Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS head home with a 3-1 series lead.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sunday, April 28 (Bedford, MA)
- Travel to Boston
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to media as early as 12:30 p.m. at Jet Aviation/Hanscom Field (380 Hanscom Dr, Bedford, MA 01730).

Reactions: smithformeragent

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Marchand most playoff goals in Bruins history :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
..and 2nd most playoffs points in B's history

1714286817749.jpeg

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
There was something so satisfying about getting texts from my brother while running and having to put on a show for my daughters' birthday party. You only get so many years where they actually want you at their party, let alone dressing up and making a fool of yourself for them.

That's us right now. We only get so many moments and games to enjoy the Bergeron's, Marchand's, McAvoy's and Pastrnak's before they salute the crowd with a stick held high and tears in the eye.

Thank you Brad for this series. Keep it rolling and keep passing on the lessons of Bruins hockey and culture to the next generation.

Don't let them let up.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I had fun reading the TML post Gabe thread after game 3. Tonight I went back for more but it wasn't as fun. They're sad and defeated but it's like they don't even care. They're praying to not come back because if they do they'll bring back Dubas and the same core players. I ALMOST felt bad for them.
Dubas? LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: HustleB and Bodit9

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Spent some time with some old Toronto friends after the game and they have had it.

They all know what will happen if Boston wins the series - The new CEO of MLSE will fire everybody and the core will be broken up.

An odd factoid is in the O6 days Toronto was the smallest city by population ( yes even smaller than Boston ) but HNIC first on radio and then TV connected all of Ontario except the areas adjacent to Detroit and Montreal to the Leafs. Then in the 70s, Toronto's population exploded and it became Canada's largest urban area.

The Leafs' downfall can be traced to a decision not to lock up the rights to a young boy in Parry Sound thinking he was too small for the NHL.

Last edited:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Loved Lohrei fearlessly pinching when Reaves was trying to exit the zone. And that move by JVR was sublime.

It's not all on Samsonov, but he seems to be reading shot too early and the Bs are picking up on it. JVR deked him, and he was way out on top of the crease for Marchand's PP goal. It was a bad angle, but a yawning cage nonetheless.

Loved the defeated body language on Reaves after JVR scored, and Domi during his skate of shame after the PP goal. Those two have actually been more noticeable than the stars on the Leafs, and goals against go along way toward neutralizing them.

The Bs thus far have shown they learned some lessons from last year's playoff debacle. But the biggest lesson is still to see - close it out at home, in five.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Just in case Leafs fans haven't read our GDT, here is what you missed. There are a few posters noticeably absent from here again, so full of their doom, gloom and criticism and then disappearing into the night, like the fans in Maple Leaf Square.

Bertuzzi really got Marchy going, as did the media and crowd booing him. He eats that stuff up and gains the strength of a bear.

Watching the clip of Nylander, Matthews and Marner on the bench is gold....and there is Bertuzzi sitting between them looking like he doesn't give a s**t. Toxic times.

The mystery illnesses of Nylander and Matthews is weird. Remember Big Z with the IV in hospital in 2011, chugging his Coke on the bench when he got back to play? That's a leader.

1714300525644.png

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
B’s have checked a lot of boxes they needed to coming into the series.

Power play isn’t just respectable, but lethal.

Pentalty kill has been solid.

Defensive depth has been tested and thus far has passed.

Secondly scoring has clicked in all but one game.

Take care of business Tuesday and we’ll then see if this has been more a product of Toronto’s failures or Boston’s successes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Very happy for JVR

Not sure why so much dislike at signing his only crime appeared who he played with along way

Super guy and family

If he was dealing with a physical issue he appears over it

Go JVR Go

I’m a Leafs fan this is my guy

Your joking right? Remember Montreal, Phili, Panthers? I do!!! 1 win at a time till it's finished!
He’s being sarcastic- he knows as much as anyone here

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Spent some time with some old Toronto friends after the game and they have had it.

They all know what will happen if Boston wins the series - The new CEO of MLSE will fire everybody and the core will be broken up.

An odd factoid is in the O6 days Toronto was the smallest city by population ( yes even smaller than Boston ) but HNIC first on radio and then TV connected all of Ontario except the areas adjacent to Detroit and Montreal to the Leafs. Then in the 70s, Toronto's population exploded and it became Canada's largest urban area.

The Leafs' downfall can be traced to a decision not to lock up the rights to a young boy in Parry Sound thinking he was too small for the NHL.
I don’t see how they can blow it up

They can wait a year and let Taveras & Marner walk

Agree on Orr - that was nuts they let him get away

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Very happy for JVR

Not sure why so much dislike at signing his only crime appeared who he played with along way

Super guy and family

If he was dealing with a physical issue he appears over it

Go JVR Go

I’m a Leafs fan this is my guy

He’s being sarcastic- he knows as much as anyone here
You could tell Jim Jackson as a Philadelphia guy was happy to call his goal.

I think that all of Sweeney’s off-season signings were seen through the lens of “This is their penance for taking one last kick at the can last season”.

And yet, here we are.

Only in the NHL can a team get worse on paper and go further. (Although MLB is heading in that direction as of late)

They win one of the next three and this season gets a grade of A+ for me, a resounding success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad