G Yaroslav Askarov (2020, 11th, NSH) - PART 2

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He’s got some insane numbers in the AHL. Is he getting a call up soon ?
Preds don't have anybody else lined up in the system atm and do want a competitive team in Milwaukee, so he won't get recalled unless there is an injury to Saros or Lankinen.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Preds don't have anybody else lined up in the system atm and do want a competitive team in Milwaukee, so he won't get recalled unless there is an injury to Saros or Lankinen.
Could sign Grigals to a contract or let him play out his AHL contract. Sign Haider once his senior year is over and i think MIL will be pretty competitive

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Could sign Grigals to a contract or let him play out his AHL contract. Sign Haider once his senior year is over and i think MIL will be pretty competitive
I don't think that using their ECHL 3rd-string guy or a new rookie out of college are quite what they are thinking of. Next year maybe, one of them along with a veteran free agent who is a little more in his prime than Grosenick, sure. But there is no "plan" to promote Askarov this season.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I don't think that using their ECHL 3rd-string guy or a new rookie out of college are quite what they are thinking of. Next year maybe, one of them along with a veteran free agent who is a little more in his prime than Grosenick, sure. But there is no "plan" to promote Askarov this season.
Try to keep the hubris in check; Grigals posted elite numbers in Gwinnett and was a big part of the Gladiators record setting start to the season.

I’ve actually seen him play in person and was confounded why the Preds havent signed him yet.

He may not be a future Vezina winner, but hes worth locking up as a future back up to Aksarov

the kid is good

• Haha
Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
lol they don't even own the Admirals, why should they care how Milwaukee finishes? Probably just keeping him there for playing time as sitting on the bench and watching Saros start 85 % of games isn't great for development

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
lol they don't even own the Admirals, why should they care how Milwaukee finishes? Probably just keeping him there for playing time as sitting on the bench and watching Saros start 85 % of games isn't great for development
It's about development. They want the Admirals to make the playoffs and get playoff games, because that's more development in challenging situations for the team's top prospects. It worked very nicely in that respect last season, and they would like to repeat that scenario.

GaboriklessWild

Oct 20, 2013
I mean, we're a bottom three team, I'd hate to see where we'd be without him.
25f2b3wq2j0c1.jpg

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
What are the chances he stays up with the preds?
Zero. He was only up as an emergency call up because of Lankinen's illness.
They should trade him for some solid assets instead
We wouldn't get enough value back. He's our best prospect and if we won't get someone else's elite prospect there's no reason to move him.
Nashville's mantra has always been build from the net out, we're set for a long time with Saros an Askarov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad