GDT: G25: Scaredy Caps @ Whocares Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Important division games coming up that can put the Caps in a good place. Adopt 80s Caps work ethic and get Lindgren goaltending is a good recipe. We win not scoring first too.

Reactions: RedRocking

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1702262118370.gif

My game puck goes to Nic Dowd for 2 goals and a 63% xGF%. A true "break your body in the meat-packing factory for minimum wage because your employer won't implement basic safety measures due to *makes money gesture with thumb and index finger*" effort from Dowder tonight.

Honorable mentions go to TJ Oshie, Nick Jensen, Rasmus Sandin, and Alex Ovechkin.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
View attachment 781425

My game puck goes to Nic Dowd for 2 goals and a 63% xGF%. A true "break your body in the meat-packing factory for minimum wage because your employer won't implement basic safety measures due to *makes money gesture with thumb and index finger*" effort from Dowder tonight.

Honorable mentions go to TJ Oshie, Nick Jensen, Rasmus Sandin, and Alex Ovechkin.
I could have just picked Dowd based on eye test! He scored 1/2 of the Caps 4 goals!

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
See, now, this is exactly what I didn't want from this team.

Get my hopes up? Start looking like a real hockey team?

No, no, no.

Go back to where you came from. A bunch of over-the-hill guys and the others that don't care.

My cynical self knows how to deal with the latter.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I like the way they’re playing. Defensive zone coverage has been much improved recently.

Thought Kuemper looked good tonight. A few rebounds he could have controlled better but generally an encouraging performance.

Isn't it amazing how Kuemper looks fine when the team plays the right way in front of him? I think Lindgren has played better overall, but we don't know how sustainable that is. I think it would be a mistake to trade Kuemper. Teams don't get very far without good goaltending. It's a luxury to have 2 solid goalies and we aren't exactly hurting on cap space.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I hate the idea of load management coming to the NHL. But, a rested Oshie with fresh legs looks like he can still contribute (other possible health issues aside). So, he might benefit from sitting out occasionally.

The most encouraging thing about this team is that Carbery seems to know what he’s doing. From developing the kids (the most important task in the next few years) to motivating lazy malcontents in Mantha and Kuzy.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I hate the idea of load management coming to the NHL. But, a rested Oshie with fresh legs looks like he can still contribute (other possible health issues aside). So, he might benefit from sitting out occasionally.

The most encouraging thing about this team is that Carbery seems to know what he’s doing. From developing the kids (the most important task in the next few years) to motivating lazy malcontents in Mantha and Kuzy.
I'll set my table and die on this hill, that dude is a f***ing gem. I feel like in every step of this season I've seen him not only take control, but also give the players relief.

I think I said fairly early on in the first 6-8 games or so where there were some where he let them be themselves and others where he asked for strict adherence to the system, and then negotiated those parts. Since then, I feel like not only has the team improved overall, but that we've watched a lot of games so far and never felt like they took a period off... that's huge for this squad and how they've done things in the past. Not one GDT post to my recollection has had "they took ____ period off, let's see how that goes" because they're not that team anymore.

He's really bridging the attitude of the old team with the realities of the new NHL and the youth willing to take it in stride, and yeah it's taken a handful of games to prove that as well but now I feel like we're seeing the willing ones (Mantha) taking control while the rest find their way into the horizon.

Only question is how Ovechkin can be adapted and handled so far, if we weren't a team on the verge of legacy greatness Carbery would be the biggest breath of fresh air to a team in a long time. This dude has it.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
GDT still under four pages in the not-too-early morning of the day after. Many may have been busy Sunday but I guess this is what happens when you beat a team you should beat. I can't shake the suspicion that they're just playin' with us and will soon revert to what they've shown in the past. But I can get over that with repeated doses of Carbs and guys in sweaters playing the way they're supposed to.

Reactions: Neil Racki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad