GDT: G4: Wild vs Kings 7pm (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Future HOF'er let us down, but they love him in Montreal, what a legend, and all round great guy! So humble, one of the guys, locker room pranks are the BEST... who cares if he's shit!

I get really, really tired of the media just taking everything the Wild feed them at face value, and not pushing back in the slightest.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Arizona is gonna surprise some people. Really solid depth pickups, Hayton is becoming an Eriksson Ek-lite, adding Cooley helps a ton for scoring depth.

I've been high on them since the offseason. They are my darkhorse team to make the Playoffs this year.

VGK, EDM, LA, COL, and DAL are my preseason Playoff locks, the other 3 spots are up for grabs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wonder if he really enjoys playing hockey. Seems so uninspiried
The way he plays it? He's gotta be terrified most every second on the ice. He's slow of foot, even slower between the ears.

lol...what a failure. Have to blame Fleury for most of this.
Flower and Addison both

Addison leading the D TOI with 22.27
Horrible
Utterly terrible. I don't know how Dean couldn't see Addison was literally the worst skater for both teams combined.

Do Nothing Deano in classic form tonight.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Future HOF'er let us down, but they love him in Montreal, what a legend, and all round great guy! So humble, one of the guys, locker room pranks are the BEST... who cares if he's shit!

I get really, really tired of the media just taking everything the Wild feed them at face value, and not pushing back in the slightest.

I don't even think its about taking Wild's PR at face value.

The media just loves Fleury and nothing he does here in the twilight of his career could change it, deserved or not.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The adv stats do not agree with what everyone is saying about Addison. 5v5 xgf% (20+ min filter):
Addison/Brodin (59.49)
Addison/Merrill (53.60)
Brodin/Faber (49.75)
Middleton/Faber (49.44)
Mermis/Merrill (35.81)
Goli/Middleton (30.77)

I know it's a small sample size due to the limited number of games and injuries.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
After Flower let in those to softies to let the Kings go up 2 goals i knew it was over after that.

Why we didnt roll with Gus is odd to me.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
After Flower let in those to softies to let the Kings go up 2 goals i knew it was over after that.

From the outside looking it, it's probably the same reason they went with Gus instead of Fleury game 2, they're riding the hot hand. Unfortunately, both have only stayed hot for a single game.

I missed this game because I finally had a chance to fall asleep and I took it, but from watching the highlights today, I thought there were a lot of Kings players who didn't have their sticks tied up in our defensive zone, Fleury was bringing his C game (but not his D or F game), and I noticed one play where Addison just stopped skating and let his defensive partner take a play 1 on 1 instead of 1 on 2. Not sure why he did that, maybe there was a weird pass backward that he was cutting off? Looked lazy in the broadcast view.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Addison's TOI was power play related, as it always is.

He's currently paired 5v5 with Brodin, so of course his pairing is going to play a lot, but he still trailed Brodin, Faber and Middleton in 5v5 TOI. Almost 4 minutes of PP time jacked it up.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
are we even surprised by what happened last night? Just more of the same wild hockey; getting your hopes up and then continually letting you down. Mushy middle here we come.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
From the outside looking it, it's probably the same reason they went with Gus instead of Fleury game 2, they're riding the hot hand. Unfortunately, both have only stayed hot for a single game.

I missed this game because I finally had a chance to fall asleep and I took it, but from watching the highlights today, I thought there were a lot of Kings players who didn't have their sticks tied up in our defensive zone, Fleury was bringing his C game (but not his D or F game), and I noticed one play where Addison just stopped skating and let his defensive partner take a play 1 on 1 instead of 1 on 2. Not sure why he did that, maybe there was a weird pass backward that he was cutting off? Looked lazy in the broadcast view.
I stopped watching after those 2 weak Flower goals so i couldnt really comment on anything afterwards. Just a damn shame really.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I’m glad we locked down some our core for many years :sarcasm:. Oh well I’m withholding some judgment since I don’t consider us too healthy but giving up two games with 7 goals is not a trend I want to keep seeing. I still don’t know what to make of this team.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Wonder if this is finally the year that 100 pts isn't gonna happen? And I still can't believe they moved on from Fiala so casually.
I wouldn't be surprised.

That said, there's a stock market meme about how when you feel pessimistic and sell, it turns out that was the bottom and then the stock rallies and you miss out on all the money. My point is, the Wild are going to win the Cup.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Altogether im not that worried. Its a long season and were missing a key piece on defense and offense. Its a game where any given night one team can beat up on another. Didnt the Leafs lose to the Hawks a night or two ago? Crap happens.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I’m glad we locked down some our core for many years :sarcasm:. Oh well I’m withholding some judgment since I don’t consider us too healthy but giving up two games with 7 goals is not a trend I want to keep seeing. I still don’t know what to make of this team.

It's funny because the top line has 13 points in 4 games, but only 3 goals.
Hartman has 1 point so he's useless up there.

The goal scorer right now is Eriksson Ek with 4, but he's not on the top line.
Oh Deano :facepalm:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lost in all this is that we were the better team for most of the night. LA started out very strong, but once Dewar scored we were dominant, till Fleury started letting in goals, starting with the first shot(which should've been stopped).

I can pick apart performances of the other players, but it's tough when your goalie lets in two bad goals, just like it's a huge boost if your goalie makes two huge stops.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Probably because MAF played well the last game, while Gus struggled against the Leafs.

Gus needs the next start.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Probably because MAF played well the last game, while Gus struggled against the Leafs.

Gus needs the next start.
Might just be me but i still dont think thats enough to justify starting MAF over Gus, maybe if Gus had a couple games in a row where he struggled. Idk im kinda splittin hairs here.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Might just be me but i still dont think thats enough to justify starting MAF over Gus, maybe if Gus had a couple games in a row where he struggled. Idk im kinda splittin hairs here.
Yeah, I would have preferred they started Gus too. But I gave up trying to understand Deano's decisions.

My concern is that our defense is really rough, which means we're gonna have to rely on the goaltending more than ever....and I just know if those two guys will be able to handle it.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Yeah, I would have preferred they started Gus too. But I gave up trying to understand Deano's decisions.

My concern is that our defense is really rough, which means we're gonna have to rely on the goaltending more than ever....and I just know if those two guys will be able to handle it.
Yeah we need Spurg back badly. I dont think it will solve every problem but should help a lot.

Last edited:

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Spurgeon back puts Brodin and Faber together again for 20+ minutes a night. That alone helps a lot, and then add in Spurgeon is still a heck of a player too.
Agreed. With Spurg back our top 2 defensive pairings will look a lot better than it does now. That 3rd pairing is a sight for sore eyes though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad