Prospect Info: (G) Adam Gajan - 2023 NHL Draft, 35th Overall

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Passed up several good prospects to go goalie

I get a run happened so Hawks must have heard it was going to happen and went with the guy they wanted but still

This is a pick that will either turn out to be a genius move in hindsight or a missed opportunity.

We shall see

At least we are getting more talent in pipeline in net

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'm good with going goalie here but I'm not over the moon on Gajan. Some people love hyping performances at WJCs and tourneys but I think it shines better when you have consistent success for goalies.

I recall a couple years ago some people analyzing why so many 1st round/2nd round goalies taken were busts, like a Kent Simpson of the Hawks. And it was lots of CHL guys who were meh or bad generally but had stellar tourneys that hyped them up. Gajan has some skill that hopefully steadies into a legit guy.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
It's going to be a while before we see Gojan. He'll play another year in Green Bay before starting at Minnesota Duluth in the Fall of 2024. We're looking at 3-4 years (~23 years old) before Gojan gets to the Hawks system ... which is fine by me.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
This was him ...the one on his back against some dude wearing 16.

You obviously didn't watch that game. Gajan is the only reason it wasn't a blowout, dude stood on his head. He saved 53 shots that game & on the OT winner his defense hung him out to dry.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ajex12x

Mar 18, 2023
I didn't mind the goalie pick, it was interesting how it all unfolded.

Thought they'd wait longer on him, but as soon as they made the pick and goalies started to fall, initially I thought it was masterful to start making other teams follow suit and then snatch the talent that fell because of that, but they ended up with whoever they wanted anyway that might've been there anyway.

Worth a shot at him imo.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
When you have a bunch of second round picks, I’m more than fine with a selection like this.

Go Hawks.

Its not really using one of 2nd's that is issue its the selection spot

#35 they passed up alot of talent

They clearly wanted Gajan and jumped on him because of goalie run that appears to have happened. Still time will tell but there were some real good players they passed on for him

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
You obviously didn't watch that game. Gajan is the only reason it wasn't a blowout, dude stood on his head. He saved 53 shots that game & on the OT winner his defense hung him out to dry.
We all know that.. We were all just having some fun since it was some "16 dude" who sliced through his defense and scored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad