Galchenyuk, and the others. 4-2 WPG Win! Surprise!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
At this point, what is the team losing by playing Galchenyuk and Eller as the top 2 C's?

Do we really need to see Plekanec as a center in the top 6 at this point? Before you make a decision on trading Eller this summer, I think it would be prudent to evaluate him in a top 6 role at center, I thought it paid dividends for the 5-6 games he played there.

Before you move Eller this off-season, see what you've got...maybe you could realize there's more there or maybe you could properly evaluate his worth before you move him.

I would do it right now. Till the end of the year. Pleks won't like it....but hey, I don't care right now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
At this point, what is the team losing by playing Galchenyuk and Eller as the top 2 C's?

Do we really need to see Plekanec as a center in the top 6 at this point? Before you make a decision on trading Eller this summer, I think it would be prudent to evaluate him in a top 6 role at center, I thought it paid dividends for the 5-6 games he played there.

Before you move Eller this off-season, see what you've got...maybe you could realize there's more there or maybe you could properly evaluate his worth before you move him.
I have been saying this all along, the centremen are Chucky, Eller then Pleks and Mitchell.............but...

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
I mean really, how the **** is therrien brought back after this? 19-4-3 in november :laugh:
i know several season ticket holders that are furious with this ****

11-26-3 record since then. That is a 23-53-6 record pro-rated, expansion level bad.

This is the first season since I started following the Habs that I refuse to watch games. I have been a fan since 1990. I said this be fore but it bears repeating; this team is the worst iteration since 1990. The reason is that so much was expected from them, but they have disappointing everyone. The moves that bergevin has done are laughable and Timmin's prospects are nothing to write home about. I was right to say that without Price this team is nothing.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I would do it right now. Till the end of the year. Pleks won't like it....but hey, I don't care right now.

Assuming Gallagher's injury isn't too serious (which who's kidding, it probably is)

I'd go with something like this down the stretch

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Eller-McCarron
Danault-Plekanec-De la rose
Matteau-Mitchell-Byron

See what you've got with guys like Andrighetto and Eller, give them 15-17 mins per game, 2ND PP unit, go into the off-season with some type of clarity

Furthermore, if the organization and coaching staff sees Danault and DLR as we all do, as guys with 3rd line upside, who else to learn from then Plekanec?

At this point, what do we have to lose?

And conversely, what do we have to gain by continuing to deploy Plekanec in a top 6 role for the rest of this year??

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
11-26-3 record since then. That is a 23-53-6 record pro-rated, expansion level bad.

This is the first season since I started following the Habs that I refuse to watch games. I have been a fan since 1990. I said this be fore but it bears repeating; this team is the worst iteration since 1990. The reason is that so much was expected from them, but they have disappointing everyone. The moves that bergevin has done are laughable and Timmin's prospects are nothing to write home about. I was right to say that without Price this team is nothing.

Other than trading for John Scott, I wouldn't say Bergevin's moves are laughable.

You could say a lot of them are probably unnecessary, but they're fine.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Therrien after Galchenyuk's 2nd goal must of had of a very deep conversation with himself as to why he didn't do the obvious thing 6 months ago. Too ****ing bad you self centered dinosaur, now a new coach will get to watch Galchenyuk flourish as the number 1 center for the next decade.

Also, I love Ghetto with Galchenyuk more than Gallagher. Ghetto is the better passer and shooter, plus Gallagher's Chemistry with Plekanec gives the team more options offensively. Now, the next step is to find a real LW option on the 2nd line next season.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Therrien after Galchenyuk's 2nd goal must of had of a very deep conversation with himself as to why he didn't do the obvious thing 6 months ago. Too ****ing bad you self centered dinosaur, now a new coach will get to watch Galchenyuk flourish as the number 1 center for the next decade.

Also, I love Ghetto with Galchenyuk more than Gallagher. Ghetto is the better passer and shooter, plus Gallagher's Chemistry with Plekanec gives the team more options offensively. Now, the next step is to find a real LW option on the 2nd line next season.

You mean Paul Byron isn't the answer?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Not at all.

After the 2nd goal MT was trying to find a way to remove AG from there without looking too dumb before his petit prince comes back.

You can quote me before the end of the season DD will play more minutes at center than AG.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Ghetto needs to start being a lot more selfish on the ice. I'm sure he feels he needs to be a good teammate and try to set up his boys, but the sooner he starts doing this, the more effective he and that line becomes. Could be a good line going into next year.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

he propbably thought to himself that he should have paired up Chucky earlier with DD to learn from him

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I can almost guarantee that Desharnais will play with Pacioretty again before this season is over. He'll come back, start on the 3rd line and Galchenyuk will turn the puck over a couple times and then Plekanec will be back with Pacioretty. Then, once they don't score for a game, boom; gotta get the wee man going!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

MT thinks he is begger dan da team...he belittles PK for being too much of a personality, but yet, thinks he himself is a star...

Fire Da Coach already!!

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
The fact that it took this long, with all the troubles the team has had scoring, for Therrien to put the "Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher" line together only shows that Michel Therrien is a limited and lousy coach, and re-enforces the notion that he is not an NHL caliber or quality coach.
The sooner the Montreal Canadiens fire and replace him, the sooner they can become a playoff contending team again.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
Not at all.

After the 2nd goal MT was trying to find a way to remove AG from there without looking too dumb before his petit prince comes back.

You can quote me before the end of the season DD will play more minutes at center than AG.

That's exactly what I was thinking. What lame excuse is he going to have when he puts Galch back on the wing? Must be that the media will call him on that at this point.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
so is Galchenyuk putting distance between himself and Yakupov as being the better overall player with higher potential?

This was the case to virtually everyone by Yakupov's second season. As mentioned, Lindholm, Rielly, Forsberg and Alex are the guys who have established themselves.

I'd be very curious as to what Alex could do with 20 minutes a night with Pacioretty.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I have been a strong proponent of signing Yakupov to play with Galchenyuk, as I didn't think Chucky was ready to play 1C. But after seeing him play there, I must admit I was wrong.
I think he will only get better at the position with time and experience playing the position. This shows just how important it is that we remove Therrien as coach, for if he remains, Chucky is fated to play wing forever to both his and the teams loss and detriment.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
At this stage it doesn't matter. Might as well lose them all, no harm done (except possibly to Therrien).

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
At this stage it doesn't matter. Might as well lose them all, no harm done (except possibly to Therrien).

Based on Therrien's post-game comments, it doesn't seem like he has much pressure on him for the rest of the year. Sounds like they are much more concerned with the development and scaling of the youth we have.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Based on Therrien's post-game comments, it doesn't seem like he has much pressure on him for the rest of the year. Sounds like they are much more concerned with the development and scaling of the youth we have.

I guess what a lot of us are concerned about is the conflict that will present itself when DD returns: how will the sound philosophy of developing our youth and Galchenyuk at #1C co-exist with MT's persistent coddling and over-deployment of DD? Along with Price's possible return, that's the last great drama left for the Habs this season.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I was at the game.

That's all I can really say about tonight's performance.

#tanklife

The only note worth mentioning was that Hickey was on the jets pre-game radio, and was adamant Therrien was going to be back next year, so that's great to look forward
too. D

Enjoy your night guys.

Was there as well
thought McCarron looked slow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad