GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY COVID STYLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah if Jets were a cap floor team they'd be relocating.

I value that the Jets owners and managers understand the need to compete as a classy organization. We rag on loyalty, but mutual respect is a currency

Ummm...sorry to burst your bubble, but the Jets are virtually at the cap floor now. Under $30,000 remaining cap space and still have Roslovic, Harkins and Niku to resign, so?? According to you, where are the Jets relocating this time?
No disrespect, just trying to understand your first line there, in relation to where cap friendly says Jets cap space is as of yesterday, Oct11th.

@GumbyCan2 , I think you have your terminology mixed up.

You misread @Neuf 's post and then misspoke.

There's a difference between a floor and a ceiling. Jets are nowhere near the floor.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Well all that anticipation and nuthin. :(

I guess Weegar is still a possibility. Or Sergachev ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Nothing wrong with Martinez, he’s only got a one year deal and could be had likely cheap as a one year bridge as Samberg & Heinola develop.

Reaves is obviously optional if one thinks we need more grit/toughness. Not for everyone, I would take him over MP at this point. Flames pushed us around, with Reaves that wouldn’t happen.

I was looking into Martinez a couple of years ago, when he was still with LAK. He was not good then, at his peak. He can only be worse now.

I don't know that Flames pushed us around. We were just bad without Scheifele and Laine.

But I can still see a role for Reaves, if he was thrown in cheaply.

Reactions: DashingDane

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Genuinely don’t know what Chevy might try next. All of the depth signings makes me think Heinola is staying in Finland, Samberg is starting in AHL, Gustafsson staying in Sweden.

Are we really going to run Morrissey, DeMelo, Pionk, Forbort, Beaulieu, and Poolman as our blue line? If so, that’s atrocious. I just don’t know who we target now to turn this ship around. Shitty year to purposely tank too, both in terms of it being a weak draft and since Laine will be more pissed than ever before.
Possibilities there. But, you know. If some of our rookies actually get some time to show they are ready and fit and grow and get a fair shake from the coach. And, the coach involves a better plan for team defense with allowing for offensive growth and full unit attack on offense. Our "roster as is" may be competitive and who knows the outcome?

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
OK, all those who said Rosie + 3rd wasn't enough. He has gone to Van for a 3rd. Not even a '21 3rd but a '22 3rd.
Where the heck did Van come from? Why didn't we get him? They preferred to trade with a Div rival? Or Chevy insisted they retain salary?

F**K Vegas!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Slavin for Heinola, 2021 1st and Copper?
We gain a 6' 3" 210 lb 1LHD for the next 5 years at 5.3m AAV.

Too much?

Reactions: GumbyCan2

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
OK, all those who said Rosie + 3rd wasn't enough. He has gone to Van for a 3rd. Not even a '21 3rd but a '22 3rd.
Where the heck did Van come from? Why didn't we get him? They preferred to trade with a Div rival? Or Chevy insisted they retain salary?

F**K Vegas!

Three letters: NTC

Reactions: roccerfeller

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg

F**K Vegas!

You know me , I am not one for excuses when it comes to destination. But this one reaks of Shmidt saying no to us. The return says it all

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Schmidt wasn't a free agent though. I've never been to Winnipeg yet but it can't be as bad as you all are making it out to be. Just have to be better at selling it

Then why is it the top destination on NTC/NMCs? Don't get me wrong I like Winnipeg. I'm from Saskatchewan and it's even more of a barren wasteland here. But give me the choice of Vancouver vs. Winnipeg as short term home? I don't care how good the team is, I'm taking Vancouver.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
if you would assume for a moment that we were interested in Schmidt, and not on his NTC, it is noteworthy at the least that jets fans are irate that chevy, in one instance, overpaid in the stinky-bid acquisition of Paul Stastny, and in the next underpaid in the stinky-bid acquisition of Nate Schmidt. The price of acquisition was essentially the same for both. It's arguable, due to term, that Stastny actually had more contract value than Schmidt.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't want to shit on my own hometown but having travelled across Canada and the US and when you see what other cities have to offer these young professionals I'm not offended when players don't want to come here and frankly I don't care.

Exactly it shouldn't offend anyone. It's just the nature of geography, weather and optics.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
They can use what they get and attain what they need on the wing?

Its rare to make a trade like that and then turn around and trade that again so soon after. Far easier for them to just move Slavin for a top end winger, if they were going to move him at all (I think Slavin is the most untouchable of Carolina's d-men)

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
The Schmidt deal just confirms that we overpaid for a year of a declining center. I guess that is the price for getting even declining assets if the Jets are involved. Not an easy situation for Jets management........or fans. This stings.
More like Vegas is just ALL-IN on Petro and gave up 2 Solid Assets for nothing, but a chance at the Stanley Cup.

Personally, I think this will backfire on them. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad