Value of: Galchenyuk for P.L. Dubois

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The value isn't too far off.
If Cbus thinks of PLD as a center than they might be hesitant to move him because of their need in that position.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
PLD's off to a good enough start that I think we'd rather keep him just because he's on a nicer contract. But it's worth considering.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Dubois is younger has an elc contract and still has upside as a possible C. Not sure why Columbus does this for someone who seems to be on the outs in Montreal.

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
Both players have a similar floor/ceiling with a slight edge to Galchenyuk's upside (possible 70-80 Pts)

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Both players have a similar floor/ceiling with a slight edge to Galchenyuk's upside (possible 70-80 Pts)

Galchenyuk will likely never hit 80 points, he seems like a 65 point ceiling guy to me.

45 if Montreal continues to limit his chances and or potential.

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
Well, I was stating that 80 pts was his highest ceiling and it is definitely possible. When playing centre with decent lines-mates, ice-time and power-play, Alex put up PPG numbers over the course of 80 games.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Well, I was stating that 80 pts was his highest ceiling and it is definitely possible. When playing centre with decent lines-mates, ice-time and power-play, Alex put up PPG numbers over the course of 80 games.

But he's allergic to defense. Tortorella would kill him. Columbus passes.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

If we're going to cherry pick stats like that, then many more players would be potential 80 point players.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think Columbus keeps their guy. The Bluejackets seem to be trying to replicate the type of team Davidson built (with some help from Jarmo) with the Blues. I can't see Galy fitting that formula, but PLD absolutely does, even if he never becomes more than a 50 point player. Also, Torts and Galy don't seem like a mix.

It's also another desperate attempt by the Habs to fix their center problems with a guy who most likely will have more success as a winger at the NHL level.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
The problem is that the Habs management has seemingly done everything they could possibly do to stunt Galchenyuk's development. They have turned him into a winger that plays one end of the ice, and frequently gives away the puck. Although he still has upside, his game is a mess right now. Apparently he was practicing on the 4th line today. I can't see CLB trading a recent 3rd OA pick in Dubois with a good shot at being an NHL centre for Galchenyuk.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The reasons why Montreal would want PLD are the same reasons why the CBJ need to keep him. Both are wingers at this point but PLD may become a center. PLD is younger and cheaper. Sure, he might not match Galchenyuk's 30 goal season but the Jackets are set for scoring wingers.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
PLD is younger, cheaper and has more years of team control.
They may have similar potential but PLD has less questions about his chances of hitting that potential.

No way Cbus would do this.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
2-3 weeks ago I think many would have entertained this offer from the CBJ side. After seeing a few games from PLD it is pretty clear that he is the real deal and will develop into an exceptional hockey player.

Easy no from CBJ.

Would consider something around Jenner + a pick

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
PLD's off to a good enough start that I think we'd rather keep him just because he's on a nicer contract. But it's worth considering.

No, it isn't. There's no way I'd trade Dubois (upside/contract) for Galchenyuk.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
One of the better proposals I’ve saw on this board. Fair and simple.. but I think CBJ are extremely high on PL... if offered, I don’t think Jarmo would do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad