Gagarin Cup Play-Off 2017

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Amazing finish to the CSKA-Jokerit game.. 6 players from both teams in the penalty box. GOnna be a fun series!

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
What a game. 49 shots for Dynamo and finally get the winner from Karpov. Hietanen had 10 shots by himself. 33 saves for Yeryomenko. Hats off to Biryukov as well.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Probably something related to all the hits Biryukov was taking from Dynamo players.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
CSKA players must feel good.. Winning the regular season title and what do they get in the first game of play offs.. 2300 fans sitting silently like in a church on Sunday. Could someone explain me wtf is going on lol.

Moscow

btw if the teamwas renamed CSKA Rosneft and relocated to say Nizhnevartovsk they would sell out every game.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Man, what a back breaking loss for Torpedo. Fighting so hard to get another game to the OT, and then Biryukov gaves up a goal from the red line :shakehead:

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I realize that 34 is pretty old for a hockey player, but man, Frolov...

frolov_alexander_15-16_ep.jpg

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
Lokomotiv taking it to Minsk again

Dynamo-Torpedo series has been great

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Lokomotiv taking it to Minsk again

Dynamo-Torpedo series has been great

Minsk taking a beating is the biggest surprise for me, they seemed to be very solid during the regular season. Looks like another play-off disappointment for Minsk.

Torpedo-Dynamo and the third time they go to OT. Must be nerve-racking for the fans. Jokerit-CSKA also to OT. Pretty good game from Jokerit but every time Jokerit scores, CSKA finds a higher gear. Frustrating to watch.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Minsk taking a beating is the biggest surprise for me, they seemed to be very solid during the regular season. Looks like another play-off disappointment for Minsk.

Torpedo-Dynamo and the third time they go to OT. Must be nerve-racking for the fans. Jokerit-CSKA also to OT. Pretty good game from Jokerit but every time Jokerit scores, CSKA finds a higher gear. Frustrating to watch.

Maybe frustrating but CSKA is clearly far better team and I'm not even big fan of them. Lol at people who thought they can make long run (they are 3rd in votes from poll above).

As for Podolsk, Im glad they made playoffs but series against SKA is mismatch

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Lol at people who thought they can make long run (they are 3rd in votes from poll above).

Those are homer votes, I mean 4 people voted for Kunlun which no rational person ever would.

Also I thought Loko - Minsk will be the most interesting first round series and yet Dinamo is getting steamrolled.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Maybe frustrating but CSKA is clearly far better team and I'm not even big fan of them

Sure, but with two matches decided on OT, the series could quite easily be 2-1 for Jokerit. CSKA is better and they've been in control most of time, but they are giving Jokerit a chance and they seem to have a hard time creating quality scoring chances despite all the possession.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sure, but with two matches decided on OT, the series could quite easily be 2-1 for Jokerit. CSKA is better and they've been in control most of time, but they are giving Jokerit a chance and they seem to have a hard time creating quality scoring chances despite all the possession.

Not with Jokerit track record in OT. Including Liiga games, Jokerit have only one win from their last 14 OT games in playoffs.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Jokerit played well today, I had to leave during the OT. I think Jokerit is missing game breakers, they need more players of Regin's quality.

Busy year for me, wasn't following as much as I would have liked to, but Jokerit finishing 8th????

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Jokerit played well today, I had to leave during the OT. I think Jokerit is missing game breakers, they need more players of Regin's quality.

Busy year for me, wasn't following as much as I would have liked to, but Jokerit finishing 8th????

"Built for playoffs" with more physical players and less skill on the team, one KHL level 1st/2nd line, 3 4th lines = result. They don't have the money to compete for better players.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
"Built for playoffs" with more physical players and less skill on the team, one KHL level 1st/2nd line, 3 4th lines = result. They don't have the money to compete for better players.

Keränen was supposed to be good idk why.. Hishon was also very bad and I guess he cost way too much for what he brings. He is not worth 5 pucks and thats why he isnt even playing in the play offs.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
In fact it's the same problem Jokerit face the last playoffs, they just don't have enough talent on the roster to compete against CSKA.

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Great game, full house and fantastic atmosphere in Vladivostok.
I still think that looking for suprises /in our predicton game :)/ in the playoffs will cost me /Hansom, don't be angry with me:)))/, because Avangard look like the stronger and the more experienced club.
Still at this point the games in the East Conference are much more entertaining.

Acallabeth

Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Avangard with some really bad defensive mistakes, cost themselves a game. Nice effort from Adiral though to cut the lead! Kazakov with 4 goals in 3 games btw.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
In fact it's the same problem Jokerit face the last playoffs, they just don't have enough talent on the roster to compete against CSKA.

Not enough talent and the coaches seem to be quite inept. Apart from Karri Kivi, I don't have much confidence with Finnish coaches. Old fashioned tactics that are more like 90's hockey than modern hockey. A Swedish coach and a couple of good centers would turn Jokerit into a powerhouse.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not enough talent and the coaches seem to be quite inept. Apart from Karri Kivi, I don't have much confidence with Finnish coaches. Old fashioned tactics that are more like 90's hockey than modern hockey. A Swedish coach and a couple of good centers would turn Jokerit into a powerhouse.

Yes, the only Finnish coach to have won a Finnish league title, a World Junior Championships and a World Championship is inept. :laugh: :facepalm: Raipe though... Success doesn't exactly follow him everywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad