Speculation: Gabriel Landeskog for Hampus Lindholm

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Don't think Anaheim is moving Lindholm - Dreger reported the teams talked, and Murray wasn't interested, wasn't moving Lindholm - and the Avs are set for a developmental year, there is no big panic to make a trade.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The Avs would have to add a lot more than a third round pick to Landeskog to get Lindholm.

Also the write couldn't even get Lindholms stats from last year right, he managed to be wrong twice in the same sentence.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Landeskog is great and all but this would still be downright foolish for the Ducks. Considering that we heard BM turned this idea down already, I really don't think this has any legs at all.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I'm sure Sakic is working the phones today, but I doubt it has anything to do with a trade. I think Sakic was probably content with the roster heading into the season yesterday. I don't think Roy quitting has changed that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Avs would have to add a lot more than a third round pick to Landeskog to get Lindholm.

Also the write couldn't even get Lindholms stats from last year right, he managed to be wrong twice in the same sentence.

No, they wouldn't. You are way undervaluing Landeskog. Personally, I feel that Roy leaving will be a big boost to his career.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'm sure Sakic is working the phones today, but I doubt it has anything to do with a trade. I think Sakic was probably content with the roster heading into the season yesterday. I don't think Roy quitting has changed that.

Maybe he wanted them to make a splash to improve the roster and Sakic wanted to sit still, so rather than have a repeat year and tarnish his rep and most likely never get another NHL job, he decided to leave with his dignity.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
Honestly I think the value is pretty fair, but as I've said before, the only way we move Lindholm is if the offer is such an absurd overpayment that we simply can't refuse.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Would duchene instead of landeskog make it more fair? Too much from Colorado?

It's an interesting thought. Duchene is likely more enticing than Landeskog, but I think Roy was likely the driving force behind adding defensemen right now. I bet Sakic would be more willing to wait and see how Zadorov and Bigras work out this season before trading away key pieces.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's an interesting thought. Duchene is likely more enticing than Landeskog, but I think Roy was likely the driving force behind adding defensemen right now. I bet Sakic would be more willing to wait and see how Zadorov and Bigras work out this season before trading away key pieces.

I don't think Duchene's value on the market is higher than Landy's. Also, Ducks are looking for someone to play on the wings.

Landeskog is the only top 6 winger that we have. We can't trade him.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Anaheim should not even entertain this.

Lando is alright but not someone you give up a top pairing D man for.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
No, they wouldn't. You are way undervaluing Landeskog. Personally, I feel that Roy leaving will be a big boost to his career.

If Larsson got Hall, Lindholm would get a huge return . Lindholm is much better than Larsson and Landeskog is not as good as Hall.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like landeskog a lot but I cant see him being valued enough to move a guy like lindholm, I cant really see us moving lindholm outside of 3 players.

I kinda always wondered if the Aves ever kicked tires on Fowler tho, fowler played his best hockey with Beauchmin, so they could reunite that pairing again. At the same time like other aves fans have said they only have 1 legit top 6 winger and I think Landeskogs value is > fowlers.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If Larsson got Hall, Lindholn is much better than Larsson would get more than Landeskog who is not as good as Hall.

One desperate trade doesn't set the market. No team is repeating what Chia did. Boston trading Hamilton for picks didn't set the value for high end young defenders either. Chia was desperate, NJ could figuratively sit back and twiddle their thumbs if they didn't get what they wanted. It's the Avs who have Landy signed for five more years on a great contract, and the Ducks with cap issues, budget issues, the unsigned player, and a roster that needed improvement up front but hasn't. I'm not saying the Ducks would do this, they wouldn't and shouldn't, but this isn't the situation the Oilers were in at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad