Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
6'3" 181lbs

Overager

Committed to Univ. of Minnesota-Duluth

adam-gajan-2023-8379.jpg

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
interesting, isnt that pretty high for a goalie this year? None of the ranked goalies seem to be standouts

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
A year after going undrafted, the Slovakian goaltender, Adam Gajan, shouldn’t have to wait too long in the 2023 NHL draft. After a wild season where he managed to make a name for himself over in North America, many have him as one of the top goalies of the draft.

This metaphoric rise was especially helped by an outstanding performance at the 2023 World Junior Championship. Gajan was standing on his head and was a key part of the success of Slovakia. With him, Slovakia beat the USA, shut out Latvia, and took Canada to overtime in the quarter-finals. While that game will always be remembered for Connor Bedard’s wonderful game-winner, he was the reason Slovakia had a chance with 53 saves. This performance earned him the goalie of the tournament award and solidified Gajan as a prospect to watch.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I recall seeing some stats people saying teams should draft more euro overrager guys because you see plenty of those guys as the goalies who come over and have success.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I would have been fine with the huge Czech goalie as well, but Gajan was outstanding on the big stage.......I had the feeling they would go goalie with this particular pick.....I think they go the best of the bunch.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
KD zigged when everyone else zagged. Takes the top goalie and goes after the best speed/skill players he could find. Then ends the draft with drafting a bunch of bigger guys.

I heard KD really loves this kid and he is an easy guy to be a fan of.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Does he have elite skating ability?

He is actually a very good skater for a goalie. In fact, Pronman had him and Ratzlaff as the best skating goalies in this class cuz of their superior lateral movement. Gajan has by far the best athleticism out of all these goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad