G Carter Hart (2016, 48th, PHI)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Quote in that article after putting it through translate: "I have a rump on my mouth."

Haha.

Sandström has/had a hiatal hernia. Could not hydrate properly and therefore could not train properly as a result.

But good news is has recovered in last few weeks and will be loaned out soon to get him back into swing of things...

Anyway, on subject of Hart, had a great game in the final and overall a good tournament.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
He seems like the real deal.

I get the same vibes I got from Saros performance in the WJC where he's just got that psychological clutch to keep it together under immense amount of Swedish pressure

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
The Flyers have had goalie problems for as long as I can remember. I hope this guy pans out for them.

They have some of the best depth at the position: Hart, Sandstrom, Ustimenko, Stolarz, Lyon, etc. As unpredictable as goalies are, you'd think at least 1 pans out. Goaltending is pretty deep around the NHL right now anyway. Hart panning out is more of a luxury than a need in my mind

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
They have some of the best depth at the position: Hart, Sandstrom, Ustimenko, Stolarz, Lyon, etc. As unpredictable as goalies are, you'd think at least 1 pans out. Goaltending is pretty deep around the NHL right now anyway. Hart panning out is more of a luxury than a need in my mind

A luxury?

Not for the Flyers; they have Elliot and Neuvirth in goal...they are not the solution.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park

I strongly disagree that goaltending is deep around the NHL. that may have been true seven years ago, but not now. Many teams are lacking legit backups. Many team lacking decent callups. Some teams lacking legit starters. There are very few top tier goalie prospects aroumd. Hart is the best or second best of those right now.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Carter Hart is on another level compared to the entire CHL. There is only one goalie in the entire CHL who has a Goals Saved Above Average of +40 and that's Hart who has only played 21 games. There are two goalies in the CHL who have a GSAA of +30 in Samuel Harvey and Justin Fazio. Both of them have played +10 more games than Hart yet still aren't close. Hart is posting a 2.019 GSAA/60 which is the highest by a mile in the CHL this year as there's only one goalie with a +1.000 GSAA/60 and that's Harvey at 1.038.

The consistency of Hart is once again on another level. Hart currently has a 0.900 Quality Starts % which is not matched and only challenge by Samuel Harvey's 0.879 and Etienne Montepetit's 0.875. Obviously though Hart's consistency has been a very high end form as here are his starts on the season (excuse the formatting):

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hart has yet to have a start that is under replacement level. He's never been in a situation where he's had a bad game he needs to bounce back from (statistically). My expectations for Hart are to have a season relative to the one that Thatcher Demko had last season. A month in the ECHL might be helpful but Hart is so good that he could go straight to the AHL and start adjusting there immediately.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I strongly disagree that goaltending is deep around the NHL. that may have been true seven years ago, but not now. Many teams are lacking legit backups. Many team lacking decent callups. Some teams lacking legit starters. There are very few top tier goalie prospects aroumd. Hart is the best or second best of those right now.

It's hard to predict the path of a goalie prospect to the NHL. I'm sure that there are several candidates that hardly anyone knows about. A lot of average to above average goalies come from nowhere

If a team has a need at goalie, they can address it easily via trade or free agency. Solid NHL goalies are more freely available than solid NHL skaters.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
It's hard to predict the path of a goalie prospect to the NHL. I'm sure that there are several candidates that hardly anyone knows about. A lot of average to above average goalies come from nowhere

If a team has a need at goalie, they can address it easily via trade or free agency.
Solid NHL goalies are more freely available than solid NHL skaters.

I don't mean to be snarky but show your work. You make a bunch of broad sweeping statements here that you don't back with any facts. Let me help you out with a few off the top of my head:

Your own team lacks a credible starter and can't 'easily' trade for one.
Edmonton lacks a backup
Arizona lacks a backup and it ruined their year right away.
NYI lacks a starter and can't 'easily' trade for one.
Carolina lacks a credible starter and it almost destroyed their entire season
Chicago can't weather the injury to their starter.
Vancouver lacks a credible starter amd can't easily trade for one
Florida has no goalie of the future
Boston has no goalie of the future
Minnesota has no goalie of the future

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Carter Hart is on another level compared to the entire CHL. There is only one goalie in the entire CHL who has a Goals Saved Above Average of +40 and that's Hart who has only played 21 games. There are two goalies in the CHL who have a GSAA of +30 in Samuel Harvey and Justin Fazio. Both of them have played +10 more games than Hart yet still aren't close. Hart is posting a 2.019 GSAA/60 which is the highest by a mile in the CHL this year as there's only one goalie with a +1.000 GSAA/60 and that's Harvey at 1.038.

The consistency of Hart is once again on another level. Hart currently has a 0.900 Quality Starts % which is not matched and only challenge by Samuel Harvey's 0.879 and Etienne Montepetit's 0.875. Obviously though Hart's consistency has been a very high end form as here are his starts on the season (excuse the formatting):

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hart has yet to have a start that is under replacement level. He's never been in a situation where he's had a bad game he needs to bounce back from (statistically). My expectations for Hart are to have a season relative to the one that Thatcher Demko had last season. A month in the ECHL might be helpful but Hart is so good that he could go straight to the AHL and start adjusting there immediately.

Why would Hart need to go to the ECHL He has nothing to learn there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad