Prospect Info: G Akira Schmid

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Hopefully he plays tomorrow vs the Islanders. Not Blackwoods fault our offense and special teams have been bad against real teams. Maybe it can give the " youngest team in the NHL " some life.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully he plays tomorrow vs the Islanders. Not Blackwoods fault our offense and special teams have been bad against real teams. Maybe it can give the " youngest team in the NHL " some life.
He needs to play tomorrow or send him back and f***ing sign Devan Dubnyk to sit on the bench.

It don't sound like Bernier is gonna be available for a while and Blackwood shouldn't be playing back to back, but I could see Lindy doing it because he's desperate for a win.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Does this mean Schmid has jumped ahead of Daws on the depth chart? I know Daws got the last callup & the two had been sharing the AHL net, but this seems like a longer-term call and it went to Schmid so wondering what y'all think

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
He needs to play tomorrow or send him back and f***ing sign Devan Dubnyk to sit on the bench.

It don't sound like Bernier is gonna be available for a while and Blackwood shouldn't be playing back to back, but I could see Lindy doing it because he's desperate for a win.
is lindy desperate for a win? you can’t even tell if there’s any urgency whole team just has an “oh well” kind of attitude

Reactions: Bleedred

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Say whaaaat? Its pretty bad and plain , just like MacB first lid. Its like a sticker they decided to slap on it last second and Schmid said screw it , its good enough.
It is in fact a sticker. They're wrapped until his new mask comes in.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Does this mean Schmid has jumped ahead of Daws on the depth chart? I know Daws got the last callup & the two had been sharing the AHL net, but this seems like a longer-term call and it went to Schmid so wondering what y'all think
Daws is week-to-week with a lower body injury after getting run over on a break away this past Wednesday. He was helped off the ice and didn't put any weight on his right leg

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Daws is week-to-week with a lower body injury after getting run over on a break away this past Wednesday. He was helped off the ice and didn't put any weight on his right leg
I know you’ve probably watched Schmid a lot, how do you like his game down with Utica?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Daws is injured and Schmid is up here anyway and not playing everything in Utica with Daws injured, then he BETTER be PLAYING games up here.

Once again, if he's not gonna get his fair share of games and a chance to push Blackwood for starts, then send him back and sign Devan Dubnyk to sit on he f***ing bench 80% of the time.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
I know you’ve probably watched Schmid a lot, how do you like his game down with Utica?
Very impressed and I think right now anyway he is the better goalie when compared to Daws and that is no way a diss on Daws who has been very good. Schmid is huge but also athletic when he needs to be. He plays such a calm game, something you would expect to see from a 27 year old vet. Calm, composed and square to the puck at all times. I'd like to see what he can do against NHL shooters.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Very impressed and I think right now anyway he is the better goalie when compared to Daws and that is no way a diss on Daws who has been very good. Schmid is huge but also athletic when he needs to be. He plays such a calm game, something you would expect to see from a 27 year old vet. Calm, composed and square to the puck at all times. I'd like to see what he can do against NHL shooters.

but we’re playing the islanders lmbo!!!

just kidding we will prob lose even if he plays great

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
If Daws is injured and Schmid is up here anyway and not playing everything in Utica with Daws injured, then he BETTER be PLAYING games up here.

Once again, if he's not gonna get his fair share of games and a chance to push Blackwood for starts, then send him back and sign Devan Dubnyk to sit on he f***ing bench 80% of the time.
Utica doesn't play until Thursday.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Utica doesn't play until Thursday.
Regardless, if he's gonna be here, he needs to be playing some games.

We could sign Devan Dubnyk right now (I think he's on an AHL PTO with Charlotte, unless they already released him after a couple days) and he could sit on our bench and watch Blackwood play every game.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Thanks for your input!!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Schmid always had the talent but was never quite able to meet expectations post draft and obviously many goalies never reach their potential. Even I thought he might be busting so it's very nice to see him finally put things together and perform. Should he get the start tonight then that would be a nice reward for a guy expected to play mostly ECHL this season.

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
I bet Schmid will surprise devils fun well. He'll become a franchase goalie for years and 1st goalie to the end of season. The history has ability to repeat...

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
How was he in his first game?

gave up 1 bad goal it seems? Ok aside from that?
Looked decent imo. He got thrown in the fire a bit, but he looks calm in net. Wouldn’t put any of the goals on him, except the 2nd, which was stoppable, but a well placed shot.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
He was "ok". Looked real good till they started getting screens in. Maybe one more game

Wouldnt fault him on the SHG... But the greene goal. Yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad