GDT: Free Agent/Trade Extravaganza 2017: The Shattening

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Though I don't get buying out DSP tbh - if we waive and demote him, $900K of his cap is gone. We'd just swallow $400K of cap space for a year.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
LOL we have 5 NHL forwards on the roster right now

Hall
Zajac
Palmieri
Henrique
Zacha

Nico will be here, that's 6.

Wood/Lappin/JQ have deals. Bennett and Josefson are UFA. Blandisi and Noesen are RFA.

We are definitely signing several forwards in UFA.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Buying out DSP is so odd. It's 1 more year, who really cares...unless Shero is going to balls to the wall this off-season with trades and signings?

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. DSP sucks and offers next to nothing, they probably didn't want him in either the NHL or AHL, a small cap penalty over two years isn't going to cripple us when we're nowhere close to the ceiling.

Hopefully they'll bury Prout.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Buying out Cammalleri certainly changes things...

But that number still is not as big as looks.

27.6 Million in cap space with only half a roster signed. Right now it's 12/23 players signed. And one of the spots is Clowe....So 13 more players need to come on the books at least.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
Here's a little cold water:

On NHL Radio, they are interviewing some guy named Doug Honegger. When they asked them what he thinks Jersey is up to he said (I'm paraphrasing). "Many are wondering if they are making room to sign all these guys. I'm wondering if they are clearing space to be a Floor team because the owners aren't doing well in Jersey."

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

On NHL Radio, they are interviewing some guy named Doug Honegger. When they asked them what he thinks Jersey is up to he said (I'm paraphrasing). "Many are wondering if they are making room to sign all these guys. I'm wondering if they are clearing space to be a Floor team because the owners aren't doing well in Jersey."

As of this second, we have the lowest total cap hit in the NHL. We're still $7 million UNDER the floor.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
LOL we have 5 NHL forwards on the roster right now

Hall
Zajac
Palmieri
Henrique
Zacha

Nico will be here, that's 6.

Wood/Lappin/JQ have deals. Bennett and Josefson are UFA. Blandisi and Noesen are RFA.

We are definitely signing several forwards in UFA.

Or we are going all kids.

Quenneville, McLeod, Speers.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off

Who the hell is that and who does he know so say something like that. We're owned by Billionaires who own the freakin 76ers...

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Who the hell is that and who does he know so say something like that. We're owned by Billionaires who own the freakin 76ers...

He's some dude who played pro hockey in Switzerland. Probably has no idea and thinks Vanderbeek is still our owner.

Our ownership is fine.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

This speculation made me so upset I just landed my chopper in the middle of a youth soccer camp

OK it's an RC chopper, but still...

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm guessing we bring back Bennett. 1.25-1.5M

Severson is RFA. He'll be getting 3.5-4.5 on a midrange deal, 3-5 years in length.

Mueller is RFA. He'll be getting 2 years at 1-2.

Nico gets a max ELC deal. 950k salary, 3.5M cap hit with bonuses.

Blandisi and Noesen were qualified. 1-1.25M for each.

Hall-Zajac-Palms
Zacha-Hischier-???
Wood-Henrique-Bennett
Blandisi-JQ-Noesen

Greene-Severson
Moore-Santini
Mueller-Lovejoy

Schneider-Kinkaid

~14 million left for Shattenkirk (6.5M) and a middle-six forward (~3M). 4M in "real" cap space + 5 from Clowe. Unless McLeod fills that hole and we have even more space.

I'm guessing Lovejoy gets bought out next summer.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Got rid of Cammy a LW. Probably means a RW signing is coming (Radulov or Dadonov)

Expect us to now sign Shatty. If we get Radulov, that would make the Kovy sweepstakes quite interesting

Just an unrealistic lineup here. But one that Im hoping for.

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Kovalchuk - Zajac - Radulov / Dadonov
Henrique - Zacha - Bennett
Wood - McLeod - JQ / Noeson

LHD Trade - Shattenkrik
Greene - Severson
Mueller - LJ

This wont happen. This is however a team that would make us playoff contenders

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Even if the Devils are in the red, the owners most likely have an overall net profit yearly because of the arena.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I was listening too. They basically set him up to say Jersey would be all in and then he threw a wet blanket on our dreams :laugh: I can't see owners willing to pay a player to not play on the team rather than just let him play out his contract. This feels like Shero is making a few. If moves.

That guy also did mention that his sources around the league wonder if whoever signs KS is going to really regret it right away.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm guessing we bring back Bennett. 1.25-1.5M

Severson is RFA. He'll be getting 3.5-4.5 on a midrange deal, 3-5 years in length.

Mueller is RFA. He'll be getting 2 years at 1-2.

Nico gets a max ELC deal. 950k salary, 3.5M cap hit with bonuses.

Blandisi and Noesen were qualified. 1-1.25M for each.

Hall-Zajac-Palms
Zacha-Hischier-???
Wood-Henrique-Bennett
Blandisi-JQ-Noesen

Greene-Severson
Moore-Santini
Mueller-Lovejoy

Schneider-Kinkaid

~14 million left for Shattenkirk (6.5M) and a middle-six forward (~3M). 4M in "real" cap space + 5 from Clowe. Unless McLeod fills that hole and we have even more space.

I'm guessing Lovejoy gets bought out next summer.

I think your projected contract numbers are very realistic...Except I think Shattenkirk is going to cost more.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Got rid of Cammy a LW. Probably means a RW signing is coming (Radulov or Dadonov)

Expect us to now sign Shatty. If we get Radulov, that would make the Kovy sweepstakes quite interesting

I think Radulov would be a terrible signing. He's 31 and wants a big contract. Plus he strikes me as another flee to Russia situation. He's already done it twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad