Rumor: Gaborik to LA close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHeartZherdev*

There's no way Toffoli is coming back for what's likely a rental. Would be a huge mistake on their part.

Probably Robyn Regher I would think

I think Regher has a NMC that he waived to go to LA...

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Regehr would make a whole lot more sense than Matt Greene, but something tells me we're going to be disappointed.

There isn't really anything we could get back for Gaborik that would disappoint me. :sarcasm:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I hope it's something good, because our division is getting a whole lot tougher. Sounds like St.Louis to NYR is close too.

I don't really think we should be looking to get better directly in a Gaborik trade. He just doesn't have that value. We should be looking to get assets to help us trade for a better player. IMO.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
For the love of God, why are the Kings acquiring another RW? The LA Kings have a deep (read: overloaded) RW segment of the roster, and this is not helping. :shakehead

Can the LA Kings just acquire another LW instead?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'm not deadset against moving him, but why for defense? We have 2 solid dmen out and we're back filling pretty damn well imo.

I'd rather get a 1st round pick.

CapnCornelius

Oct 28, 2006
For the love of God, why are the Kings acquiring another RW? The LA Kings have a deep (read: overloaded) RW segment of the roster, and this is not helping. :shakehead

Can the LA Kings just acquire another LW instead?

Fans get so damn hung up on this. Usually there is someone in your lineup that can move over to the left side. Are you telling me none of the Kings wings are capable of shifting what side they play on?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not deadset against moving him, but why for defense? We have 2 solid dmen out and we're back filling pretty damn well imo.

I'd rather get a 1st round pick.

Could be that the injuries to Murray and Tyutin are high ankle sprains but not disclosed to avoid weakening our leverage. Erixon, a guy we would normally call up, is also injured.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Could be that the injuries to Murray and Tyutin are high ankle sprains but not disclosed to avoid weakening our leverage. Erixon, a guy we would normally call up, is also injured.

good point

So the next callup in case of injury would be a big drop in skill level, ok that makes more sense, but I'm still leaning towards the future vs the present. A draft pick would be nice.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
That is not the question though. It is why trade him for an average or worse defender? Just trade him for the best assets you can get and make another trade for a defenseman.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
TSN seems to think LA has soured on Gaborik.

I didn't take it that way at all. I took it as, they never made a trade for Gaborik and are still thinking about who they want to trade for. It is all about trying to get a team to lower their asking price. They are probably trying to get Columbus or another team to lower their price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad