GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
We have to be missing something on Forbort. I say we give it a few months. Not that he doesn't make mistakes but DS snagged Reilly last season and he was decent. I'm willing to have faith he didn't throw $3m AAV at a guy who looks anything like the dude Chara was this spring.

Reactions: Bodit9 and SPV

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sadly, the last half decade in drafting has taught me you’re probably right. I’ve heard so much hype here about him, Beecher, Lauko, Steen and now it’s time for one of them to win a spot on this roster. I’ve given up on Senyshyn as there is no spot on the 4th line or press box.

have the head scouts been fired and all control been given to PJ in Sweden?

Lauko was a 3rd round pick. Steen a 6th round pick. Basically a hope and a prayer.

Beecher was the 30th pick in the first round. He's 20 years old and playing in college. Nils Hoglander is the only player drafted after Beecher that year who has won a spot on an NHL team (the terrible Canucks).

Studnicka will most likely play in Boston this year.

Reactions: Flannelman

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Logging big minutes on bad teams does nothing to instill confidence in the player for me. And that's not specific to Forbort. He's a bottom pairing guy, something this team has a shitload of already.
Do you like the Ullmark signing ?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I remember the story of Schilling going on SOSH before signing off with the Sox. If any NHLer came to our board they'd never sign here. LOL

He sucks
He's a bottom pair guy
He's a JAG
He probably wants too much money
He looked terrible last year
His advanced stats suck
He's got nothing left

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm guessing Krejci signs and joins the team mid season for the playoff push. Incentive laden contract. Can't imagine he is looking at an 82 game regular season. This way he gets to spend time and train in Czech Republic in the interim.

I bet DS finally makes a summer trade in the next week and moves on from JDB as part of it. Then I bet the Krejci deal is announced within 24 hours.

Reactions: Serge and Bodit9

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I honestly don't think for a second Krejci isn't coming back. We have multiple insiders telling us this is true, and nothing about the eye test in the playoffs said he was done.

I expect they are playing coy with his decision as it enabled them to sell free agents on potential opportunity, and it doesn't put them in a bind in trade talks for guys like DeBrusk. Just makes too much sense to me. Way more sense than the idea they got Hall on a decent deal and loaded up with vets to take a run without a #2 center.

Totally agree. I'm not buying Sweeney's "center by committee" line. That sounds like total BS, especially from what the insiders are saying that Krech is coming back. I think he is just posturing so as not to lose leverage in trying to deal Jake.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How many 3rd line players have scored 20+ goals in 5 of the last 6 seasons that weren’t cut short by Covid? I think you’re underrating smith a bit. He’s a legit 2nd line RW.

Last five years he's had 12, 25, 21, 18, and 13 goals. Are you projecting goals scored and giving him credit for 20 goals seasons based on run rate since the last 2 seasons were cut short? He's also scored 20 goals or more in 5 out of his ten years in the league. If you take his average year, it's 19 goals and change. Consistent sure, definitive top 6? Depends on the team.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
In my humble opinion:

Krejci IN - Debrusk + out for a top LD
Krejci OUT - Debrusk + out for a 2nd line C

Your + in both cases will have to be fairly massive. In the first case, it's likely DeBrusk, Gryz, +. In the second, DeBrusk, Studnicka+.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Last five years he's had 12, 25, 21, 18, and 13 goals. Are you projecting goals scored and giving him credit for 20 goals seasons based on run rate since the last 2 seasons were cut short? He's also scored 20 goals or more in 5 out of his ten years in the league. If you take his average year, it's 19 goals and change. Consistent sure, definitive top 6? Depends on the team.

I can live with Smith on the 2nd line...provided a 1b type center is feeding him. Wish they could find a guy like that.

but really the line of Hall, Krejci and Smith is more than ok for me.

Reactions: HumBucker and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Do you like the Ullmark signing ?

That's a TBD. He played well on a bad team where nobody thought they'd win, so there was zero pressure. That's not the case here. He will absolutely have pressure on him to succeed. I also am troubled by his injury history. This is a guy that has never played 40 games or more in this league.

I personally would have rolled the dice with Vladar and Sway and used that money they gave to Ullmark to resign DK.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can live with Smith on the 2nd line...provided a 1b type center is feeding him. Wish they could find a guy like that.

but really the line of Hall, Krejci and Smith is more than ok for me.

Sure, if DK resigns, it will be fine. If not? Yikes. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad