Galchenyuk, and the others. 4-2 WPG Win! Surprise!

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
My thoughts:

- Nice Lost reference

- What the hell was up with TVA commentators trying to spin that Subban was blaming Gervais for 1st goal? He lost an edge so he changed skates. Nobody was insinuating that Gervais sucks. So why were they trying to make it look like PK was a jerk?

- Anybody who says that Danault sucks does not know much about hockey. He is a rookie and all signs point to him having a solid career as a 3rd liner

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Lots of fans piling on PK tonight. Since Dec this as been one ****ed up season for the Habs where nothing as gone right.

They do cause he is making mistakes that cost important goals. Jesus Christ nobody said he was not talented.

If next game he doesn't do that they'll shut up. I don't know what's up with PK, maybe he is overlly nervous, he's thinking too much, he wants to help the team too much. But whatever is happening, it has to stop.

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
if you keep a coach that went 4-20-4, then re-affirm that you want this coach BADLY to remain til end of the year;

then you should not be GM of a NHL coaching team; I do not care;

present me a case of one GM staying put in his position, that did not fire his coach after he went 4-20-4(and had.... many problems with his players 2 seasons prior) and that GM went into a press conference telling how him and his coach are foxhole guys, you want this HC next to you;

Please, present me one case of that. You will find NONE.

None.

past 15years?

none.

past 20 years?

none.

past 30 years?

none.

what did Therrien warrant such a good thumbs up from owners/bargainbin to be set-up?

Larry Robinson went SC champs at end of 99-00 season, went 111pts and SCFinalist, and 22-21-7 and got fired; with Nj Devils;

I guess french is more important than fan base that draws 15k at average vs 21k regardless of the team, that fights with no else in media, that has no other major sports team etc;

lol; Molson is a ****ing ******,

Good luck, MTL, Good luck;

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I forgot there was a game but I gather from the stats that McCarron had an awful game.

From the bit I caught, they didn't play well.

They were playing good hockey despite losing, up until MT decided to make some line changes.

I'm fine with having Alex at #1, but Eller is not a good winger (well he's decent but he tends to drift into the middle). Seriously Plekanec needed to be dealt at the deadline.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
it was glaringly apparent on the video monitor but the brass failed to notice that Therrien tried to hide his dunce cap under the bench. If a proctor had been present Therrien would have been cited for cheating and hauled to the dean's office for suspension or dismissal.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't even care if we lose when we get to see Chucky play like this
MT will somehow find a way to bring Chucky back down, so they can keep his next contract reasonable...:shakehead

Geez, just fire da coach would ya guys...the entire team has had enough...

When 20 guys go in a slump for 3 months, I mean really come on...:popcorn:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Having both Chucky and Eller at center, with Eller having skill at wing, is waaay too much to look for.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
I have no problem with him being on the team in itself. It was more in the context of getting him on the team while we already have a bunch of bottom 6 signed for a while. My problem is more with the fact that he signed those, but that was already done, and at some point he just has to stop adding more bottom 6 to the team, it's getting absolutely ridiculous. He really liked Danault and wanted to get him? Fine, but then find a way to get rid of Flynn, or don't freaking sign Byron because "teams were asking for him" (god, just TRADE him then).
They got rid of two bottom sixers (Fleischmann and Weise) when they picked up Danault. They traded DSP to pickup Matteau. It's not like they are adding bottom sixers to the team, there's less now than before the trade deadline.

(Brown is irrelevant, he won't be here next year).

Mad Brills*

11 wins in their last 40 games.

Absolute abbhorrent coaching

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
MT will somehow find a way to bring Chucky back down, so they can keep his next contract reasonable...:shakehead

Geez, just fire da coach would ya guys...the entire team has had enough...

When 20 guys go in a slump for 3 months, I mean really come on...:popcorn:

can an entire roster all plateau at the same time :laugh:

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Chucky was good but even with scoring two goals, I thought he looked too much for Patches.

Patches was good, showed some hustle and some grit and made a couple of great plays leading to goals.

Pateryn was very good - the best defenseman on the team yesterday in my opinion. It's too bad he was benched for 50 games.

The rest... not so good. Lines 2 to 4 were terrible.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Chucky was good but even with scoring two goals, I thought he looked too much for Patches.

Patches was good, showed some hustle and some grit and made a couple of great plays leading to goals.

Pateryn was very good - the best defenseman on the team yesterday in my opinion. It's too bad he was benched for 50 games.

The minute I saw Plekanec and Eller on the same line I knew we were going to pose no threat.
I can't wait for DD to get back and see how much worse it can get. :laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Agreed with Galchenyuk forcing plays to Pacioretty. It was also the knock against him last year when they had their stretch together.

I can understand why he's forcing it though, it's natural to want to defer to Pacioretty, but with Galchenyuk's hands and shot, the best way he can help Pacioretty is by continuing to play his game, it will open up ice for Pacioretty.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton

Line 1 was great last night, I agree the other lines were bad. Any Eller-Plek combo cant generate any offense.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Agreed with Galchenyuk forcing plays to Pacioretty. It was also the knock against him last year when they had their stretch together.

I can understand why he's forcing it though, it's natural to want to defer to Pacioretty, but with Galchenyuk's hands and shot, the best way he can help Pacioretty is by continuing to play his game, it will open up ice for Pacioretty.

I will take Galchy forcing plays to Pacioretty and yet score 2 goals. We've been used to a certain player constantly forcing plays and NOT scoring....I'll take Galchy's forcing plays now...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

More like 1st 4th line, 2nd 4th line and 3rd 4th line.

MT was right when he said he did not care about line numbers. We don't have a 2nd or 3rd line. Just a 1st line with a bunch of 4th liners.

MB still got work to do next year though to bring that down to just a bunch of 4th line grinders without any 1st line. Only then MT will be 100% happy.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And Eller dissapears as a winger.

Now, it's either one thing or the other. You PLAY Eller as a centerman. Or you trade him at draft day. There are NO OTHER ALTERNATIVES.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I will take Galchy forcing plays to Pacioretty and yet score 2 goals. We've been used to a certain player constantly forcing plays and NOT scoring....I'll take Galchy's forcing plays now...

Lol sure....so will I

But last night, for the first time in awhile, we saw Pacioretty with open ice.

I know people want Pacioretty to get more involved in the play, crash the net more, etc.

But I don't think that's his game, his whole thing is finding dead spots in defensive coverage and waiting to be fed the puck so he can use his shot.

That means he needs to play with a center capable of taking attention away from him, only one player on this team is capable of doing that

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
And Eller dissapears as a winger.

Now, it's either one thing or the other. You PLAY Eller as a centerman. Or you trade him at draft day. There are NO OTHER ALTERNATIVES.

At this point, what is the team losing by playing Galchenyuk and Eller as the top 2 C's?

Do we really need to see Plekanec as a center in the top 6 at this point? Before you make a decision on trading Eller this summer, I think it would be prudent to evaluate him in a top 6 role at center, I thought it paid dividends for the 5-6 games he played there.

Before you move Eller this off-season, see what you've got...maybe you could realize there's more there or maybe you could properly evaluate his worth before you move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad