Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Islanders fan coming in with moderate peace

What’s the plan with the Wild? What moves are going to be made by deadline? What would you guys like to see I guess is a better question.

A team with Kaprizov and Boldy leading charge, it’s hard not to root for this team. Up until we meet in the finals of course
Plan? There's a plan?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guerin just extended Foligno, Zuccarello and Hartman for multiple years. Spurgeon (the captain) is not going to be traded with three years left on his deal.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Anyway, I really hope Brody and Kaprizov stay with the team once Cap hell is done

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Anyway, I really hope Brody and Kaprizov stay with the team once Cap hell is done
I think that this will be determined by the Wild front office's ability to use the cap space to bring in 1-2 high end players (at Boldy's caliber or better) to play with versus adding more mediocrity (Foligno's).

Hopefully having Foligno, Hartman, and Gaudreau locked up for the medium-term future means that we invest in high-end talent and trust our youth to be able to fill out the 4th line.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I think that this will be determined by the Wild front office's ability to use the cap space to bring in 1-2 high end players (at Boldy's caliber or better) to play with versus adding more mediocrity (Foligno's).

Hopefully having Foligno, Hartman, and Gaudreau locked up for the medium-term future means that we invest in high-end talent and trust our youth to be able to fill out the 4th line.
Hence my Spurgeon comment, gotta give to get, Spurgeon has the kind of league wide value that brings an actual talented Center into play for a return. A guy like Leon Draisaitl has two years left after this making $8MM AAV. Spurgeon three at $7.75. If the Oilers fail again and Draisaitl asked for the moon to stay, you gotta think they consider a major shift. And there aren’t many better targets for them than a Defensive top 4 RHD with leadership abilities that has owned them for the last decade.

Options like that could start becoming available next season if the cap rises.

• Haha
Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There is not a universe where a deal around Spurgeon and Draisaitl is even remotely considered by Edmonton

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Hence my Spurgeon comment, gotta give to get, Spurgeon has the kind of league wide value that brings an actual talented Center into play for a return. A guy like Leon Draisaitl has two years left after this making $8MM AAV. Spurgeon three at $7.75. If the Oilers fail again and Draisaitl asked for the moon to stay, you gotta think they consider a major shift. And there aren’t many better targets for them than a Defensive top 4 RHD with leadership abilities that has owned them for the last decade.

Options like that could start becoming available next season if the cap rises.

This will never happen. If they trade Spurgeon it will be to clear cap space and they will get pennies on the dollar... maybe a 1st round pick or something similar and a young player with some potential if there is some fit issue.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
This will never happen. If they trade Spurgeon it will be to clear cap space and they will get pennies on the dollar... maybe a 1st round pick or something similar and a young player with some potential if there is some fit issue.
Obviously it’s less than likely, but he asked for creativity to get a star player and I gave a scenario. Throw in one of our young prospects you aren’t sold on and a pick or two in your mind if it helps 😂

Wabit

May 23, 2016

It'll be a Burns type of return. A 3rd + stuff

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Anyone have full lines confirmed?
From the teams site:

FORWARDS​

97 Kirill Kaprizov - 38 Ryan Hartman - 36 Mats Zuccarello
90 Marcus Johansson - 14 Joel Eriksson Ek - 18 Sammy Walker
17 Marcus Foligno - 23 Marco Rossi - 89 Frederick Gaudreau
21 Brandon Duhaime - 26 Connor Dewar - 20 Pat Maroon

DEFENSE​

25 Jonas Brodin - 2 Calen Addison
5 Jake Middleton - 7 Brock Faber
4 Jon Merrill - 6 Dakota Mermis

GOALTENDERS​

29 Marc-Andre Fleury
32 Filip Gustavsson

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kinda nutty that Walker is getting top six opportunities before Rossi, hope he makes the most of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad