G Joshua Ravensbergen - Prince George Cougars, WHL (2025 Draft)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The only way they'll go anywhere. Ty Young is an incredibly average goalie.
I agree. They have enough offensive firepower to make up for Young and are leading the WHL right now. I don't know if Young is gonna be good enough to backstop them on a playoff run though. They should certainly give Ravensbergen more looks, see what they have in him.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Imagine Cougars make a deep playoff run - making it unlikely he is a candidate for the U18 WJC. Any chance he is selected for Ivan Hlinka tournament.?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
In his last 7 games, 6 wins, no losses

8 goals against, has faced 194 pucks.
194/202 (.960 sv%)

In his last 6 starts, 6-0 record
7 goals against, 183 pucks.
183/190 (.963 sv%)
Now post Ty Young's stats:laugh::baghead:

He's impressive. I'm not Canadian but Hockey Canada doesn't seem to have a wealth of great goalies to choose from these days so I wonder if they'd consider taking Ravensbergen on a trip to Sweden over christmas and new year. Not as a starter but it would be a valuable experience for a kid who could be the future of Canadian goaltending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Now post Ty Young's stats:laugh::baghead:

He's impressive. I'm not Canadian but Hockey Canada doesn't seem to have a wealth of great goalies to choose from these days so I wonder if they'd consider taking Ravensbergen on a trip to Sweden over christmas and new year. Not as a starter but it would be a valuable experience for a kid who could be the future of Canadian goaltending.
Hart can still be that. hopefully this guys is

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
His stats are impressive are there any goalie experts with a breakdown of his game?

I say this as a guy who has zero idea on how to evaluate goalies.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
His stats are impressive are there any goalie experts with a breakdown of his game?

I say this as a guy who has zero idea on how to evaluate goalies.
I don’t mean to brag, but I’m pretty darned good at this.

You take good height and combine it with a high save percentage.

Award bonus points for a lower GAA.

But here’s the real secret sauce: compare his stats to his backup(s) and then draft away.

Thats it. There is nothing else.

So, in this case, Ravensbergen is the clear 1st pick overall.

• Wow
Reactions: wetcoast

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I’m puzzled as to where to put the puck, his game is not missing a piece. Starting with the corners I would need Jigsaw to solve his weaknesses.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad