Speculation: Gabriel Landeskog for Hampus Lindholm

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Tell me why Avs would trade their captain Landeskog? I can't see him being a disappointment thus far and the cap hit is okay.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Some stranger player-for-player swaps have certainly happened. An organisational need is a weird animal sometimes. Still Landeskog's trade value is around 60% of Lindholm's trade value. So a very good piece should be added to Landy to make this happen IMO. And I struggle to find one that the both teams would be happy with.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Some stranger player-for-player swaps have certainly happened. An organisational need is a weird animal sometimes. Still Landeskog's trade value is around 60% of Lindholm's trade value. So a very good piece should be added to Landy to make this happen IMO. And I struggle to find one that the both teams would be happy with.

60%?

Are you serious?

Last edited:

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland

Go check Landy's player profile and career etc. Then erase that 60% **** you wrote okay :) Lindholm is not a god among defensemen

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Like I said before: I love #47 but he has now become overrated.

But I guess there's no harm in a fan base overrating their player.

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
IMO, yes. Though limiting it that much is kind of pointless.

Why is limiting it to their respective roles pointless? What would it matter if there was a better center than landy or better rd than lindholm when youre assessing how good each is at their specific position? If anything, including players who dont play landy/lindholm's roles is pointless.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Like I said before: I love #47 but he has now become overrated.

But I guess there's no harm in a fan base overrating their player.

Lindholm has the potential to become an elite 1D, and appears to be a lock to be a legitimate 1D. LW is the single least valuable position in the NHL, and Landeskog appears to be a very good 2 way player but not elite - being top 20 in a notoriously weak position doesn't make you elite. The value isn't close.

Look up the number of teams that have Cup wins without an elite, or at least legitimate 1D - you're basically going back to Carolina. Now look at the team's that have HAD an elite LW and won a Cup. Pretty much none of them. Again, the value isn't close. This isn't a vacuum.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I think Landeskog has been a disappointment.

Landeskog is literally the exact player I expected he'd be. First line, physical, two way winger. That's pretty much his 2011 scouting report exactly.

Not an ideal 2OV, but it isn't like the Avs missed with that pick. There just wasn't much elite talent in that draft outside of Gaudreau.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Landeskog is literally the exact player I expected he'd be. First line, physical, two way winger. That's pretty much his 2011 scouting report exactly.

Not an ideal 2OV, but it isn't like the Avs missed with that pick. There just wasn't much elite talent in that draft outside of Gaudreau.

Before scoring went down I thought he'd be able to hit 70, but given the way scoring's gone down 60-65 is that 70 I hoped he'd be able to hit on top of his excellent defensive game, physicality, and leadership...And Landy's production can still take a jump once MacK is playing consistently at the level we saw him at to start last season.

I get Ducks fans not wanting to trade a young #1 dman away for Landy, but this kid has been everything we hoped he'd be. That's why he wears the C for this team and will continue to for the foreseeable future; and that's why he's consistently out there against top opposition on our toughest minute line.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Go check Landy's player profile and career etc. Then erase that 60% **** you wrote okay :) Lindholm is not a god among defensemen

Not talking their quality as hockey players nor am I talking their value to their respective teams. I'm talking pure trade value at this very point. And I'm firmly standing behind my estimate of 60% thank you very much.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
LOL
Im not a fan of either team but...
Landeskog has a significantly lower value than Lindholm. Landeskog is a 50-65 point winger, who is defensively responsible. Yes I understand he is your team captain and all, but Lindholm is already a #1D on a contender.

Lindholm is literally the best young defender in the league along with Jones and Reilly. A young top line winger does not get you the best young defender in the league who is already probally already one of the top 15-20 d-men in the league, no way.

Not to mention that Anaheim still has about two years of contention left in their roster. Why would they trade their best d man who is also their most valuable and best player going forward for a winger. This trade leaves the Ducks significantly worse both in the short term and the longterm, and the avs significantly better in the long and short term.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
LOL
Landeskog has a significantly lower value than Lindholm. Landeskog is a 50-65 point winger, who is defensively responsible. Yes I understand he is your team captain and all, but Lindholm is already a #1D on a contender.

Lindholm is literally the best young defender in the league along with Jones and Reilly. A young top line winger does not get you the best young defender in the league who is already probally already one of the top 15-20 d-men in the league, no way.

Not to mention that Anaheim still has about two years of contention left in their roster. Why would they trade their best d man who is also their most valuable and best player going forward for a winger. This trade leaves the Ducks significantly worse both in the short term and the longterm, and the avs significantly better in the long and short term.

I don't think too many are arguing that Landeskog actually gets Lindholm but way to try to shoehorn your guy into the convo anyway.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
LOL

Come on man I don't think a single avs fans has even mentioned it would be a fair trade. Mind you, we ain't gonna take noone ****ing on our player.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
PHP:
n
Maybe the speculation about trading Landeskog was key to Roy's departure from Denver. He's the one who gave him the "C" on his jersey.
it's tough to speculate on. However, Roy was on the hot seat and now with him gone. The players need to step up under a new coach. We need to find out if it was the coach or the players or both. If certain players continue to underwhelm at that point there **possible** changes. Not until then.

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007
The Ducks are going to lose a good Dman in the expansion draft , Lindholm isn't
going to be it though , better to target Fowler and have Ana add.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Ducks are going to lose a good Dman in the expansion draft , Lindholm isn't
going to be it though , better to target Fowler and have Ana add.

Fowler doesn't even start a conversation. Landy is signed long term and a great fit on the Avs, zero reason to move him for anything short of a perfect return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad