Frolik: please describe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
I've never seen him live, but I suppose he's like any other czech player, fast and a **** of a deker. And I think he's using his body strength pretty much. I think he will be as good or even better than Jagr.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Crosby=Gretzky said:
He's ranked no.1 in a draft with Jesse Joensuu maybe not making the top five. I think that is enough.

Still. Jagr was amazing several years ago while on the Pens. I think you're a little too quick to label a 2006 prospect as "Better than Jagr."

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
I've 5 CZE games from the past WJC on tape. I'll review them and give you a synopsis. I re watched the USA - CZE Bronze medal game last week and Frolik had a nice goal driving hard to the net off the wing. Maguire et al. wouldn't stop talking about how special he is and will be and that for a 16 year old his lower body strength is amazing.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Haha...

People get reemed for saying Frolik (the early number 1 pick in 2006) could be better then Jagr.

Yet when someone mentions Crosby being the best ever....they get supported.

I think the Frolik has the potential to a superstar in the NHL....better then Jagr...who knows, that's a lot to live up to.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Crosby=Gretzky said:
I've never seen him live, but I suppose he's like any other czech player, fast and a **** of a deker. And I think he's using his body strength pretty much. I think he will be as good or even better than Jagr.

You've never seen Frolik play, apparently don't what kind of style he plays, yet you think he will be as good or better than one of the fifty best players to ever play the game? :dunce:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Crosby=Gretzky said:
He's ranked no.1 in a draft with Jesse Joensuu maybe not making the top five. I think that is enough.

Who has him ranked number one? I've seen more "sources" place Phil Kessel in that position.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Rabid Ranger said:
You've never seen Frolik play, apparently don't what kind of style he plays, yet you think he will be as good or better than one of the fifty best players to ever play the game? :dunce:
That's exactly what I thought.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
jagr is one of the most talented players to ever play the game...projecting someone to be better than him before they even turn 18 is rediculus

and i'd say that about crosby too

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Unbiased Canadian said:
People get reemed for saying Frolik (the early number 1 pick in 2006) could be better then Jagr.

Give it a rest, seriously. Who exactly is saying Crosby will be the best ever?

Saying Frolik will be better than Jagr is quite the statement. People are quick to forget how good Jagr has been, much like Lindros in his prime. They think of the Jagr of today who seems to not even be trying and still puts up around a point per game.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Jagr holds a few records and is with Bure probably best goal scorer in league..... I doubt Frolik can live up to that just how i dont see Crosby being the next Gretzky

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Frolik is probably the top undrafted prospect in the world after Crosby. He has everything you could ask for in a potential franchise player. Watching him at WJCs, he was every bit as good as Crosby was a year before at the same age.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Can we get back on the original topic?

If you have seen him play, please describe the kind of player he is. No need for a mention of Crosby in this thread.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
bossy22 said:
I've 5 CZE games from the past WJC on tape. I'll review them and give you a synopsis. I re watched the USA - CZE Bronze medal game last week and Frolik had a nice goal driving hard to the net off the wing. Maguire et al. wouldn't stop talking about how special he is and will be and that for a 16 year old his lower body strength is amazing.

Yeah I remember that goal as well.

Very Forsberg or Jagr ish type of move.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
MeffyuhTJRest said:
Can we get back on the original topic?

If you have seen him play, please describe the kind of player he is. No need for a mention of Crosby in this thread.

He plays like Kovalchuk from the little bit I've seen of him: a lot of power in his lower body, drives hard into the offensive zone, superb offensive skills. He's the total package.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Unbiased Canadian said:
Haha...

I think the Frolik has the potential to a superstar in the NHL....better then Jagr...who knows, that's a lot to live up to.
true..

as for frolik, i really enjoyed watching him play this last wjs.. he seems to have so much power down low and can just explode by guys.. kinda of like that JJ guy..

great skillset

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
King'sPawn said:
Still. Jagr was amazing several years ago while on the Pens. I think you're a little too quick to label a 2006 prospect as "Better than Jagr."
Jagr was drafted as no.5 in 1990, and then developed fast.
If Frolik, possible no.1 in 2006, can bevelop at the same speed, then he could turn out to be better.

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
Crosby=Gretzky said:
Jagr was drafted as no.5 in 1990, and then developed fast.
If Frolik, possible no.1 in 2006, can bevelop at the same speed, then he could turn out to be better.

Ah, but don't forget that European scouting in 1990 wasn't nearly what it is today. Jagr was the only player not playing in North America to be taken in the first round of his draft. In that same year, guys like Petr Bondra and Alexander Karpovtsev went in the 8th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad