Rumor: Friedman says there have been rumblings of the Flyers trading Nolan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Could have seen this coming. When you don’t have one plus trait and you’re just a good all-around junior player and an okay skater, you’re just going to be an okay player at the next level.
OK skater:confused:

I'm not a Flyers fan by any means but I've seen him a few times live and of course TV, the kid is fluid

That said

Patrick + Phillipe Myers

Nylander + Liljegren

with the thought of playing Patrick on Matthews right side

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
You watch the relationship between Konecny and Patrick - I feel the Flyers want to let that play out into something down the road. It may be the Coots - Giroux type fit in time.

That's my hope anyway.

Would rather hold onto Patrick for that reason.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

I'm not a Flyers fan by any means but I've seen him a few times live and of course TV, the kid is fluid

That said

Patrick + Phillipe Myers

Nylander + Liljegren

I'm not sure why the Leafs would do this. Nylander had almost as many points as Patrick despite missing almost 30 games and isn't much older at all, and has 2/3 seasons with over 60 points. Seems like a downgrade to me.

Reactions: Avaholic29

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if Friedman (and others) just read Internet forums and blogs (hfboards, Twitter, etc.) and use that as basis for their “rumours”

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Sometimes I wonder if Friedman (and others) just read Internet forums and blogs (hfboards, Twitter, etc.) and use that as basis for their “rumours”
I also wonder if people on the internet overvalue their own players/prospects and get butt hurt when any media says something in any regard about said players/prospects...

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I also wonder if people on the internet overvalue their own players/prospects and get butt hurt when any media says something in any regard about said players/prospects...

Probably need to get Sherlock to figure that one out :sarcasm:

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I'm not sure why the Leafs would do this. Nylander had almost as many points as Patrick despite missing almost 30 games and isn't much older at all, and has 2/3 seasons with over 60 points. Seems like a downgrade to me.

If it's the Leafs, wouldn't it make sense around a Kadri type?
Good contract, 2 time 30 goal scorer who plays a rough style Philly usually really likes.
If they are looking for a 2C it could make a good amount of sense.

Leafs need cap space and might see him in a similar light to JVR. 2nd overal pick who was underperforming who they think could be good for then.

Patrick as a 3C behind Tavares and Matthew's would be solid, and he has a few years to keep developing. If he turns into a full 2C by his late 20s, it's just in time for Tavares to move down the lineup.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
so props for the Coburn trade and....

Signed Briere
Traded 2nd(TJ Brennan) for Biron
Traded a 1st for Timonen and Hartnell
Traded Carter for Voracek, 1st(Couturier) and 3rd(Cousins)
Traded Richards for Schenn and Simmonds + 2nd
Traded Ole-Kristian Tollefsen +5th for Leino...then was smart NOT to re-sign Leino(sorry Sabre fans)
Signed Bobrovsky when no one else had him on their radar. Unfortunately old owner would not wait to full development.
Traded Lupul, Sbisa, 2 1sts(Moore and Etem-what a waste...lol) for Pronger. Unfortunate eye injury ended thing early
Traded Versteeg for 2nd and 3rd...picked Gostisbehere
Traded 4th rounder for Streit...gave them 3 good years

Holmgren certainly made some bad moves, but also made some very good ones.

I also wonder why people ignore that Bobby Mac said Patrick won't be moved, AFTER Friedman posted his tweet.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If it's the Leafs, wouldn't it make sense around a Kadri type?
Good contract, 2 time 30 goal scorer who plays a rough style Philly usually really likes.
If they are looking for a 2C it could make a good amount of sense.

Leafs need cap space and might see him in a similar light to JVR. 2nd overal pick who was underperforming who they think could be good for then.

Patrick as a 3C behind Tavares and Matthew's would be solid, and he has a few years to keep developing. If he turns into a full 2C by his late 20s, it's just in time for Tavares to move down the lineup.
The Flyers window to win is not now-3 years. The Flyers would be dumb to forgo the additional control over Patrick for short term gain. Same goes for trading him for RNH.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
The Flyers window to win is not now-3 years. The Flyers would be dumb to forgo the additional control over Patrick for short term gain. Same goes for trading him for RNH.
Dont disagree, but if he is being shopped I'd assume ita for a more proven guy.
He is also young and should grow, so it makes little sense to move him unless it's for a position they dont have.

Maybe management is looking to quicken being a competitive team? IDK why else he would be moved, he hasn't been great but for his age he has done fine for a 3C.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Signed Briere
Traded 2nd(TJ Brennan) for Biron
Traded a 1st for Timonen and Hartnell
Traded Carter for Voracek, 1st(Couturier) and 3rd(Cousins)
Traded Richards for Schenn and Simmonds + 2nd
Traded Ole-Kristian Tollefsen +5th for Leino...then was smart NOT to re-sign Leino(sorry Sabre fans)
Signed Bobrovsky when no one else had him on their radar. Unfortunately old owner would not wait to full development.
Traded Lupul, Sbisa, 2 1sts(Moore and Etem-what a waste...lol) for Pronger. Unfortunate eye injury ended thing early
Traded Versteeg for 2nd and 3rd...picked Gostisbehere
Traded 4th rounder for Streit...gave them 3 good years

Holmgren certainly made some bad moves, but also made some very good ones.

I also wonder why people ignore that Bobby Mac said Patrick won't be moved, AFTER Friedman posted his tweet.
Cause its HFBoards.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Dont disagree, but if he is being shopped I'd assume ita for a more proven guy.
He is also young and should grow, so it makes little sense to move him unless it's for a position they dont have.

Maybe management is looking to quicken being a competitive team? IDK why else he would be moved, he hasn't been great but for his age he has done fine for a 3C.
Except, he isn't being shopped. This entire thread has ignored that AFTER EF tweeted out his opinion, Bobby Mac listed Patrick as the guys that won't be moved for sure.

Completely ignored it, and still do.

Fletch wants to ADD a C because Patrick has not proved he is a #2 C yet AND because Frost has not proved he is even an NHLer yet. If Frost isn't ready, and regardless of what Patrivk does, the Flyers are short a C. Adding a C makes sense since Frost can start in the AHL of needed, then at wing in the NHL.

so again, Patrick is not available...unless of course it was a deal that blew them away. And that's not Kadri.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

That said

Patrick + Phillipe Myers

Nylander + Liljegren

No thanks, as a Flyer fan I'll keep Patrick and Myers. If the Flyers sign Hayes then Patrick can slide to 3rd centre and work on his craft with less pressure and Myers will hopefully be the Flyers defense lineup this fall.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
To his hometown Winnipeg for a deal around Trouba and him?

I hope not. The off ice stuff I heard about him makes me believe that he could derail his career here. Much sooner have Brett Howden from the Rangers, and at least a potential top 3 defenseman to replace Trouba.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wonder what Patrick’s trade value is right now. Seems like the kind of guy that is ridiculed for being a bust yet fans line up to trade for him

He is not a bust by any means which is why he gets posting traction in trade threads. He is still an interesting prospect although he has not come out of the gates like Pettersson or Heiskanen. If Philly get Hayes signed I assume it’s not to play #3 centre so it only adds fuel to the fire.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Patrick isn't getting moved for anything less than a current top pair defender or top line forward over 26 or a player 26 or younger that has top line or top pair potential.

Patrick's value is far greater than RNH

He doesn't hold that kind of value. Definitely not a bad player like some are trying to claim.. I'd trade for him for sure. But Patrick isn't worth that kind of return.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
He doesn't hold that kind of value. Definitely not a bad player like some are trying to claim.. I'd trade for him for sure. But Patrick isn't worth that kind of return.

Thats kind of the crux of it for us though. Flyers dont need futures. If we're moving Patrick, it has to be for an immediate upgrade (and obviously wed add, dependent upon the upgrade). I dont think anyone thinks he actually holds enough value to bring that player back. But if we arent getting something back that significantly improves the team now, theres really no point in trading him.

Reactions: captainpaxil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia