GDT: G59: Canes @ Wild - 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Apparently, the Carolinians have learned how to freeze water, so that it is no longer wet.

With Nino and Victor Rask elsewhere, shit talking about these matchups is less fun. Seems like there is no connection whatsoever between us and the BBQ'ers.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Apparently, the Carolinians have learned how to freeze water, so that it is no longer wet.

With Nino and Victor Rask elsewhere, shit talking about these matchups is less fun. Seems like there is no connection whatsoever between us and the BBQ'ers.
Burns?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Shot counter going to be not in our favor in this one, but we have played well against the Canes with this core of players. Should be a good and high intensity game, looking forward to another display of skill from our top line!

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
There ya go, though I can barely remember what he looked like with the Wild. Less tattoos, more teeth, I think? I do remember him playing some forward.
He was only just starting his caveman phase with us when he was traded but he did have the massive Wild tat and a pretty massive snake collection. He was really taking off for stretches in each of the two seasons prior to the trade as an offensive defenseman.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't get what they are trying to do with Rossi, at all. Make him quit?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Good test for Zucc tonight, see if he can get Freddy Gaudreau a goal. He almost lasered one last game, I bet they want to get the monkey off his back really badly.

One real good line, two solid D pairings, and a smorgasbords of chaos.
Zucc is a god amongst men. Only he can get Freddy going and get Freddy going he shall

Last edited:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don't get what they are trying to do with Rossi, at all. Make him quit?
One possibility is that they want him to adapt to more attention from defenders. Maybe they think the adversity of having punchless linemates will help him.

Alternatively, they just don’t want to mess with things too much while we are winning.

Whatever it is, I don’t like it

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
At this point we have no second line, we have a first line and three fourth lines.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The coach thinks Zucc is his line mechanic, trying to get Freddy going. But every game is very important now, this isn't the time for nursing. That being said, Freddy is probably a mental wreck by now...

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Also my theory is that they want a reason to sell off what little they have, so Hynes is trying to stealth tank by running the worst bottom 9 he can come up with. Last game the Zuccarello line figured into scoring, so he had to add Gaudreau there to nip that in the bud.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Shot counter going to be not in our favor in this one, but we have played well against the Canes with this core of players. Should be a good and high intensity game, looking forward to another display of skill from our top line!
I misread that as "IDENTITY", so I guzzled down a drink as fast as I could. Dang it!

• Haha
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
So, isn't CAR good, usually?
Pretty good team but prone to defensive gaffes and weak goaltending. Shoot from everywhere, always and high effort levels on the forecheck. I saw they are a weird outlier when it comes to HDCA, they give up very few shots but have an extremely high ratio of extreme high danger chances against, down with the bottom 3 in the league.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Hynes confirmed in his pre-game presser that he's trying to help Freddy back on track, hopefully this line change wasn't a very bad idea.

I agree with Brett, people think this must be Guerin's orders.

Last edited:

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Showcasing Freddy on second line for a trade....waived his no trade...

It's my fantasy, don't wreck it for me....

GO TEAM!
Oh yeah, if he's playing under Zuke's mentorship he's gonna score AT LEAST 4 tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad