Post-Game Talk: Friday night lights caps wings 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Its a terrible thing to say, but part of me had wished we could sub one of those knocks out for a D. This is the kinda time you'd like to see someone like Bowey or Djoos get some time up here. I think you can easily hide a 4th line skater, its much harder to hide a defender in the playoffs.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Its a terrible thing to say, but part of me had wished we could sub one of those knocks out for a D. This is the kinda time you'd like to see someone like Bowey or Djoos get some time up here. I think you can easily hide a 4th line skater, its much harder to hide a defender in the playoffs.

Kinda have to set up your main dmen first.

We have 4 guys questionable on defense unit.

Orlov - obviously, needs all of the time Trotz can provide him.
Schmidt - practically the same. Both guys were underwhelming in playoffs.
Orpik - needs to get back on track of being capable top-4 D.
Carlson - started slow, needs to get better radically (or maybe get chemistry with Orlov).

I don't see how new young D helps the situation.

PS: Alzner needs moar time too :P He's polishing his drives to the net lately obviously.

PPS: Niskanen and Alzner are the ****ing backbone. With Holtby they're guys Trotz should be buying dinner every single night.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, I'm not as happy as I should be after a W, with 0 goals against.

Oshie hurt on the hit with Sheahan
Bura when he was going to the net against 2 wings
Eller hit by Bertuzzi against the glass @ 2.27 mark in the first.

3 guys, from differents line too

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Part of the Caps problem last season was all the injury time missed by primary D. Orpik broken leg and concussion. Carlson broken ankle. Alzner torn groin. I don't need injuries on the D so we can see a prospect play.

Besides, if one of last night's six went down, Chorney would be in.

The only way a forward call up plays now is if two of the three injured cant play. Trotz is not going to scratch Winnik or Connolly to get Barber in a game.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I guess Sanford is weak guy yet (not filled out) and he would be fine in AHL working on things (especially his shot) and getting plenty of TOI.

Getting him to the NHL has to be about teaching him what it's like to play against NHLers.

He should start to score against AHL goalies first to be top-9 guy in the NHL I guess. I believe he should be going down soon enough. It's time already. Opens up some cap space too.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ugly-ass game that turned into a good win.

Hate the injuries, but have to agree. Grinding shutout win down three forwards. Adversity and perseverance. Honestly even with those issues IMO they were the clearly better team all game.

Now just need those dings to be minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad