Line Combos: Free Lukas Reichel (Now With More Points Than Mercer)

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
In the title. This experiment has been an abject failure. He looks completely lost out there. His past successes have been on the wing. The coaches need to pull their heads out of their asses and put him on the wing. I’d prefer him on Bedard’s wing but I’ll take any wing at this point. Stop it with this nonsense.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I respect that he wanted to give it a go at center and I respect how the Hawks have been patient, seeing if he can play there.

But enough already. Big enough sample size at this point. Reichel is a winger, end this experiment.

f***ing please!

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
He was drafted as a winger. We have developed him for 2 years as a winger. He showed great offensive flashes as a winger in the NHL last year. Now let's pop that balloon and try him as a center?

I don't get it either. Hopefully it ends soon.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I can usually appreciate such levels of pettiness but you being so hypocritical with who you defend or attack drives me up the wall.
It's just, he's more of a 3rd wheel on a line.
He won't be in the driver seat and be the reason his line will do well.

I wouldn't expect more out of him, find a role he just isn't more.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I agree. He's been pretty much invisible at center. I'd like to see him paired with Bedard so they both can play with someone with actual skill and hopefully develop some chemistry together.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Been saying it for weeks. I don't care about the "promise" they made him.

But I'll look at it objectively. He's looked much better at the faceoff dot game by game. He's creating and getting chances just snakebitten. Oh and he is making his agent pull his hair out by killing his money demands as an upcoming RFA. Could be worse.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Yes. Was a worthwhile experiment, but clearly won’t work if he has no talent on either side of him, and may not work anyway.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He was drafted as a winger. We have developed him for 2 years as a winger. He showed great offensive flashes as a winger in the NHL last year. Now let's pop that balloon and try him as a center?

I don't get it either. Hopefully it ends soon.
He was developed a lot as a center... at the del he partly played center. In Rockford he mainly played center.

People were complaining last year he was at wing in the NHL when they had been developing him at center.

But I've heard it claimed Richardson wants to evaluate in 10s, so after game 10 we probably see the switch

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
There's a chance that him playing center isn't the end goal. Maybe it's a step in his development that helps him round out his game.

Anyways, I think we see his buddy Kurashev on his wing for a handful of games before any changes are considered.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Not only does Reichel have 0 points personally, there has yet to be a single goal scored while he was on the ice.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kurashev-Bedard-Reichel...just try it for a few games and see where it goes

Who the hell is winning a board battle on that line? Who is going to the net (for either screening the goalie or garbage goals)? Opening up the ice for the kids to do their thing? There's a reason Panarin-Anisimov-Kane worked so well together and it wasn't just cuz of 88 and 72. Anisimov was the glue to that line for all the dirty work he was doing. I want Bedard-Reichel too eventually but you gotta have Foligno or Perry on that line (a developed Colton Dach would be perfect for example. Dach-Bedard-Lardis was lethal in development camp with Dach doing all the dirty work on that line).

Reactions: Pertti

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Who the hell is winning a board battle on that line? Who is going to the net (for either screening the goalie or garbage goals)? Opening up the ice for the kids to do their thing? There's a reason Panarin-Anisimov-Kane worked so well together and it wasn't just cuz of 88 and 72. Anisimov was the glue to that line for all the dirty work he was doing. I want Bedard-Reichel too eventually but you gotta have Foligno or Perry on that line (a developed Colton Dach would be perfect for example. Dach-Bedard-Lardis was lethal in development camp with Dach doing all the dirty work on that line).
Buddy, have you watched the games? The Hawks can’t do anything putting these plugs on the wing. You might as well try an all skill line because there might be a chance they’ll score a goal. It’s a zero percent chance the way the lines are currently being deployed.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Buddy, have you watched the games? The Hawks can’t do anything putting these plugs on the wing. You might as well try an all skill line because there might be a chance they’ll score a goal. It’s a zero percent chance the way the lines are currently being deployed.

Foligno played one game on the top line. One. :laugh:

What they need to do is stop making Athanasiou a thing as a scoring winger. Dude has 0 hockey sense to play with anybody who thinks the game at an elite level.

Reactions: Pertti

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Foligno played one game on the top line. One. :laugh:

What they need to do is stop making Athanasiou a thing as a scoring winger. Dude has 0 hockey sense to play with anybody who thinks the game at an elite level.
Sure Foligno played one game up there. But in this short season, we’ve also seen Raddysh, Perry, Donato and Tyjo up there. I didn’t see them contribute anything.

It literally could not be worse putting Kurashev and Reichel up there for a few games. Those two actually have some skill in their games at least, unlike the plugs listed above.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Sure Foligno played one game up there. But in this short season, we’ve also seen Raddysh, Perry, Donato and Tyjo up there. I didn’t see them contribute anything.

It literally could not be worse putting Kurashev and Reichel up there for a few games. Those two actually have some skill in their games at least, unlike the plugs listed above.

TyJo, Donato do not have the grit or the size that was mentioned earlier. Raddysh does not have the hockey sense or hands. I don't even remember Perry even getting any top line minutes if at all (PP isn't even strength). Perry might be slow (in fact he's very slow) but can still think the game at a high level, has the grit to open up the ice, can bang on the corners and go to the net. Foligno is a bit faster and can do all of those things as well, although he isn't as skilled as Perry. Neither guy is ideal and both guys are old, but other than Colton Dach (who probably will go back to Rockford anyways) they are probably the best bets at one of the wing spots for Bedard.

This isn't about Reichel. Why you keep bringing him up when we all agree he should he a winger on Bedard's line at this point is meaningless. It's who is going to do the dirty work so those kids can do their thing.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

What is this love of Kurashev? He's done less than Raddysh or Donato in the league or last year. And isn't even up to game speed yet. And he's nowhere near as skilled as Tyler Johnson.

I think they'll give 3 more games to Reichel at center to see if anything improves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad