G Joshua Ravensbergen - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2025 Draft)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm glad to see him doing well in the playoffs because in the regular season he did kinda fall apart in 2024 after entering the league with a bang.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Back to back shutouts. 16 shots, but the ones he did deal with were handled fine. PG does block a lot of shots. I'm really impressed with how quick his feet are for a 6'4 kid.

Reactions: Hinterland

touchnotthecat

Dec 29, 2014
His poise is incredible for a young goaltender. He wasn't really tested today but never lost focus and was ready for the rare dangerous chance. You can tell how frustrated Kelowna is when every shooter looks to the sky. They can't figure him out.
Stood out to me at the end of the first game when he would leave the net or handle a puck on net without dropping into butterfly with minutes left on the shutout. He is just oozing confidence right now and the Cougars look unbeatableble.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He was amazing tonight. Great bounce back for him. Great bounce back for the Cougars

Back to PG for 6 and 7

I wonder if the workload caught up to him in games 2 and 3. I can’t imagine he’s played this often before and obviously never at this level or intensity

You're probably right on him getting a bit tired, back to backs are tough. Won't be playing till Monday so he'll have lots of rest.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You're probably right on him getting a bit tired, back to backs are tough. Won't be playing till Monday so he'll have lots of rest.
Yeah. I think fatigue is definitely a factor but I guess it's probably mental more so than physical fatigue. Without wanting to take anything away from Ravensbergen who I think is gonna be the top goalie available in the 2025 NHL draft I also think that he kinda got figured out as well. He entered the league with a bang but those numbers were never sustainable. I think he benefitted from being a big, athletic righty goalie which isn't something you see very often in hockey. So the more you play, especially as you keep on playing the same teams over and over again, the more difficult it becomes for Ravensbergen and he has to make adjustments, work on his game. Therefore, some up's and down's were to be expected. As a result, his 2024 wasn't quite as consistent as his 2023. Good to see him bounce back during playoffs though where he, for the most part, has been really good.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
PG and Portland 1-1 heading to OT

Season on the line for the Cougars

Ravensbergen has been incredible. An all time goalie duel with Spunar tonight

This has been one of the best games I’ve watched all year. These are the two best teams in Jr. hockey for my money

Last edited:

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Portland wins in 2OT. They advance to the WHL Final

Ravensbergen played his ass off tonight. What a playoff for him. He seemed unbeatable at times. Finishes with a 1.92 GAA and a 933 SV%

PG will be a powerhouse again next year. He will anchor that team. I’m not sure how high he goes in the 2025 draft but he’s the most exciting goalie prospect I’ve seen since Cossa/Wallstedt. His mix of size, poise and athleticism looks elite to me

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Portland wins in 2OT. They advance to the WHL Final

Ravensbergen played his ass off tonight. What a playoff for him. He seemed unbeatable at times. Finishes with a 1.92 GAA and a 933 SV%

PG will be a powerhouse again next year. He will anchor that team. I’m not sure how high he goes in the 2025 draft but he’s the most exciting goalie prospect I’ve seen since Cossa/Wallstedt. His mix of size, poise and athleticism looks elite to me
If you are a team in need of a goalie, best to secure a late first to give yourself the option to take him in the 20's. Don't think we are going to be seeing goalies going in the non PO team slots up to 16. After that, probably wide open depending on how badly your teams needs a future goalie and what's on the board with the skaters.

Or you're one of the PO teams and your starting goalie is into his 30's. Thus, need to think long term and look at drafting his heir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad