Player Discussion: Gabriel "The Net Front King" Vilardi

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Tree fiddy.

4 x ? seems like a middle path. Long bridge or longer max?

An unqualified HFJ welcome, Gabe!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Who would the the third guy on the line, I'm thinking they need a fast player who can get in on the forecheck quickly.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
1687890983243-gif.722101

None

Feb 22, 2012
Who would the the third guy on the line, I'm thinking they need a fast player who can get in on the forecheck quickly.

Ehlers might work from the perspective that there's nobody better for a controlled entry and he has the speed to chase a dumped puck until Vilardi is low enough to assist along the walls. I think the issue I see with Perfetti as a linemate is that I think a lot of Vilardi's offense comes off the rush.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ehlers might work from the perspective that there's nobody better for a controlled entry and he has the speed to chase a dumped puck until Vilardi is low enough to assist along the walls. I think the issue I see with Perfetti as a linemate is that I think a lot of Vilardi's offense comes off the rush.

That seems contrary to what some of those chart people say but I haven't watched enough of him to know. His junior game revolved a lot around the cycle game though.

Anyhow I think Cole is just fine off the rush but is admitidly better using his deception off of offensive rotations which is why he worked so well with Scheifele.

Reactions: hn777

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
He has 4 years of control so imo its either a 3 year bridge or a 5 or 6 year deal.

I'd be willing to do a Kotkaniemi type long term deal.
If he would take the long term JK deal I would do that in a millisecond. Sometimes you have to take shots on long term deals, and the cap is going up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad