Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
And yet a year later, “full healthy”, he had half the points.

Either the Kings are terrible at intentionally injuring the Oilers, or this narrative is completely made up.

Either way, it doesn’t seem to be a problem.
If you just watched he could hardly skate but it's also why he had to be stapled to McDavid. It's like when kucherov came back he could barely skate and put up over 30 those playoffs

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
No more screwing around Oilers, end the Kings run.

The Oilers could actually legitimately help Kings fans by smashing them in five and getting Rob Blake fired.

Have at er bud. It's a known fact that he had a high ankle sprain after that incident.

Some of you guys need serious help with reading comprehension.

I never disputed Draisaitl being partially injured in 2022. I’m disputing the narrative that the Kings constantly injure the Oilers.

The fact that we’re talking about a three year old incident as the biggest piece of evidence to the contrary is evidence in and of itself.

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
The Oilers could actually legitimately help Kings fans by smashing them in five and getting Rob Blake fired.

Some of you guys need serious help with reading comprehension.

I never disputed Draisaitl being partially injured in 2022. I’m disputing the narrative that the Kings constantly injure the Oilers.

The fact that we’re talking about a three year old incident as the biggest piece of evidence to the contrary is evidence in and of itself.
The last 3 pages are you questioning if it's a serious injury and downplaying it, not sure what you're talking about. Even this comment you say you never disputed a "partial injury". A high anke sprain isn't a partial injury, Draisaitl could barely skate out there.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
So again, to be clear, Mikey Anderson, who has never faced supplemental discipline for dirty play, injured Draisaitl on purpose, which resulted in Draisaitl not missing any playoff games and scoring 2 points per game that run.

Again, if the Kings are out there intentionally injuring your guys, they’ve done a pretty bad job at it, right? Oilers have won all three series, and never lost a player to injury against the Kings. Can you at least admit that?
Some fans want to blame everyone from the refs to dirt plays by the other team. Kings are in no way a dirty team. I will say in the playoffs where emotions are high every team takes a whack or two at the opposing players when they are behind. As an Oiler fan I seen Edmonton do this as well. All fair in love and war. The playoffs are a war and messages need to be sent as long as you don't intentionally try to injury a player.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Some fans want to blame everyone from the refs to dirt plays by the other team. Kings are in no way a dirty team. I will say in the playoffs where emotions are high every team takes a whack or two at the opposing players when they are behind. As an Oiler fan I seen Edmonton do this as well. All fair in love and war. The playoffs are a war and messages need to be sent as long as you don't intentionally try to injury a player.

I think considering they've been at each other for three years in a row...it's been relatively tame, you know? Surely on the edge but the 'worst' incidents were in the first series. Still time left I suppose but I just see dudes that don't like each other due to familiarity but have some respect for each other going hard. Lots more 'conversations' now too haha, not just driveby chirps, so there's probably way too much familiarity now.

Reminds me a little bit of a beer league team we always had issues with..the running joke was schedule it as the late game because we will either mercy rule one another or fight one another getting the game cut short. Guess who has beers after every game together now?

Wow. What did my boy Ranford do besides help win the last cup for Edmonton?

f*** you Kings.

And I still believe that PLD card is also in the Kings urinal.

Yeah I think that was a shot of every HF Kings fans home toilet

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
isitoveryet.jpg

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The last 3 pages are you questioning if it's a serious injury and downplaying it, not sure what you're talking about. Even this comment you say you never disputed a "partial injury". A high anke sprain isn't a partial injury, Draisaitl could barely skate out there.

Holy f*** your fanbase’s obsession with this three year old f***ing injury is actually unhinged.

This is all any Kings fan has ever claimed.

It’s absurd that some Oilers fans are still talking about this Draisaitl/Anderson thing like it’s 9/11.

Reactions: Three On Zero

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
Money puck had the high danger chances 4-2 for Kings.

Watching the game, Kings had volume but were limited quite well.
This tracks with how the game felt to me. I thought L.A. played extremely well but largely failed to get inside the Oilers defensive structure. Their chances were almost exclusively generated by flinging the puck at the net from the perimeter and praying for a deflection or rebound/bounce to an open guy.
Oh yeah, that was when Draisaitl had 32 points in 16 games and didn’t miss a single game.

What a devastating injury.
You think AM34 would play (and dominate) with a high ankle sprain? Nah, he’d enjoy his time off. Just because he played didn’t mean the injury wasn’t serious.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hey hey. Don't forget the "what did you have for lunch?" question

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This tracks with how the game felt to me. I thought L.A. played extremely well but largely failed to get inside the Oilers defensive structure. Their chances were almost exclusively generated by flinging the puck at the net from the perimeter and praying for a deflection or rebound/bounce to an open guy.

You think AM34 would play (and dominate) with a high ankle sprain? Nah, he’d enjoy his time off. Just because he played didn’t mean the injury wasn’t serious.

Matthews has played through injury his whole career in the playoffs…

• Haha
Reactions: VainGretzky

snag

Feb 22, 2014

f*** you Kings.

Interesting since he is the Kings director or goaltending.

archangel2

May 19, 2019

f*** you Kings.

Isn't Ranford the queen's goalie coach?

Which thread is a better read. This one or the Leafs one

Maria Sharapova

Jun 4, 2010
name a better duo than oilers fans and clearing up the ahl division before losing convincingly to the first competitive hockey team they face while blaming nurse, ceci, goaltending & the refs😂

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad