Rumor: Gaborik to LA close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
If Hemsky went for a 3rd and a 5th like they just suggested on TSN, Gaborik doesn't have a whole lot of market value right now. Hope they keep him.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
If Hemsky went for a 3rd and a 5th like they just suggested on TSN, Gaborik doesn't have a whole lot of market value right now. Hope they keep him.

I know most won't agree with me, but I'd take a 3rd and a 5th for a guy who isn't going to be on the team next year.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
so Eklund tweeted that the Kings are trading for McNab from Sabres...so that means we're getting a defensive guy in a Gaby deal...right?

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Not really. Nobody's doing much and there's always a flurry between 2 and 3pm.

Actually, the Caps, Flyers and Rangers have all made moves. Arguably, the Flyers and Rangers moves have made them better. I'm not among those that think we can stand pat and make the playoffs. I think the front office needs to do something to bolster the roster, especially after watching our defense last night, they were hanging on by a string.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Yet, somehow we have won and moved from being out of the playoffs to in the playoffs. Look, do we need to improve? Of course. Should we do something stupid to try to rush the process? No.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Actually, the Caps, Flyers and Rangers have all made moves. Arguably, the Flyers and Rangers moves have made them better. I'm not among those that think we can stand pat and make the playoffs. I think the front office needs to do something to bolster the roster, especially after watching our defense last night, they were hanging on by a string.

I agree. There's 2+ hours left.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Nowhere did I say do something stupid. All I said is that move(s) need to be made if you want to keep up with the Joneses.

You can't just make a move though. If there is no good move to make, you shouldn't make one.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Portzline tweeting that the Jackets in the market for Tuomo Ruutu. Canes would pick up part of his contract.

Also, now that I saw the Kings trade, they get 2 seconds back from Buffalo. Maybe the pre-cursor to a Gabby trade?

I wouldn't take Ruutu if Carolina paid us to take him.

bizzz*

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 44s
On-again, off-again Marian Gaborik to LAK from CBJ appear to be "on" again. If completed, bet on CBJ picking up big portion of Gabby money.

I will be disappointed if the Jackets gets anything less than 2 pieces including a roster player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad