Prospect Info: (G) Adam Gajan - 2023 NHL Draft, 35th Overall

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Unless their talent is just undeniable, I don't like picking goalies in the first two rounds. The last goalie prospect that really stood out to me was Wallstedt.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
If the goalie scout was worried about who achieves the most in which league for the 2023-24 season, he wouldn't have went to bat for a guy that played in the NAHL last season. Goalie picks are about a 7-year investment.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If the goalie scout was worried about who achieves the most in which league for the 2023-24 season, he wouldn't have went to bat for a guy that played in the NAHL last season. Goalie picks are about a 7-year investment.
Development isn’t linear. That doesn’t mean he didn’t have a disappointing D+1. Especially at his age relative to his peers.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Won't pretend to know everything that goes into goalie technique and projection
Development isn’t linear. That doesn’t mean he didn’t have a disappointing D+1. Especially at his age relative to his peers.
I reiterate what I said, there's not much reason to be "disappointed" unless you are actually scouting and making determinations. This isn't a forward you're putting in NHL Training Camp in a few months on Year 1 of their ELC. They intentionally took an older NAHL Goaltender, which may or may not have been a stupid thing to do, but one they did all the same because somebody felt like it was a good idea. I doubt anything has fundamentally changed because a couple other guys are playing on top NCAA teams. So a bit silly to be stat watching, but that's just me...

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I reiterate what I said, there's not much reason to be "disappointed" unless you are actually scouting and making determinations. This isn't a forward you're putting in NHL Training Camp in a few months on Year 1 of their ELC. They intentionally took an older NAHL Goaltender, which may or may not have been a stupid thing to do, but one they did all the same because somebody felt like it was a good idea. I doubt anything has fundamentally changed because a couple other guys are playing on top NCAA teams. So a bit silly to be stat watching, but that's just me...
They thought it was a good idea last year isn’t my favorite explanation, no.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They thought it was a good idea last year isn’t my favorite explanation, no.
Ok then but finally, they already have a fairly safe/not overly high ceiling guy that was a top college goalie with all the pedigree in their system in Commesso so they likely used one of their like twelve second round picks over four years on a more boom/bust one.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Ok then but finally, they already have a fairly safe/not overly high ceiling guy that was a top college goalie with all the pedigree in their system in Commesso so they likely used one of their like twelve second round picks over four years on a more boom/bust one.
Yeah that’s true. Personsllly prefer taking some flyers on athletic KHL/MHL guys rather than a 2nd on Gajan but that’s just me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad