GDT: G52: Wild @ Golden Knights - 9PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nice try...

No Rossi wasn't doing fine with Foligno and Gaudreau as his linemates, poor kid wouldn't be able to improve much between those two.

Nice try...

You're actively ignoring the fact that Rossi had to prove himself between those two before he got a sniff of playing in the top six

Incredible that you're somehow finding a way to give Zuccarello some credit for Rossi being a good player. You can't help yourself can you?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Nice try...

You're actively ignoring the fact that Rossi had to prove himself between those two before he got a sniff of playing in the top six

Incredible that you're somehow finding a way to give Zuccarello some credit for Rossi being a good play. You can't help yourself can you?
Same thing was done with Kap, so par for the course at this point. Gotta credit everything everyone does well to Zucc apparently.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I legitimately agree that Zucc is a good mentor for Rossi, the guy does know a whole bunch of tricks to help a player of Rossi's stature be effective in this league. The best of Zucc's skill with a young Rossi's work ethic is a good match to me.
Rossi was a good player before Zucc and Zucc can still mentor Rossi into hopefully being a player that can play until he's Zucc's age. Both sides of the coin can be true in this case :)

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I can’t see how someone can go out and turn the puck over like Zucc and still be an effective voice. He’s a possession black hole 5on5 and it’s tough to watch. He’s slow and getting slower , watching him pushed off the puck repeatedly or forcing passes because his legs can’t create lanes is difficult. I seriously hope he retires. He is certainly smart and has a high hockey IQ and that has kept him effective on the PP but man , everything else has gone to shit

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
What a load of nonsense by some posters here.

The reality is that Zuccarello is a highly respected leader by his teammates and management. When he recently continued to play a game with a broken bone in his arm, then scored in the SO and won the game for the Wild, made this respect even stronger. Hartman said: He's a leader I'd follow into battle.

Again, Zucc is having one of his best seasons, 40 in 43. Why on earth should a player with this kind of production retire? And when he offered a discount to get a new deal done early, Guerin didn't wait, because he'd be more expensive later. I'm sure the GM doesn't want to lose him.

Zuccarello is the least of this team's problems...

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

The reality is that Zuccarello is a highly respected leader by his teammates and management. When he recently continued to play a game with a broken bone in his arm, then scored in the SO and won the game for the Wild, made this respect even stronger. Hartman said: He's a leader I'd follow into battle.

Again, Zucc is having one of his best seasons, 40 in 43. Why on earth should a player with this kind of production retire? And when he offered a discount to get a new deal done early, Guerin didn't wait, because he'd be more expensive later. I'm sure the GM doesn't want to lose him.

I actually agree, Zuccarello is not a problem, he's a net positive. He does turn the puck over a lot, but he puts up enough points to make up for it. I'm a bit worried about what his contribution will still be in '25-26, but two years ago I was worried what his contribution would be this year. He's been defying age better than most players do, so far. Eventually he will fall off offensively like he has in his 5v5 play but, until then, he's not a problem.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I actually agree, Zuccarello is not a problem, he's a net positive. He does turn the puck over a lot, but he puts up enough points to make up for it. I'm a bit worried about what his contribution will still be in '25-26, but two years ago I was worried what his contribution would be this year. He's been defying age better than most players do, so far. Eventually he will fall off offensively like he has in his 5v5 play but, until then, he's not a problem.
He’s the exact opposite of what we should be looking to build as a team. He’s incredibly slow and slows the play down in turn.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Or maybe he's just not a demigod, has faults, and you're the cause of at least 50% of the consternation about him here.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
He’s the exact opposite of what we should be looking to build as a team. He’s incredibly slow and slows the play down in turn.
Which is why he should be sheltered to a degree at 5v5, and utilized liberally on the PP. If you play him to his strengths, he's not a problem. It's not like I don't see the flaws in him, it's just that I also see the shine.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The problem is he's good for about 4 minutes every game, and not so good for almost 15.

Obviously skill players are going to an outsized impact on the PP, but in this situation it's really not even close.

He should not be 2nd on the team in EV TOI/G, he should be 5th at best, and even that might be pushing it because both Johansson and Hartman are more productive at ES and less of a liability. It's a toss up whether he should even be playing on a top 6 line, but his game isn't suited for a third line either (at least not the way the Wild run lines).

PP time? Absolutely should be top 2-3 in TOI.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Which is why he should be sheltered to a degree at 5v5, and utilized liberally on the PP. If you play him to his strengths, he's not a problem. It's not like I don't see the flaws in him, it's just that I also see the shine.
I like him on the PP also. He’s smart and makes smart plays when he’s gifted room. At 5 on 5 he’s unable to make any room at all for himself and the puck is guaranteed to be headed the other way. I’m not sure how much you can shelter him. I’d be fine with him playing 4th line minutes if he’d learn to block shots and PK lol

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Or maybe he's just not a demigod, has faults, and you're the cause of at least 50% of the consternation about him here.
Oh, of course he's a god.
He's playing with a broken arm and scores game winning goals left handed. At least 2 every game.
And without his wisdom all of the rookies are doomed to be career AHL grinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad