GDT: G55: Canucks @ Wild - 1:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Give it a rest. It's starting to sound ridiculous at this point, and I believe most people would agree to that.
Nope.gif

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I still think Kaprizov-Ek-Boldy has shades of Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak. I'd put them up against any other line in the league right now and feel like we have the better chance.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I feel like he has a chance. But he needed to keep pace. He was generating offense but man his defense was a little weak
He really doesn't. Even if he got 3 points tonight, he still wouldn't. Not with Bettman's new golden child.

I still think Kaprizov-Ek-Boldy has shades of Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak. I'd put them up against any other line in the league right now and feel like we have the better chance.
Kinda surprised how fast they sparked. Another fun reason to watch in what has been a low season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I turned this off after 1 because I needed to get work done and it looked like a lost cause. Two touchdowns and a field goal? 3 hat tricks in one game? Two 6 point nights (days)? The Wild need to play more afternoon games!

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
He really doesn't. Even if he got 3 points tonight, he still wouldn't. Not with Bettman's new golden child.

Kinda surprised how fast they sparked. Another fun reason to watch in what has been a low season.
Bedard indeed is Bettman's golden child, but any commissioner would be the same - you are thrilled to have such a player. I don't see Brock winning Calder even if he matched CB in points (unlikely now anyway). While an assist is a point, the goal differential between them is too great to overlook. And CB is playing on honestly one of the most pathetic teams I've ever seen in NHL uniforms. I mean, look at the names on the team and see if you recognize anyone as an above-average talent. CB really is justifying his #1 pick.
I still am thrilled with Brock though.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
WILD MATINEE FEATURES THREE HAT TRICKS, MINNESOTA SCORING SIX GOALS IN 5:45
Kirill Kaprizov
(3-3—6), Joel Eriksson Ek (3-3—6) and J.T. Miller (3-1—4) each had a hat trick as the Wild rallied past the Canucks in an epic game that featured 17 goals, marking the League’s highest-scoring contest this season. Monday’s thriller was also the first NHL game to feature a trio of hat tricks since Nov. 8, 1992, when Los Angeles had three (Mike Donnelly, Jari Kurri & Luc Robitaille).

ThreeHatTricksList-4-columns_Media-19112220.png

* Kaprizov and Eriksson Ek became the first set of NHL teammates to each record six points in a game since Wayne Gretzky (2-4—6) and Tomas Sandstrom (0-6—6) with the Kings on Oct. 9, 1993. Kaprizov and Eriksson Ek matched the franchise record for most points in a game, achieved twice by Marian Gaborik (Oct. 26, 2002 & Dec. 20, 2007).

* The Wild established franchise records for most goals in a game (10) and period (7). They scored six of their tallies in a span of 5:45, marking the fourth fastest six goals by one team in League history.

WildSalute_Media-ezgif.com-optimize-19112115.gif

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17748

Reactions: fgobuzz and TaLoN

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I played goalie in a game like this one. Our other goalie didn't show up, and so they couldn't pull me, which was a real shame because I was just OFF (I put in one of the goals myself). We ended up winning 9-7. Afterword, I felt horrible about my play, and grateful to my team in front of me. It's sort of a surreal experience, letting in 7 goals and still winning. I hope Gus and Fleury are just sort of chuckling about this one, letting it fade into the rearview, and appreciating the team around them. You may never be as good as your best game, but rest assured, you're never as bad as your worst either.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I turned this off after 1 because I needed to get work done and it looked like a lost cause. Two touchdowns and a field goal? 3 hat tricks in one game? Two 6 point nights (days)? The Wild need to play more afternoon games!
Or you should watch less Wild hockey?

you guys are the talk of the night lol what a game! good job
I detect the distinct whiff of Schadenfraude, at least as it pertains to the Canucks.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I detect the distinct whiff of Schadenfraude, at least as it pertains to the Canucks.

:laugh: noo, there's three teams I always root for from a distance because i like their fanbase: Buffalo, St-Louis, and Minnesota

Also a big Faber fan and i want him to do well

but it really was a surprising fun game

(ok, maybe a tad shaftenfraud or wtv against the nucks, but just a tad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad