Freep: Expected Holland moves during off-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Weiss>Horton>Clarkson in that order.

Having Weiss would be an improvement over Filppula, Emmerton, and Andersson. I think Weiss is suffering from Brassard syndrome and needs a change of scenery. His injury history is what concerns me, so I'd want a shorter term contract. Plus if Datsyuk does in fact leave, Weiss will soften the blow.

Horton is the clear best player of the class imo, but again, injuries make me nervous with him.

I live in PA and know a decent amount of Devils fans who all can't stand Clarkson. They say since his playoffs last year he shows less heart and tries to do more than he can and is asking for way too much money than he is worth.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
He'll have a spot, just not full time.
Which is, without a doubt, unacceptable and borderline insanity.

I don't care how he does it or what washed up veterans he decides to keep but Tatar needs to be on the Red Wings full-time next year and it's looking like there's a 1% chance of that

Last edited:

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Tatar knows he would have a roster spot on more or less every nhl team, but in detroit he will get the odd call up... you cant help but feel for the kid...who isn't really a kid anymore, sad stuff.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
their is a HUGGGGGGGGGGGE difference between an organizational philsophy based on drafting and devloping well and not moving every single available pick and or prospect for aging veterans for playoff runs and buying out or moving aging veterans to free up cap space and roster room for said prospects and picks and/or QUALITY young UFA's, HUGGGGGGGGGGGE difference and that should never ever ever be confused as being one in the same

trading nyquist plus sproul plus tatar for jammy jagr is the later and a terrible idea

moving(one way or another) sammy or bert to make room for nyquist and tatar is the complete opposite and a brillant organizational philisophy

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Tatar knows he would have a roster spot on more or less every nhl team, but in detroit he will get the odd call up... you cant help but feel for the kid...who isn't really a kid anymore, sad stuff.
The **** of it all is it appears he wants to be a Red Wing but he's never going to get the opportunity. Two years from now may as well be never.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I think there is a medium to be found, having veteran depth is not a bad thing for the team, although currently I think most if not all of us agree we have too much of it.

I have no problem with keeping guys like Sammy and Bert, I just hope that they are the extra forwards who get to play when promising kids like Tatar and Nyquist get banged up throughout the year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
maybe we should just trade all the prospects

not like they're ever gonna get a chance to play anyways

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
lol ken holland. that will be the second season in a row i will not go to a single game and spend some dollars. this organisation doesn't deserve my dollars.
i am on strike. i refuse paying money until the wings get rid of sammy, bert, quincey, tootoo, abdelkader, cleary, lashoff, ericsson, white, kindl and most important ken holland.

If my memory serves me, the Wings sold out every game this year, so I don't think they'll be responding to your monetary threats ;)

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Atleast he said his philosophy is signing top free agents or atleast hinting on it. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Tatar to better our roster

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
maybe we should just trade all the prospects

not like they're ever gonna get a chance to play anyways

Only 1 team in the NHL played its rookies more than the Wings this year. Would you prefer they just play only rookies.

1/3 of the roster this season were 1st or 2nd year players.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Isn't that completely insane?

Which is, without a doubt, unacceptable and borderline insanity.

I don't care how he does it or what washed up veterans he decides to keep but Tatar needs to be on the Red Wings full-time next year and it's looking like there's a 1% chance of that

Yeah, it would be silly.

And hopefully he does. Why waste his time with an organization that overvalues washed up veterans?

I don't hope he does. I don't really care about player's desires unless it's to play for the Wings. I don't think he'll 'demand' a trade for a few reasons 1) it attaches a terrible stigma to the player 2) I don't think he's as concerned about his situation as fans are.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If my memory serves me, the Wings sold out every game this year, so I don't think they'll be responding to your monetary threats ;)

Especially coming from Germany, unless I am missing something, how much money are you dumping into this team Filmnotke? Sure a jersey maybe and lots of time, but this isn't like a season ticket holder threatening them.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
It is becoming more clear by the day that Ken Holland is the expendable one between him and Mike Babcock. If Tatar and Gus are not on the opening night roster then Holland needs to be fired.

EDIT: obviously, this is barring a package where Tatar would be a piece in bringing in a top-pairing defenseman or first line winger.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
He won't and should not get fired, there are worse GM's. But I do think he should move into Jimmy D's seat and move some new blood into his chair, the GM chair could use some new blood as well as the roster.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It is becoming more clear by the day that Ken Holland is the expendable one between him and Mike Babcock. If Tatar and Gus are not on the opening night roster then Holland needs to be fired.

EDIT: obviously, this is barring a package where Tatar would be a piece in bringing in a top-pairing defenseman or first line winger.
Unless it's Babcock saying "I'm not going to play that small Euro".

This is the problem. We don't know exactly who is holding up the progress.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Tatar, as a Wing, will be fine. The Wings like him. He'll make his way into the lineup. That's what the OP is all about. A homegrown team. The reactionary posts that imply we all know how good he is while the Wings have no idea, or don't care, and will let him waste away are just a weeeeee bit silly.

As for the article, it is no surprise. And, unlike many, I don't say that with disgruntled undertones. This team has a lot of talented youth. Continue growing it. I don't think there are any especially interesting UFAs on the market this year who won't be re-signed before July 1 anyway. It'd be nice to get a top-pairing defenseman, but there aren't any available to be signed. Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Smith, Dekeyser, Kindl, Colaiacovo, Lashoff.... it's a committee; a balanced group of experience and young talent. Let it grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad