GDT: G46: Wild @ Canes - 4PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Based on what?

He's robotic and has a bit of tunnel vision like EJ. They were both fully formed men physically and both just looked like Top 4 D when they step out there. But upon closer inspection, they lack the refinement needed to be a Pietrangelo type who can anchor a blueline.

I reserve the right to change this opinion**

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It's something you Should ALWAYS be looking at as a GM. Don't want him walking while being a complete surprise
You don't trade someone unless you know they don't want to be here. In the case he does want to move on, then he should be open to a trade in his final year.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He's robotic and has a bit of tunnel vision like EJ. They were both fully formed men physically and both just looked like Top 4 D when they step out there. But upon closer inspection, they lack the refinement needed to be a Pietrangelo type who can anchor a blueline.

I reserve the right to change this opinion**
This makes me believe that you don't actually believe what you wrote above it lol

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You don't trade someone unless you know they don't want to be here. In the case he does want to move on, then he should be open to a trade in his final year.
You trade someone if it's a net benefit to the Team. That's Why any blockbuster trade happens
like I said. depends on the return

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Is it mandatory in the Wild playbook that no matter the circumstance you have 3 options when entering the zone.

Option 1: skate the puck into the corner where you will get tied up and possibly lose the puck.

Option 2: dump the puck to the corner where you will get tied up and lose the puck

Option 3: never go to the center of the ice, always defer to option 1 and 2…..

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
It's something you Should ALWAYS be looking at as a GM. Don't want him walking while being a complete surprise
Agreed. It’s not alarmist to look ahead.
This makes me believe that you don't actually believe what you wrote above it lol
no, I just haven’t watched enough of him to get a read yet; that assessment is incomplete. And it’s only January, so I’m about 3 months from deep diving on the prospects for this years draft.

I’ve also always favored guys with NHL IQ over guys with NHL physical tools.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Depends on the return.
You don't know unless you explore
You don't put a superstar's name on the market unless you are moving them, period. What good comes from that? Even mentioning it to another GM is going to have them leaking it to the press to sow discord. Your suggestion is entirely impersonal, having your name on the market is going to damage the player's relationship with the team.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Now rest up and listen to the Leadership Dude having his moment in the locker room.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You don't put a superstar's name on the market unless you are moving them, period. What good comes from that? Even mentioning it to another GM is going to have them leaking it to the press to sow discord. Your suggestion is entirely impersonal, having your name on the market is going to damage the player's relationship with the team.
Exploring isn't "Putting on the Market"
Publicly Stating Someone will be traded is.
Plenty of hypothetical trades get discussed about tons of players that never get trended

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
does anyone have any idea what our average shot per game during the regular season has been year over year for our entire history? It feels like we are consistently near or at the bottom because I mean I saw near the end of the period we’re being outshot 31 to 10 and that just seems like f***ing par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille