Rumor: Friedman: Vancouver is a "stealth team" in the hunt for Noah Hanifin

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Elliotte Friedman said the Canucks are a "stealth team for Noah Hanifan."

Mod insert - Thought #5 from Friedman's most recent 31 Thoughts:

This is pretty exciting news, but I'm not sure if we have the assets to make the trade. Without trading Horvat, Boeser, or Pettersson, who do we have? My guess is the 7th overall pick +?.

But + what? Demko? Gaudette + ? Sutter? Juolevi (which doesn't make sense). Virtanen+ ?

I would trade the 7th overall pick for Hanifan. I'm not sure how much more I would give though. I would be okay with Sutter being thrown in. Gaudette? Maybe. Throw in Demko? Eek. I'm very hesitant to do that. Same with Virtanen without more. Hanifan for Tanev + 2nd I think I will do.

I can't see the Canucks acquiring Hanifan without an overpayment (which might turn into a steal).

Last edited by a moderator:

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Boeser Horvat Pettersson Juolevi Demko. Those five are not going anywhere.

I would trade two of Gaudette, Lind, Virtanen, Baertschi, Stecher, Hutton and a second round pick.

However that probably will not be enough.

If Wahlstrom and Hughes are not there. I might trade the 7th overall pick

If Carolina looking for one for one type of deal. Canucks won't have that player. It's has to be a package deal.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Does Polak still have is best years ahead of him/is he foundational?

After the trade:

“No, because I think we need, like, some pushback, some physicality on the backend,” said Benning. “We have to make it hard for… good players to get to the net. Sometimes, you know, the data, the things that don’t show up in the data are important, and I think what Roman brings us is important.”

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
IF Bouchard, Dobson, and Boqvist are gonzo before the Canucks pick at #7, then I would definitely offer 7OA + someone like Sven Baertschi for Noah Hanifin.

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
Looks like you are on a run to discredit several media guys because you dont like what they are reporting. So who are you trusting these days? Kypreos? Steve Simmons? Iain MacIntyre?
No kidding. Why lump Friedman in with a hack like Jason Crotchford?

Reactions: Nomobo

Doyle Hargraves

May 11, 2018
Probably a 3 way deal with Toronto, Leafs get Hanifin and #7, Carolina gets Komarov and the Canucks get Polak.

Kyle Dubas is a modern day Sam Pollack/Bill Torrey/Scotty Bowman all rolled into one. I feel sorry for the other GMs that have to deal with this man. I could easily see a deal like this playing out

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
I like the idea of being in on Hanifin though don't like the idea of giving up multiple assets for him. The team needs incoming draft picks/prospects to build a base so they could look into those type of deals.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

I would trade two of Gaudette, Lind, Virtanen, Baertschi, Stecher, Hutton and a second round pick.

If Carolina looking for one for one type of deal. Canucks won't have that player. It's has to be a package deal.

Juolevi can’t be untouchable lol

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015

The old, here’s a pair of assets PLUS a 2nd rounder pick.

Basically a handful of stuff we won’t miss.

I think the only time in recent memory a deal close to this went down was the Kesler trade. And that was even a late 1st.

At very minimum, it starts with the 1st.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Of course you would. Because that’s brutal for Carolina.

No it isn’t. That’s like the greatest trade in the world for Carolina. I was actually being generous. The far more realistic trade offer would be Noah Hanifin, Bret Pesce, and their 2nd rounder for our 1st and Mackenzie Stewart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad