's upside (possible 70-80 Pts)

Don't think the Jackets would do this deal. PLD has too much future potential to trade for a player who is trending down.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
If the Jackets want to boost their skill quotient even more, sure. However, there are too many red flags with Galchenyuk at the moment.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I think it would make sense for Columbus as they are contender now and Galchenyuk is already ''there'' even if he needs confidence back. Mtl seems to start a french rebuild and PLD would make sense for them.

As for the cap space, i would be interrested, as a habs fan, in taking Johnson's or Duby's contract to even it out. What piece would you need us to add to make it works?

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I think it would make sense for Columbus as they are contender now and Galchenyuk is already ''there'' even if he needs confidence back. Mtl seems to start a french rebuild and PLD would make sense for them.

As for the cap space, i would be interrested, as a habs fan, in taking Johnson's or Duby's contract to even it out. What piece would you need us to add to make it works?

If you want Dubois you need to start with more than Galchenyuk as a centerpiece or be willing to add a lot of young right now value, not futures. I honestly don't see any way to make the money work. Columbus can't send Dubinsky because they are already thin at center ice. Jack Johnson doesn't help because his contract is expiring. Columbus may not want picks because their window is open. Columbus isn't looking for defense or wings. Can you send a real top 6 C on an ELC? If not, these teams aren't good trading partners.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Galchenyuk is a super nice player, both I think the Jackets pass

Galchenyuk is 23, PLD won't turn 20 until next June

Dubois has really filled out. I was able to see him play Tuesday in Raleigh. The kid is built like a tank....
I'm really exciting to watch him play for years to come in Columbus.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

This is a trade that would make more sense for Montreal because it favors Montreal.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't think Columbus does this, at least not yet. They were really high on PLD on draft day and think he could be a 1C in the future. Why trade a possible future 1C for a guy who isn't as good at C as he is on the wing?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

This doesnt make sense at all for CLB if Galchenyuk cant play C.

Also, neither of Dubi or Johnson are cap dumps, and wont be treated as such from CBJs persecptive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad