57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kap/Hartman/Zucc
MarJo/JEE/Walker?
Folgino/Rossi/Freddy G
Duhaime/Dewer/Maroon

The good news is even if Dean moves Fred up to the second line, that will put Walker with Rossi, a guy he has a proven connection with.

Fully prepared for him to move Maroon up to the second line, though, and Walker down to the 4th, even though it makes as much sense as a rat f***ing grapefruit.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Pains me to say it but I think Rossi is in a good spot for now. Freddy and him have some chemistry and Foligno is there to watch his back if nothing else.

You’d like to see a top 6 of Rossi/Freddy/Boldy and Zucc/JEE/Kap eventually but that leaves the 3rd line a disastrous combination of Guerin Guys (Mojo, Foligno, Hartman)

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Pains me to say it but I think Rossi is in a good spot for now. Freddy and him have some chemistry and Foligno is there to watch his back if nothing else.

You’d like to see a top 6 of Rossi/Freddy/Boldy and Zucc/JEE/Kap eventually but that leaves the 3rd line a disastrous combination of Guerin Guys (Mojo, Foligno, Hartman)
Wait, what's wrong with Mojo, Hartman, and Foligno as a third line? That seems like an awesome third line.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Wait, what's wrong with Mojo, Hartman, and Foligno as a third line? That seems like an awesome third line.
I think they are all passengers and would get exposed in this scenario. But maybe I’m still just bitter about the re-signings. Also don’t think that Top 6 is good enough to have a 3rd line that can’t score

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I think they are all passengers and would get exposed in this scenario. But maybe I’m still just bitter about the re-signings. Also don’t think that Top 6 is good enough to have a 3rd line that can’t score
Sure, but we're talking about a third line. I think your argument makes more sense if you're asking them to be a top 6 line.

A third line generally should play fast/hard, shutdown the opposing team, forecheck, and opportunistically chip in a few points.

I have no problem with this as a third line. I think this would be better than a lot of 3rd lines out there.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
In Hartman’s 34 goal season, he actually scored a whole bunch of his goals when playing with Foligno in the first quarter of the season, it’s a big reason he was elevated to Kap and Zucc.

Reactions: Nino Noderreiter

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I think it would be a below average 3rd line for a team that needs 3 scoring lines to contend
I mean the bigger issue with not contending is due to lack of high-end first line talent especially at Center outside of Kaprizov not that 3rd line. Two of these players are currently playing big parts of our 1st and 2nd lines for a playoff team over the past 2-3 seasons.

If we had a true 1C that would probably be fine.

Last edited:

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Islanders fan coming in with moderate peace

What’s the plan with the Wild? What moves are going to be made by deadline? What would you guys like to see I guess is a better question.

A team with Kaprizov and Boldy leading charge, it’s hard not to root for this team. Up until we meet in the finals of course

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

What’s the plan with the Wild? What moves are going to be made by deadline? What would you guys like to see I guess is a better question.

A team with Kaprizov and Boldy leading charge, it’s hard not to root for this team. Up until we meet in the finals of course

Kinda doesn't seem like there's going to be any cap space for any real moves. At this point just stay the course and see what happens.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
You can’t be serious, Spurgeon is not getting any younger. I really hope you guys get creative.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You can’t be serious, Spurgeon is not getting any younger. I really hope you guys get creative.

Team was never going to win during these dead cap years. Anyone who thought that was out to lunch. The goal seems to have been to stay as competitive as possible and build with an eye to the future at the same time. Don't sell big, don't buy big, just do what you can and see what happens.

When the dead cap ends after 2024-25, the Wild should, in theory, have a decent little collection of young players and enough cap space to go after someone bigger. But until then they're just holding serve.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Hello all, you know me as Deano
And you know, to me changes are No-No
So therefore I slot Walker with MoJo
But to be fair
I have grown some new hair
And started to dance the Go-Go

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

They have chosen to commit to this group of players through the duration of Kaprizov's current contract. After that, your guess is as good as ours.

This year, I anticipate no deadline moves due to the current contract statuses, the lack of cap space, and the unlikelihood of accruing enough by the TDL to make any kind of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad